[3.13] Lancing Steel Poison | Budget T16 & Endgame bossing <1EX | Starter viable | No PoB Warrior

What you think about STR stack with Replica Alberon's Warpath boots? More HP and DPS i guess
Last edited by bigster228 on Jan 13, 2021, 7:27:19 AM
"
bigster228 wrote:
What you think about STR stack with Replica Alberon's Warpath boots? More HP and DPS i guess

I've considered it, but it creates a number of mechanical issues.

I don't think it's great for Assassin because clear is gonna be iffy. Replica Alberon's means you won't have access to reliable explosions because Asenath's, explody chest, and Haemophilia all rely on physical damage, which you can't deal anymore. You could in theory get Unholy Might, but even then your explosions are <1% of life.

Steel shard sustain would also be more clunky because you can't impale without phys damage. You don't need impales to generate steel shards, but it makes it a lot smoother while mapping.

Additionally you'd be giving up all the flat phys that's built into Lancing Steel and the physical dps on your weapons.

I you really wanted to go that way I'd probably go Pathfinder for the prolif, but I'm expecting damage to be lower, especially with the nerf Alberon's received.
Last edited by XxNe0xX on Jan 13, 2021, 1:35:20 PM
Updated with the most important 3.13 changes now.
Already had a prettier version with better color coding for gem links and item links in the gearing section, but lost that draft when I tried to add a link from a jewel that was socketed in my passive tree :(

Will continue the updating tomorrow, but all important information should be there. Let me know if you think something critical is missing.

I don't usually play the same build twice in a row, but actually liked this one so much that I will league start Ritual with it.
"
XxNe0xX wrote:
Updated with the most important 3.13 changes now.
Already had a prettier version with better color coding for gem links and item links in the gearing section, but lost that draft when I tried to add a link from a jewel that was socketed in my passive tree :(

Will continue the updating tomorrow, but all important information should be there. Let me know if you think something critical is missing.

I don't usually play the same build twice in a row, but actually liked this one so much that I will league start Ritual with it.

Thank you. I'm really exicetd to try this.
In addition to the straightforward build i really enjoy your wrinting style. Best of Luck for the upcoming content!
Nice build, i'll be using this for league start :P
i would also like to try this build i just have 2 questions im prob not going to even try the shaper but is it even possible with that build?
and the other question is what kind of flasks should i use?

tyvm!
"
Vertenx wrote:
i would also like to try this build i just have 2 questions im prob not going to even try the shaper but is it even possible with that build?
and the other question is what kind of flasks should i use?

tyvm!

It's absolutely possible to do Shaper. I did Shaper and all Shaper Guardians deathless with the budget gear setup shown, except that I had a 6 link.

Flasks is a good question.

I'm using fairly defensive/convenience focused setup:
1: 50% Instant life flask with bleed removal

2: Quartz flask with freeze removal for dodge and phasing

3: Increased effect quicksilver in of adrenaline for zoom

4: Coralito's Elixir unique flask for some extra damage

5: Enduring Mana flask for convenience (ideally with curse/ignite/freeze removal). If you hit something Mana is self sustaining, but movement skills are not and it means i don't have to change flasks for no regen maps.

If you wanted to fit in more offensive flasks the first choice would be Dying Sun for extra projectiles. Atziri's promise and Bottled Faith also both provide a damage boost, but I personally don't think they're worth it.

Witchfire Brew is another option of you want to drop Blasphemy curse, but then a huge chunk of your damage is dependent on flask uptime, which I personally really don't like.

How do you think this pairs up against other lancing steel builds. Like a full phys deadeye for example.
"
Nidion wrote:
How do you think this pairs up against other lancing steel builds. Like a full phys deadeye for example.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually played the Deadeye or Champion version in endgame, so take my analysis with a grain of salt.

I think generally it's mostly depends on your preference in playstyle. Poison means, e.g. it won't be as nice for Legion/deep delve, but you can throw in unidentified and corrupted maps all day because you don't care about any of the mods (in SC).

TL/DR for the rest:
Budget DPS: Assassin > Deadeye/Champion
Top-end DPS: Deadeye/Champion > Assassin
Clearspeed: Deadeye > Assassin > Champion
Tankiness: Champion > Assassin > Deadeye

So Assassin is a cheap allrounder, whereas the other two are slightly better if you want to specialize and/or have more currency available. Also, I believe the Assassin version beats both others (esp. Champion) in the multi-boss Maven encounters.

Single Target: I think in terms of damage the poison version wins out on budget gear. It's about equal on mid-budget gear and then on high budget the phys impale version pulls ahead, due to things like the impale Watcher's Eye and crit multi scaling. Champion used to be the clear top-end winner for this, but I think it's gotten closer now because he lost 1 extra impale and the impale effect nodes whereas Deadeye gained an extra projectile. Still, this version can absolutely reach 30-50 million DPS values with the right gear and buffs up, probably even more if you had time to fully ramp, but most things will be dead before that anyways.

Clearspeed: I would have given this to the poison version before, but Assassin did get slower due to the movespeed nerfs and Deadeye has Tailwind. The main advantage the poison version still has is passive clear with Plague Bearer, but that falls off a bit in stuff like really juiced Delirium maps. So I think Deadeye probably wins this in the very endgame. Champion isn't slow by any means, but should certainly be slower than the other 2 (at comparable gear levels).

Tankiness Champion wins this, no contest due to easy access to perma Fortify and fortify effect (if you want to go that route). I'd put Assassin very slightly over Deadeye because of Elusive access and scaling, which I personally prefer over Wind Ward (which you won't always take as Deadeye anyways).

Hope that helps, and sorry for always replying to everything with a wall of text lol

How does this delve? Delving is probably my favorite content and interested in this as a league starter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info