[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Hey0cean wrote:
Mate , you're the Flash when we talk about the speed of answering questions and guide updates. Thanks for your work, really :)

After my message about rough prices on jewels got 2 EX drops in 20 mins, so happy rn . Can afford almost everything to start transition to Ele hit!

Thank you :) and Congrats on the Exalt Drops!

Time to do some shopping! ;)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
Vei wrote:
"
Dassort wrote:
Hi Vei i try to change Gem from your PoB
i change from Awakened ele dmg with atk (642k Dps) to Combustion it show (660k Dps) and both of them have 140% mana multiplier so i want to know it's good or bad to change and why thanks a lot

Hi Dassort,

Thanks for highlighting this. I did what you mentioned and I got the same numbers as you.

Short Answer: Yes, we will change (Awaken) Elemental Damage With Attacks to Combustion

Long Answer: I am not sure what caused the change, Previously I tested the numbers 3 times, 1 time before POB was updated, and 2 times after and confirmed Elemental Damage With Attack(EDWA) + Fire Penetration give the best numbers.

I tested 2 sets of data, Level 20/20% Quality Gems for "End Game" and Level 16/0% Quality Gems for the Tabula Rasa Setup. I took a look back at the Level 16 Gems POB I have and the result is still the same as before, which is EDWA + Fire Penetration still give better numbers than Combustion + Fire Penetration so I am a bit puzzled why the numbers for Level 20/20% Quality Gems changed.

Maybe some numbers/calculations could have been updated in POB. I don't have any way to get back the old numbers so there's no way for me to find out what changed. For now, I compared the Level 20 Gem Numbers in POB to the one on POE's website and confirmed they are the same.

Since Combustion + Fire Penetration gave us better numbers, we will go for these 2 gems then, which means the Elemental Hit Setup in our Frostferno will be:

Elemental Hit + Ballista Totem + Combustion + (Awakened) Fire Penetration

This will require 2 Red 1 Blue and 1 Green Socket, similar to what we need for the helm in the past.

Here's the Updated POB to reflect the changes:

(25th July 2021) 3.15 POB(Update 2): https://pastebin.com/V9dDn3Ji (Awakened EDWA Gem in Helm swapped for Combustion)

The guide will be updated shortly to reflect this change.

I think because when combusion on helmet it got +2 but EDWA not anyway it's really nice for this build cuz it will be cheaper in end game thanks for your time bro
Last edited by Dassort on Jul 25, 2021, 10:23:48 AM
Hi, I am currently almost 60 in the new league and the Frostferno helm is way too expensive to buy right now; would this still be a DPS upgrade over Wave of Conviction Spell totems if I get quill rain and the jewels?
"
Dassort wrote:
I think because when combusion on helmet it got +2 but EDWA not anyway it's really nice for this build cuz it will be cheaper in end game thanks for your time bro

I found out the reason. It's POB's issue.

In POB, currently Gems above Level 21 is still showing 3.14's Gem info, which means we are comparing Awakened EDWA Level 20 (Version 3.15) with Combustion Level 22(+2 from Frostferno) (Version 3.14). Of course EDWA will lose to Combustion in this case!

That's why my Level 16/0% Quality Gems Setup I use for my own testing wasn't affected by this discovery because they are all below level 20, even after factoring in Frostferno's +2 Level to them, they are still version 3.15 Gems.

I have reverted the guide back to before this change("Swapping out EDWA for Combustion")

Elemental Hit Setup is now back to the previous version:

Elemental Hit + Ballista Totem + (Awakened) Elemental Damage With Attacks + (Awakened) Fire Penetration

This requires 1 Green and 3 Red Socket.

*** Attention *** If you have downloaded the "Update 2" version of the POB, please ignore it and use "Update 1" below. The current Path of Building program isn't fully updated with 3.15 info and "Update 2"'s changes(EDWA Gem on Helm changing to Combustion) was base on some old info and thus isn't applicable.

