The Most Well-Rounded Starter Build In PoE - Detailed Leveling Guide for CA/TR Starter by Asmodeus

Thanks for the build.
Tried and this is a really good and fast build, clear 10 acts in no time.
The only downside, it is really socket dependent.
OP says in front page its hardcore viable. I wanna try this in hardcore mayhem. But I see some post here that the build lacks in the defense aspect. How is thos hardcore viable? or what to do to not die in hardcore?
Last edited by yissus on Dec 7, 2020, 9:48:56 AM
I followed this guide pretty much to the T for this Mayhem league, and have been very happy with the build. Leveling was smooth and easy. Loved the layout and the act by act tips. I've hardly touched ranger and havent played any chaos bow builds.

I tweaked the build a little once I hit maps. The core of the passives remain the sa, and its still going strong. Currently level 86, still working on gear upgrades.
As for the people saying its squishy, i haven't really encountered that. The HP pool is a little low, but for me, it'll do (sitting around 4.5k life). The dodge/acro seem to be pulling their weight for me so far.

I do have a gearing question however. I'm still using skitterbots, and currently self casting Despair. I just dropped a Profane Proxy, would it be a bad idea to give up shock or chill to run an always up curse? If so, which would be the better ailment to lose? At least until I'm able to get a proper despair ring or witchfire.
"
Laws of Woo wrote:
I do have a gearing question however. I'm still using skitterbots, and currently self casting Despair. I just dropped a Profane Proxy, would it be a bad idea to give up shock or chill to run an always up curse? If so, which would be the better ailment to lose? At least until I'm able to get a proper despair ring or witchfire.

It depends on your personal preferences and pace of farming. If you ok in manual dodging then give up some defences/life to receive more dps (const curse).
That's pretty good build with fast pace. Using it in Mayhem now. If you want- check my gear anf skill tree. Feeling pretty safe at late yellow early red maps with all that i have now but i think that little bit later i will need some upgrades in dps to save that pace if i want to achieve 95lvl :)
Im in act 7. The guide says I can turn on vitality-malevolence-flesh and stone but I cant turn all 3. I dont have enough mana. How can you do it?
"
yissus wrote:
Im in act 7. The guide says I can turn on vitality-malevolence-flesh and stone but I cant turn all 3. I dont have enough mana. How can you do it?

Search and allocate Charisma+ passive nodes above your starting point
"
Laws of Woo wrote:
I followed this guide pretty much to the T for this Mayhem league, and have been very happy with the build. Leveling was smooth and easy. Loved the layout and the act by act tips. I've hardly touched ranger and havent played any chaos bow builds.

I tweaked the build a little once I hit maps. The core of the passives remain the sa, and its still going strong. Currently level 86, still working on gear upgrades.
As for the people saying its squishy, i haven't really encountered that. The HP pool is a little low, but for me, it'll do (sitting around 4.5k life). The dodge/acro seem to be pulling their weight for me so far.

IIRC Hasunic's CA/TR Trickster recommends Profane Proxy. Since the build doesn't really use the chill effect from Skitterbots outside of slowing enemies down ?and reducing their attack/action speed? a bit, the important thing is maintaining the shock effect, which is 30% MORE damage IIRC. So put it in your left hand ring slot which counterintuitively is you the player's left, not your character's left.
"
ArcLucid wrote:
"
yissus wrote:

To tack on to what yissus said, I found that I couldn't run Vitality higher than level 10 and also run Malevolence and Flesh and Stone even with Charisma allocated on the passive skill tree. And I had to drop Summon Skitterbots to do that.

You can probably push Vitality higher later if you happen to drop an Enlighten or get some other form of mana reservation reduction like a Lab Enchant or I think it can show up on a Shaper influenced shield (-10 to -15% IIRC)...which doesn't really help this build....maybe you can get it on a quiver?
"
cirerrek wrote:
"
ArcLucid wrote:
"
yissus wrote:

To tack on to what yissus said, I found that I couldn't run Vitality higher than level 10 and also run Malevolence and Flesh and Stone even with Charisma allocated on the passive skill tree. And I had to drop Summon Skitterbots to do that.

You can probably push Vitality higher later if you happen to drop an Enlighten or get some other form of mana reservation reduction like a Lab Enchant or I think it can show up on a Shaper influenced shield (-10 to -15% IIRC)...which doesn't really help this build....maybe you can get it on a quiver?

You do need to drop skitterbots once you get the other auras. The guide says so. I didn't have problems with high lvl vitality during the acts, but had to drop to lvl 10 once I got into maps. You need an Enlighten to run all those auras, or maybe something like an Essance Worm to put one of the aura gems in it.
and where are the final links of the gems? i want to use this in delve and 3.13 =D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info