[3.12 HC] Dominating Blow Guardian (Mayhem HC #3 Guardian, #1 solo build)

"
V1re wrote:
Well, thanks for the Build. I will start testing it for today's last day of HC Heist.

My goal is to reach safe all HC achievements :)

Meanwhile this post maybe get edited or deleted.... but in my opinion trolls like
"
phatschtuff
should just get hunted and purged from an Templer/Knight/Paladin perspective.

So I have to downstep to his trashy meta level mindset.

@phatschtuff!

You fucking donkey!(As Gordon would say)
You fucking piece of SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET ... :O

Take your wannabe pogChamp Account with zero lvl 100 and get OUT!
Why you even talking here with NO high level Templer you little Trickster Snitch Player!

You like an small kiddo rogue player from WoW: Only crying about nerfs on your unhonored and snitchy class you play and shitting/trolling in other class threads.
Go to your scum poggers brotherhood like Payo and stay there!

As the Emperor protects, so must we,

V1re

OK, I admit your reply to the troll made me smile

Good Luck!

-O
hi

dude do you have any plan to update this build for 3.13? can you please send more videos? one last thing, please tell me about the play style and piloting this char.

thanks a lot.
I am planning this for my starting build in 3.13. Once the patch notes are out I will take my best guess at any updates and I will also update as I go along. The character I had for it is currently voided out, but I hope to post some more gameplay videos during the coming league if things go well.

In terms of playstyle/piloting, when you meet the first pack of a new map, summon your skeletons and start swinging dom blow at them. This should get you your first few sentinels. As you meet each new pack, use convocation and swing dom blow, also summoning skels for any rares that stay alive more than an instant.

Bossing really depends on level of danger. For non-deadly bosses, summon the Vaal skels and stand with them swinging dom blow.

For more dangerous bosses (like guardians, for example) take your time and be patient. Keep moving around them in a circle (more or less, while evading slams etc.), periodically summoning skels or vaal skels and swinging your dom blow only at any adds that show up.

Hope that helps. Happy to answer questions periodically as you go along.

-O

Edit: With apologies--There may be some delay in my posting additional videos. I have a new build idea that I am working on that has currently captured my imagination and full attention. May write it up later if it works out.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jan 12, 2021, 6:53:32 AM
Hi, thank you very much. Currently thinking about to use this as my league starter for 3.13. This would be my first Templar :-)

I watched some Dominating Blow videos and many uses also Herald of Purity on top for DPS. What do you think about that?
any buff/nerf? are we survive the patch? :D
Re: Herald of Purity

To make room for a 4 link HOP, we probably have to give up Pride (for mana reservation) and either Vaal summon skeletons, spectres, or some of the defensive utility skills for the link space. I would be very reluctant to give up the skellies, as they fill 2 key purposes that HOP cant replace:

1. Getting the first few sentinels summoned in a new area
2. Bossing without standing still in melee range

I also don't want to give up any of the defensive/Utility skills, as they are (in my mind) important defensive layers.

That leaves the spectres. As to whether a 4 link HOP > Spectres+Pride POB tells me that the dps is actually fairly comparable, with perhaps a moderate edge to HOP. The downside is that HOP requires you to personally be killing things or hitting Uniques to maintain, while pride and Spectres remain up at all times. For that reason, My preference is against HOP in this build.

Re: Patch
I still need to see the patch notes, but build is looking solid so far.

-O
Why no Glancing Blows?
Because the build gets enough block and spell block that glancing blows would cause it to take significantly more damage.

-O
Wait a minute...:D
Just trying to level with them. They disappear??:D In act 3 trying to hit someone with crappy weapon and kill is amusing and when faced General Gravicius they are gone mostly.
So ALL boss carry throughout game does 4L Skeletons only?
"
Orion72 wrote:
Re: Herald of Purity

To make room for a 4 link HOP, we probably have to give up Pride (for mana reservation) and either Vaal summon skeletons, spectres, or some of the defensive utility skills for the link space. I would be very reluctant to give up the skellies, as they fill 2 key purposes that HOP cant replace:

1. Getting the first few sentinels summoned in a new area
2. Bossing without standing still in melee range

I also don't want to give up any of the defensive/Utility skills, as they are (in my mind) important defensive layers.

That leaves the spectres. As to whether a 4 link HOP > Spectres+Pride POB tells me that the dps is actually fairly comparable, with perhaps a moderate edge to HOP. The downside is that HOP requires you to personally be killing things or hitting Uniques to maintain, while pride and Spectres remain up at all times. For that reason, My preference is against HOP in this build.

Re: Patch
I still need to see the patch notes, but build is looking solid so far.

-O

Thank you for the detailed answer. I think I will test both until league start and then define what I will do. I will not play HC, therefore some death are not a problem for possibly more DPS :-) I´m currently leveling with 4L DomBlow and 4L HOP and it is running really smooth. Will you play this build as league starter on Friday?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info