GGG is Hiring Quality Assurance Testers

so long as the "we love to hire world wide but we cant" situation happens there's not much players can do.

1k hours experts.

this is a buff.

Edit: noticed how in nowhere it says "feedback" as QA.. clearly they are leaving us to alpha/beta with feedback.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Nov 15, 2020, 7:22:34 PM
LoL. I am in a wrong country. Again)
I can FLY!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WDRU/
"
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, game design or an equivalent qualification.

LMAO To play a video game? That's a yikes from me dawg.
~ Seph
"
sephrinx wrote:
"
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, game design or an equivalent qualification.

LMAO To play a video game? That's a yikes from me dawg.

If you think a tester has to simply play the game, think again lol
Scripting automated test-cases and improving our testing tools.

Really, the folks who writes the automated test-cases & manually checks the builds for problems are also responsible for improving the testing tools? How would they find the time to do that given that there is a release every 3 months and with new release comes new tests to automate.

1000 hours of experience with our game, Path of Exile.

LOL!!! Mama said, don't play computer games or no one will give you any job! :p

Also, I wish they had said 1000 hours of Action-RPG games rather than POE.
Last edited by gruumine on Nov 15, 2020, 8:19:42 PM
Invest when you can in remote position capabilities. Would really like to work for you guys. Would really like to not move from Canada.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Can't i work remotely in Aus.......

----
edit: it seem a bit demanding that also requires computer science / software eng background....
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Nov 15, 2020, 8:32:25 PM
"Please only apply if you currently reside in New Zealand and are either a New Zealand Citizen or Resident."

Is there seriously no workarounds for this rule whatsoever and even in today's situation with the virus forcing most to work from home anyway? I think the devs spoke about these weird state-wide regulations before, but why is this outdated system still in place? There is so much talent all over the world that you can have working on and improving your game and yet you are limited by such strict mandates that give you no lee-way in hiring people other than from your own country. With New Zealand having a small population compared to the rest of the world, finding talented programmers would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I just don't know... Something has to be done about this, whether it's talking with the state legislature or whatever is needed to improve this law.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Khajit has wares... If you have coin...✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Best Leagues Ever Made: Synthesis>Harvest>Delve✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Bring back: Heist Alt Quality Gems, sextants, gear enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Nov 15, 2020, 8:39:00 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"Please only apply if you currently reside in New Zealand and are either a New Zealand Citizen or Resident."

Is there seriously no workarounds for this rule whatsoever and even in today's situation with the virus forcing most to work from home anyway? I think the devs spoke about these weird state-wide regulations before, but why is this outdated system still in place? There is so much talent all over the world that you can have working on and improving your game and yet you are limited by such strict mandates that give you no lee-way in hiring people other than from your own country. With New Zealand having a small population compared to the rest of the world, finding talented programmers would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I just don't know... Something has to be done about this, whether it's talking with the state legislature or whatever is needed to improve this law.

Many countries around the world have similar laws that employment must be sought domestically before they can even have the possibility of hiring outside their home country...even then, the companies have to provide proof it isn't possible to find such employees domestically. It protects the job prospects of the citizens living in the home country.

I know for a fact that Canada has similar laws as I get asked a multitude of employment related questions from the boarder officers each time I go over for work related purposes.
I wish i was a New Zealand resident :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info