[3.15] Saqawal's Twister | Easy/Unique Playstyle | All Content | Cheap Budget

As for a bit of theory-crafting, do you think it would be possible to play as a separate class / ascendancy in 3.13? Chieftain and Scion was mentioned in 3.12 (not sure if still explicitly viable since that section of the build didn't look updated from last league), but anyone else maybe? ranger/pathfinder? just wondering. Assassin seems like the most tailored for this particular build (especially the poisons), but trying to add to the lesser represented pools of characters ;)

note on spider mtx travel distance, maybe it's a compromise on using unbound ailments and not having to swap to increased duration - lol
Last edited by dudeitstimetotwerk on Feb 5, 2021, 1:21:40 PM
Hi Currently playing the build as chieftain but I want to level a shadow and use the same items except for maybe swapping my current chest armor for the replica chest with 6 sockets.

Will it be possible to get more damage with shadow and still use the HH?

Spoiler
"
Vernuft wrote:
Hi Currently playing the build as chieftain but I want to level a shadow and use the same items except for maybe swapping my current chest armor for the replica chest with 6 sockets.

Will it be possible to get more damage with shadow and still use the HH?

Spoiler

that's some pretty awesome (and relatively expensive) gear.

imo, you would definitely be able to use the same gear, but you may want to reconsider some gems. The shadow variant is more of a crit + poison(from tree/ascendancy nodes) build, while it looks like you have more elemental damage gems socketed in your gear. the only thing I would change in the items particularly is the bottled faith (because generally I zoom zoom around too much to stand on consecrated ground, but I suppose you could use it in general), the wise oak (because your damage will be poison(chaos) based in the shadow variant, and to a lesser degree the chest -- where the mana on kill would be awesome if it were chaos res (being a suffix and all, and chaos res = QOL), and that enchant is %life/%mana

---- as for the question of more damage? ----

well I have no direct experience with the chieftain variant and how significant the difference is b/w fire(I guess?) dmg vs the crit poisons from the shadow, so you'd have to set up PoB just right to compare numbers.

with your gear, you should be able to do maps incredibly easily...
the build isn't really a boss build, so I don't have direct tips for that (except changing hh and stuff) (although I believe in poisons more for bosses just cuz it's poisons)

oh, and dont forgot the gems on your tree!
Last edited by dudeitstimetotwerk on Feb 6, 2021, 10:22:49 AM
Just had a quick question, in your budget build version of your PoB for your helmet you have 5 gems in there. One can assume possibly Increased Duration should be unchecked?
"
Zombiism wrote:
Just had a quick question, in your budget build version of your PoB for your helmet you have 5 gems in there. One can assume possibly Increased Duration should be unchecked?

there's tradeoffs for the gems in there (I'm assuming there's [inc duration, vile toxins, deadly ailments, unbound ailments, gmp]?)... there are preferred ones that's explained elsewhere in the faq (the 3 green), while he recommends to make at least 1 socket white with a vorici bench so you could swap out inc duration and unbound ailments. (check the gear > helmet section)

inc duration makes the tornados last longer and travel further (so you'd expect them to be better for mapping and spread out enemies and just having more tornados out), while unbound ailments is for more damage.

you'll def notice a difference when you swap between the two
"
"
Zombiism wrote:

there's tradeoffs for the gems in there (I'm assuming there's [inc duration, vile toxins, deadly ailments, unbound ailments, gmp]?)... there are preferred ones that's explained elsewhere in the faq (the 3 green), while he recommends to make at least 1 socket white with a vorici bench so you could swap out inc duration and unbound ailments. (check the gear > helmet section)

inc duration makes the tornados last longer and travel further (so you'd expect them to be better for mapping and spread out enemies and just having more tornados out), while unbound ailments is for more damage.

you'll def notice a difference when you swap between the two

Ah fair enough, I figured there was a reason, guess I should have read more carefully. I appreciate the response. Definitely looking forward to trying this out. Just waiting for a bit more startup funds lol. Spent all my currency on a build I ended up not liking. So trying to liquidate :P
it's fun, but definitely not a focused boss killer (b/c of the spread out dps and dmg over time poisons), and I feel like you're limited in design trying to push towards maximizing the build (tree layout... mostly reliance on uniques... the "flat upgrade" items (*cough hh (hh is only a MAPPING item (ie. kill rares to get buffs... rares dont usually spawn in boss encounters), so here would be a bomb ass +chaos dmg, +life, +%life, +res belt) *cough -- perfect timetwists -- body armor -- lowest boots/gloves) -- **LGOH w/ vitality WATCHERS EYE** -- specific alt qual gems -- awakened GMP .. are expensive));

like I'm playing pathfinder + this and I'm constantly questioning how much better assassin is (especially if I miss a flask rotation)

hmm I think if I challenged oshabi and she got me in the vine fence, I'd die

but if you wanna run through maps to 100... sure, this is funzies
Last edited by dudeitstimetotwerk on Feb 6, 2021, 5:05:47 PM
For people who have trouble bossing, Greater(Divergent) Volley Support makes the tornado target enemy automatically. I feel like keeping my increased duration for bossing is better than changing it for Awakened Inbound.

I use GVS most of the time even for mapping, the target mechanic on it feels better for clearing/bossing but that's just my preference.
Last edited by FiveInchSquirrel on Feb 6, 2021, 5:27:52 PM
"
For people who have trouble bossing, Greater(Divergent) Volley Support makes the tornado target enemy automatically. I feel like keeping my increased duration for bossing is better than changing it for Awakened Inbound.

I use GVS most of the time even for mapping, the target mechanic on it feels better for clearing/bossing but that's just my preference.

Tornado defaultly targets nearby enemies, thats not unique to Greater volley, best bet is to just put Divergent Poison support in place of GMP. Because it does indeed, target the nearby enemies. and if you aren't shotgunning, multiple projectiles wont help bossing, so might as well drop it for another support.

"
Zombiism wrote:

Increased duration for mapping, awakened unbound ailments for bossing, as the person below you said, in the Helmet section as well
"
it's fun, but definitely not a focused boss killer (b/c of the spread out dps and dmg over time poisons), and I feel like you're limited in design trying to push towards maximizing the build (tree layout... mostly reliance on uniques... the "flat upgrade" items (*cough hh (hh is only a MAPPING item (ie. kill rares to get buffs... rares dont usually spawn in boss encounters), so here would be a bomb ass +chaos dmg, +life, +%life, +res belt) *cough -- perfect timetwists -- body armor -- lowest boots/gloves) -- **LGOH w/ vitality WATCHERS EYE** -- specific alt qual gems -- awakened GMP .. are expensive));

like I'm playing pathfinder + this and I'm constantly questioning how much better assassin is (especially if I miss a flask rotation)

hmm I think if I challenged oshabi and she got me in the vine fence, I'd die

but if you wanna run through maps to 100... sure, this is funzies

Oh for sure, I can see that. I'm not looking to boss. I just want to farm maps and stuff and for the last I don't know how many leagues, I just can't seem to find anything interesting to play that doesn't require super stupid crafted gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info