[Brazil] The huge difference between PC/XBOX/PS4 pack/points prices.

"
You asked me to report your post, I did at your request. GGG came, removed what they wanted to and gave you no reply.

Read between the lines bro... Please, just let it go or soon they will remove it themselves is my guess.

I really hope you heed my advice as this doesn't seem like it is going to end is a positive result at the current direction this is headed.

I told you to report my thread, obviously they would remove my offensive post about you [Removed By Support].

These are forum mods, but yea GGG knows about it already, I sent an e-mail and they said they can't talk about it right now, but I'll keep bumping this anyways, you can just ignore it dude [Removed By Support]

Took 3 months for them to reply a critical mtx bug I bought so I wont lose my hope.

Thanks for the bumps btw.
Last edited by RoryF_GGG on Dec 16, 2020, 4:04:11 PM
"
kzl_91 wrote:
Now answer my question and tell me where the prices I quoted is wrong and I'll ask to GGG delete this thread, otherwise keep bumping this, thank you.

I am not saying what you quoted is "wrong."

I am simply explaining why it is the way it is... or is likely to be.

I've rewritten a reply to you several times, with each iteration just getting longer... :)

In short, here's the deal:

Brazil has a history of placing restrictive tariffs on imported electronic and technology products. This is, supposedly, to increase demand for local industries to create these products in Brazil.

This could effect game pricing and, thus, MTX pricing in terms of what historical data that is available to those who are making pricing determinations. That is even true if no such restrictive tariffs now exist in Brazil. (I don't know their status, here.)

There could also be additional issues with pricing products in that payment processors must incur additional transaction costs in Brazil.

Most indie devs rely on pricing structures that are, in part, provided by their distributors in those regions. Valve, Microsoft, Sony, etc, each could offer services and help regarding pricing and distribution concerns in foreign countries. In brief - Developers are paying these distributors for much more than just the privilege of listing their product on these platforms. Platforms "compete" for developers using such helpful services. Developers can not possibly know what the costs and pricing structure is for their class of products in every nation in the world, but distributors who specialize in "world wide distribution of such products do know these things... or they suck at being "world-wide."

All of these things, and more, could come to bear on the final cost to you as a consumer for any particular electronic/tech product.

PS: Traditional distribution and compliance laws are a heck of a lot more understandable than all the possible things involved in e-distribution in import/export terms. Frankly, it's so crazy I think most countries, distributors, and developers just... don't deal with it or don't do so effectively. The notion of not having to deal with a foreign government in some way, even if it's five steps removed, from transactions with foreign citizens is... mind-boggling to me. But, rest assured - Somewhere, someone is working very hard to ensure that any nation's import/export laws and restrictions are being obeyed. Otherwise... war. So, yes, the costs of compliance can be a very costly issue effecting the final "price."

PS: You can continue to bump this thread if you wish. That does not mean that GGG has any power to affect a change in pricing, though. IF they do, I wouldn't know. If they don't, I wouldn't know that for sure, either. However, if you think they're completely in control of all pricing schemes and distribution requirements no matter what country the product is being sold within... You'd have to be "wrong." The world would not make sense, otherwise.
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
kzl_91 wrote:
Now answer my question and tell me where the prices I quoted is wrong and I'll ask to GGG delete this thread, otherwise keep bumping this, thank you.

I am not saying what you quoted is "wrong."

I am simply explaining why it is the way it is... or is likely to be.

I've rewritten a reply to you several times, with each iteration just getting longer... :)

In short, here's the deal:

Brazil has a history of placing restrictive tariffs on imported electronic and technology products. This is, supposedly, to increase demand for local industries to create these products in Brazil.

This could effect game pricing and, thus, MTX pricing in terms of what historical data that is available to those who are making pricing determinations. That is even true if no such restrictive tariffs now exist in Brazil. (I don't know their status, here.)

There could also be additional issues with pricing products in that payment processors must incur additional transaction costs in Brazil.

Most indie devs rely on pricing structures that are, in part, provided by their distributors in those regions. Valve, Microsoft, Sony, etc, each could offer services and help regarding pricing and distribution concerns in foreign countries. In brief - Developers are paying these distributors for much more than just the privilege of listing their product on these platforms. Platforms "compete" for developers using such helpful services. Developers can not possibly know what the costs and pricing structure is for their class of products in every nation in the world, but distributors who specialize in "world wide distribution of such products do know these things... or they suck at being "world-wide."

