Note In the Wind Div Card Drop Location?

I'm Seeing in both PoE wiki's that the drop location for this card is desert spring. I'm on mayhem SSF and desperately need the helm ( almost doubles clearing damage with burning arrow and ease of use).

I'm approaching 40 Imperial Legacies, a doctor from Stacked Decks, 25 portal cards (its been breach like half the day), 5 earth drinker, 2 exalts, and no Note in the Wind. Thing is, I could have sworn that I found one in a Vintkar's Square before. Anyone have any experience with this?
Last edited by Plyte on Dec 6, 2020, 7:55:46 PM
Last bumped on Jan 6, 2021, 5:06:16 AM
"
Plyte wrote:
I'm Seeing in both PoE wiki's that the drop location for this card is desert spring. I'm on mayhem SSF and desperately need the helm ( almost doubles clearing damage with burning arrow and ease of use).

I'm approaching 40 Imperial Legacies, a doctor from Stacked Decks, 25 portal cards (its been breach like half the day), 5 earth drinker, 2 exalts, and no Note in the Wind. Thing is, I could have sworn that I found one in a Vintkar's Square before. Anyone have any experience with this?

Vinktars is a courtyard map which uses the Imperial Gardens/orchard tileset.

The flavour of the card seems more desert-ish though so the wiki may be right and you just may be misremembering. Or you might have gotten the card in vinktar's but out of a box, or from a prophecy, or maybe you had an incubator stuck on your butt that dropped this independently of what the map tileset was.

Good luck it's a neat hat and if it comes down to it you might just have better luck farming Akil's Prophecy or spamming coins.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
The thing is, I've only ever ran Vintkar's Square once, and when I got the card, I thought the card art was some sort of statue.

Desert Spring already has Earth Drinker and Imperial Legacy. It just seemed so strange to stick 2 good bow prophecy cards in the same map.
The Wind does not drop in desert or any map like it.

It drops in Jungle Valley and Atoll
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
Hasunic wrote:

Wrong Card.
Note that anyone can edit wiki.

The location is added by user 0triumph with zero prove such as screenshot or video or reddit post (which has lot of fake info)
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Plyte wrote:
"
Hasunic wrote:

Wrong Card.

+1

This is for the Asenath's Mark/chant upgrade prophecy, not for Windripper

It's plastered all over with Sekhema this and Sekhema that which is why it seems like a NO BRAINER for dropping in any Desert tileset.

I'd also check Wasteland, Dunes, Desert, and even go back to the dried lake in a4 to see if there's a chance it drops there.

Since a4 is where you first meet Tasuni to turn in your cards, it makes sense a midtier leveling item would get an upgrade prophecy there or nearby.

That said it's an unusually useful upgrade, as far as unique upgrades go, and they may have stuck it behind a level wall (mapping) or rng wall (mapping, again).

If that's the case and it's not dropping in a dozen or so dried lake runs, it's worth running cheap low-tier deserts and wastelands to find out if it drops. Try monstrous treasure or haku scarabs to see if you can force boxes with the card.

And if you do get one, make note of where and how you got it, and put it in the wiki or get someone who can to do it. This is one of the items I was looking for 2 leagues ago and never managed to get one to drop. As usual, Navali just took my money and bought monkey oreos with it.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by crunkatog on Dec 7, 2020, 10:22:04 AM
"
Hasunic wrote:

Talking about this.....

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/A_Note_in_the_Wind
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

"
crunkatog wrote:
+1

This is for the Asenath's Mark/chant upgrade prophecy, not for Windripper

It's plastered all over with Sekhema this and Sekhema that which is why it seems like a NO BRAINER for dropping in any Desert tileset.

I'd also check Wasteland, Dunes, Desert, and even go back to the dried lake in a4 to see if there's a chance it drops there.

Since a4 is where you first meet Tasuni to turn in your cards, it makes sense a midtier leveling item would get an upgrade prophecy there or nearby.

That said it's an unusually useful upgrade, as far as unique upgrades go, and they may have stuck it behind a level wall (mapping) or rng wall (mapping, again).

If that's the case and it's not dropping in a dozen or so dried lake runs, it's worth running cheap low-tier deserts and wastelands to find out if it drops. Try monstrous treasure or haku scarabs to see if you can force boxes with the card.

And if you do get one, make note of where and how you got it, and put it in the wiki or get someone who can to do it. This is one of the items I was looking for 2 leagues ago and never managed to get one to drop. As usual, Navali just took my money and bought monkey oreos with it.

By guessing via lore, Sekhema is the leader of Maraketh, so that the act 4 or act 9 areas are somehow lore related location. However, desert tileset by itself is not linked to Maraketh.

One of the reason I was scratching my head over it was because it wasn't until Sunday (about 48 hours into the league) did more than 1 card appear on Mayhem trade, and Desert Spring is a T2 map which means its probably been ran thousands of times by that point. Lowest level person I saw selling it was 82 and another was 86. Its possible its just from a Stacked Deck as well.

I google searched and a reddit thread popped up with someone speculating it dropped in Dig (You kill the dig boss to complete the prophecy), but there was no conclusion of where it dropped.

It just seems strange to me to stick Earth Drinker, Imperial Legacy, and Note in the Wind on the same map. I could have just had really bad luck, but some reason I doubt it.

I talked to a couple people with listed cards in Mayhem. Both got them from Stacked Decks.

I'm starting to think its a red-map only zone that drops it or something, or its really rare. I tried to find my old Note in the Wind card, but I may have sold it or never gotten it as I can't find it. I remember I got some super high tier card drop in Vintkar's and it may have been White Knight, but I thought it was Note in the Wind.
Last edited by Plyte on Dec 7, 2020, 12:34:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info