[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

https://youtu.be/h9kItycO-Rs

My progress, thanks for the help!
"
quims wrote:
Hi. Leveling with bow get more details. What kind unique things take at the start, which nodes to take early. Thanks you.

There's leveling trees and Unique starter gear in POB. Not all of it is required.

Yesterday I leveled 1-70 with just 3 uniques:
5 Link Silverbranch (+1 for CA is good, but can be any fast shooting bow - 1.5+ speed)
Victario's Flight (can be any boots you like with movement speed)
Hidden Potential jewel
Every other slot was Magic gear that I just crafted resists on.

CA linked with Pierce, Efficacy, Void Manipulation and Vicious projectiles
Allows you to clear whole packs since it drops a puddle every time it pierces.

Movement skills - Smoke mine and Flame dash - allows you to fly through the acts when combined.

Auras - Flesh and Stone, Skitterbots
Wiither totem for bosses

Hidden potential gives a HUGE damage boost for leveling. Much better than almost any unique you can have.
8 magic items is 200% inc. damage. While leveling...
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Apr 21, 2021, 3:14:57 AM
Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the awesome build! It plays really nicely in ultimatums.
Sharing my progress :)

Leveling was quite easy and smooth, with some deaths because of non existant resists.
12-24 used ED/cont.
24-62 used Bane with ED for single target boost.
62+ picked up DO for 1c, even with 2 supports it was easy game.
White maps completed with 4 support DO and 4 link CA
Yellow maps 5 support/5 link
Red maps starting now, definately need more single target. Managed to get 6 link CA and 6 support DO. Clearing is awesome. Bosses are ok. 4 watchstone guardians take a little while to kill, but they die.

Using temp chains instead of flesh and stone for now - i find that its easier to run away from ultimatum dudes that way.

Another change is one different link - blink arrow, second wind, life tap, enduring cry. I find that in some bossfights the flask does not refill, and it can cause issues. Enduring cry is quite nice to refill 2k HP, as well as activate life tap.

Got super lucky crafting bow. Bought the base for 80c. Socketed and linked it in under 50 orbs... hit dot multi in under 100 alts.. annuled prefix :D

Currently saving 4ex to finish bow, and from there its going to be medium clusters which are sooo expensive :( But im looking forward to it, because there is so much room to improve everything!

"
Mantleting wrote:
Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the awesome build! It plays really nicely in ultimatums.
Sharing my progress :)

Leveling was quite easy and smooth, with some deaths because of non existant resists.
12-24 used ED/cont.
24-62 used Bane with ED for single target boost.
62+ picked up DO for 1c, even with 2 supports it was easy game.
White maps completed with 4 support DO and 4 link CA
Yellow maps 5 support/5 link
Red maps starting now, definately need more single target. Managed to get 6 link CA and 6 support DO. Clearing is awesome. Bosses are ok. 4 watchstone guardians take a little while to kill, but they die.

Using temp chains instead of flesh and stone for now - i find that its easier to run away from ultimatum dudes that way.

Another change is one different link - blink arrow, second wind, life tap, enduring cry. I find that in some bossfights the flask does not refill, and it can cause issues. Enduring cry is quite nice to refill 2k HP, as well as activate life tap.

Good idea, I'm trying it as now as well :)

"

Got super lucky crafting bow. Bought the base for 80c. Socketed and linked it in under 50 orbs... hit dot multi in under 100 alts.. annuled prefix :D

Currently saving 4ex to finish bow, and from there its going to be medium clusters which are sooo expensive :( But im looking forward to it, because there is so much room to improve everything!

Spoiler

Nice progress already. I'm still behind you since I only started yesterday ;)
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Apr 21, 2021, 10:46:01 AM
I was going top ask about Life tap support what skill are you using to proc it?
Rerolling my starter to this. I currently have this gear ready to go but im pretty poor now. What would you upgrade next? Also, snagged that bow for 50c i think that is a pretty good deal ya?

Last edited by i003 on Apr 22, 2021, 10:29:58 AM
"
SueNik wrote:
I was going top ask about Life tap support what skill are you using to proc it?

See the post above. I use the same links: blink arrow, second wind, life tap, enduring cry

"
i003 wrote:
Rerolling my starter to this. I currently have this gear ready to go but im pretty poor now. What would you upgrade next? Also, snagged that bow for 50c i think that is a pretty good deal ya?

The bow, except dot multi is not the best choice, but will do for a start.
You will need to have it at least 5 linked.

When short on currency, I would recommend first to get a cheap 6 link short bow (they go for 15-20c).
Alt spam for at least +1 socketed gems and/or dot multi and craft chaos dot multi on it. This should get you to red maps. And start working on the endgame bow as described in the first post.

Example of my budget bow that I run at the moment:

And that's the base I got for the endgame bow:

Apart from that get Atziri's Step boots (20-30c). Inertia and Hidden potential jewels (try to find one of them with Corrupted Blood). Rest of the gear try to keep magic with Life and Res until you can afford some more expensive stuff.

Look at my gear (DeathBard char), I'm also broke, currently in yellow maps and everything dies easily, including Ultimatums.
The manifesto said "Quivers as Caster Offhands
Critical Strike Chance, Critical Strike Multiplier, Damage over Time Multiplier and Chain modifiers on quivers now only apply to Attacks or Bow Skills. ".

Does that mean it won't affect the Deaths oath auras? I'm not sure! I'm thinking of doing a 6L Vaal Blight
"
GGZII wrote:
The manifesto said "Quivers as Caster Offhands
Critical Strike Chance, Critical Strike Multiplier, Damage over Time Multiplier and Chain modifiers on quivers now only apply to Attacks or Bow Skills. ".

Does that mean it won't affect the Deaths oath auras? I'm not sure! I'm thinking of doing a 6L Vaal Blight

This was answered in the first post under 3.14 changes.

Yes, quiver no longer affects DO, but it still affects our CA.

If you want to try Vaal Blight, let me know how it goes. From POB checks, it's not as good as CA, especially since we don't have any spell damage increase on the tree.

edit: "NOT as good as CA"
Last edited by f4ward on Apr 24, 2021, 12:10:01 AM
I'm running this build currently, had problems with survivability, decided to switch out flesh and stone to lv 21 enfeeble and it made me immortal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info