All of these things, and more, could come to bear on the final cost to you as a consumer for any particular electronic/tech product.

PS: Traditional distribution and compliance laws are a heck of a lot more understandable than all the possible things involved in e-distribution in import/export terms. Frankly, it's so crazy I think most countries, distributors, and developers just... don't deal with it or don't do so effectively. The notion of not having to deal with a foreign government in some way, even if it's five steps removed, from transactions with foreign citizens is... mind-boggling to me. But, rest assured - Somewhere, someone is working very hard to ensure that any nation's import/export laws and restrictions are being obeyed. Otherwise... war. So, yes, the costs of compliance can be a very costly issue effecting the final "price."

PS: You can continue to bump this thread if you wish. That does not mean that GGG has any power to affect a change in pricing, though. IF they do, I wouldn't know. If they don't, I wouldn't know that for sure, either. However, if you think they're completely in control of all pricing schemes and distribution requirements no matter what country the product is being sold within... You'd have to be "wrong." The world would not make sense, otherwise.

First of all I'm sorry if I sounded like an asshole before, that annoying guy made me lost it, but I see you're just trying to help here so thanks for that.

My english is shit so I wont make a long post about it. I'll list some games and their prices on both platforms instead, ignoring the holyday sales.

XBOX / PS4 (BRL):

FIFA 21: 299,00 / 298,90
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: 279,95 / 279,90
NBA 2K21: 249,90 / 249,90
Black OPS Cold War: 209,92 / 209,93
PES 21: 179,90 / 179,90
Red Dead Redemption 2 Online: 111,99 / 111,90
Apex Legends Champion Bundle: 199,00 / 199,00
Fortnite Last Laugh Bundle: 99,00 / 99,00
Path of Exile Basilisk Pack: 222,45 / 319,90

As I said before Sony might have something to do with this, but can you imagine GGG changing prices on PC without an explanation or notification? I know console player base is small but just ignore us like that? I expect that from Blizzard, not from them.

I'll be moving to PC after POE 2, so don't worry, this thread will die eventualy.
"
kzl_91 wrote:

My english is shit so I wont make a long post about it. I'll list some games and their prices on both platforms instead, ignoring the holyday sales.

There is no need to apologize for being able to effectively communicate in a language other than your native tongue... You're doing fine. There's no darn way I could possibly learn Brazilian Portuguese, much less make myself understood. :)

Just a thought, but have you emailed GGG and respectfully requested an explanation for their pricing structure for Brazilian console players? (Sorry if I forgot whether or not you mentioned this, earlier.)
Man came here trying to find some input on this issue. Other countries that had this problem were fixed and prices kept at the same values between platforms.

But for us in Brazil is crazy now.
GGG is just pricing double (2x) between PC and Ps4.

I guess one more reason to abandon the console version of the game. Too bad you loose all MTX stuff.

This game is too unfriendly/underpowering to customers.
I'm here to speak up as well! It's just an absurd reality that the prices are DOUBLED. I was about to buy a suporter pack for the upcoming league since I want to have some extra utility tabs, however, after finding out about this discrepancy, I'm not buying anymore!

I do hope GGG takes care of this asap
An official answer about the difference in values ​​would be interesting, as a consumer we have the right to know exactly what we are paying. In Brazil, this is provided by law "art. 6 of the CDC".
And if someone reading this and is thinking "You don't have to buy anything" That same article says that freedom of choice is a guaranteed right.
I've been thinking about moving from PC to PS4 (since I don't have a gaming computer anymore), but with these prices and the way you rely on having tons of stash tabs to be able to play, I'll think twice.

Adjust these prices so they're actually closer to the PC ones and I'll gladly spend money on this game. But paying double the ammount is just ridiculous. It's not like Sony takes THAT MUCH more from those sales, when compared to Steam.
They're just following the market. Ps4 games was always more expensive, censored (mods, for example) but the hd is much cheaper than a pc gamer.

Is the bulk price of dollar (hope it lower with a communist as a president), same price as a base AAA new release.
(Ghost of tsushima costs $350)

Medium wages: USA U$3,3K; Brazil R$2,2K (U$412) according to Google.

The equivalent would be GGG charging ~U$480 for the pack.
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
Comigo foi o mesmo, fui buscar alguma suport pack para comprar e me deparo com esses preços super faturados. Infelizmente não farei nenhuma comprar ate ajeitarem os preços de um forma que fique justo, esse valor atualmente é o dobro das outras plataformas!è muito desanimador.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info