Enduring Cry

Last edited by bㄴaㄷkㅁut on Dec 9, 2020, 8:40:52 PM
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2020, 2:14:09 AM
Unfortunately it’s bad now unless you can use it instantly and bind to left mouse click, or you deal damage at REALLY close range (which makes your build questionable). I guess only for bosses it’s fine, but you won’t have reliable endurance charges otherwise.

Overall enduring cry is no longer a viable option for archers or casters who can’t get instant use. Endurance charge generation in general is now reserved for the bottom left of the tree.

All of this would be fine, except that rangers don’t have good replacement defenses. GGG desperately needs to introduce ranger-focused guard and defensive skills.

Recently I’ve been replacing enduring cry with steelskin, to be used manually whenever I see packs, on my old rangers. Sometimes I’ll keep cwdt immortal call, even without endurance charges. This is combined with vaal grace. Would love other ideas for defensive skill setups for rangers.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Nov 20, 2020, 11:47:14 AM
On most builds you won't be able to fit this shield in, but if you can, it makes Enduring Cry (and any other warcries you want to use) really good.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Redblade_Banner

It gives all warcries infinite power.
Which for Enduring Cry means, even with no monsters near you, you get max endurance charges.

And as a bonus, 50% warcry cooldown recovery.

It has decent life, decent armor, so if you are using a shield in your build, its a nice option.

Of course these days, it seems most builds use 2 handers, or dual wield.
Last edited by Odif on Nov 21, 2020, 2:21:22 AM
"
Stopping in front of a blue pack to warcry in a juiced map has always been dangerous

Luckily, you now have the option to not stop to cast EC, as you can make it instant.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Odif wrote:
On most builds you won't be able to fit this shield in, but if you can, it makes Enduring Cry (and any other warcries you want to use) really good.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Redblade_Banner

It gives all warcries infinite power.
Which for Enduring Cry means, even with no monsters near you, you get max endurance charges.

And as a bonus, 50% warcry cooldown recovery.

It has decent life, decent armor, so if you are using a shield in your build, its a nice option.

Of course these days, it seems most builds use 2 handers, or dual wield.

That is really funny to me.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
There is a cluster jewel notable Cry Wolf which gives you minimum power.

But yea, they had to nerf it because every Joe has Enduring Cry linked to Second Wind on their left-mouse-button in Harvest league.
Last edited by jeerinho on Nov 21, 2020, 10:59:12 PM
Just realized: Enduring Cry isn't just a skill gem... it's a design goal.
I wish they'd let us have an Endurance Charge if it affects at least one monster.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Nov 22, 2020, 10:39:18 AM
Enduring cry on left mouse button. Triggercrafted sceptre that triggers vaal breach, immortal call, and ice nova. *shrugs*

*<:^)

Insta cry is really the only way to go, everything they give us in terms of defensive power is "one step forward, three steps back".

Harvest was the league that saw warcries in the showcase reel but silent stripping of all instances of phys reduction from tree nodes. "Sorry we burned down your village. Here's some gummi worms."
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
demon9675 wrote:
Overall enduring cry is no longer a viable option for archers or casters who can’t get instant use. Endurance charge generation in general is now reserved for the bottom left of the tree.

That sort of make sense. The bottom left of the tree is melee, melee needs an upper edge on theoretical tankyness because it's melee.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info