Thank you for your attention.

(23rd July 2021) 3.15 POB(Update 1): https://pastebin.com/29bqjJpx

Last edited by Vei on Jul 25, 2021, 1:25:24 PM
if we don't get awakeneds gems combustion it's better ?
"
StalinsGhost wrote:
Hi, I am currently almost 60 in the new league and the Frostferno helm is way too expensive to buy right now; would this still be a DPS upgrade over Wave of Conviction Spell totems if I get quill rain and the jewels?

I took a look at your char and am a bit confused as I didn't see any Holy Flame Totem setup. The Wave Conviction Spell Totem is suppose to be an additional DPS setup to the Main Damage Setup which is the Holy Flame Totem.

I just assume you are using the 5 Link Holy Flame Totem setup in my Leveling Guide and I will base my answer on this.

Since Frostferno is pretty expensive atm, if you don't mind investing into a 6 Link Rare Body Armour or farming a Tabula Rasa to use the gem setup I mentioned in "10.3 Note for Early League Rushers" of the guide, then yes, it's worth switching over to.

Otherwise, it might be better to continue Holy Flame Totems and if you do continue to use Holy Flame Totems, do the following for additional DPS:

- Buy the 2 x "+1 to Level of all Fire Spell Skill Gems" weapon as mentioned in the leveling guide(Keep the cost to 1c or cheaper)
- Grab the "Adds (21–28) to (42–49) Fire Damage to Spells" recipe in Dread Thicket(Act 7) and craft this onto the 2 weapon. This cost 2 Alch each.

This will help keep Holy Flame Totems DPS relevant for longer.

Last edited by Vei on Jul 25, 2021, 12:49:43 PM
"
danit0x wrote:
if we don't get awakeneds gems combustion it's better ?

A normal Level 20/20% Quality Elemental Damage with Attacks Gem is still better and provide more DPS than a Level 20/20% Quality Combustion Gem.

"
Vei wrote:
"
StalinsGhost wrote:

I took a look at your char and am a bit confused as I didn't see any Holy Flame Totem setup. The Wave Conviction Spell Totem is suppose to be an additional DPS setup to the Main Damage Setup which is the Holy Flame Totem.

I just assume you are using the 5 Link Holy Flame Totem setup in my Leveling Guide and I will base my answer on this.

As Frostferno is pretty expensive atm, if you don't mind investing into a 6 Link Rare Body Armour or farming a Tabula Rasa to use the gem setup I mentioned in "10.3 Note for Early League Rushers" of the guide, then yes, it's worth switching over to.

Otherwise, it might be better to continue Holy Flame Totems and if you do continue to use Holy Flame Totems, do the following for additional DPS:

- Buy the 2 x "+1 to Level of all Fire Spell Skill Gems" weapon as mentioned in the leveling guide
- Grab the "Adds (21–28) to (42–49) Fire Damage to Spells" recipe in Dread Thicket(Act 7) and craft this onto the 2 weapon. This cost 2 Alch each.

This will help keep Holy Flame Totems DPS relevant for longer.

I havent been using Holy flame totem at all, I was following the leveling guide in your community section and it made it seem that I should switch to the spell totems. I've just been using the spell conviction totems, am I doing it wrong?
"
StalinsGhost wrote:
I havent been using Holy flame totem at all, I was following the leveling guide in your community section and it made it seem that I should switch to the spell totems. I've just been using the spell conviction totems, am I doing it wrong?

I see, that explains. Nothing wrong at all. It happens that you are the first person who used that leveling guide and asked me question so I kinda assumed you were using my leveling guide and didn't thought otherwise.

I personally haven't tried that leveling guide but looking at your current equipment, switching over to Elemental Hit setup(On a 5/6 Link Body Armour + Other Gems used for the Setup) is a DPS upgrade for you base on what you mentioned(Quill Rain + Jewels)

Back at it again guys. Seems like GGG nerfed the rarity of a vision of ice and fire :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info