Self-Cast Discharge 80r AoE 26mil dmg

Looks good but the title mentions 80 Radius and 26 Million damage, it's one or the other. Also, it feels like every damage buff is picked on PoB and you have good gear. Might be worth making it a bit more achievable.
@ZachOK thanks for reply.

I didn't say anywhere you can have both, my guide assumes that people understand already the game to that extent that in order to get most dmg from AoE skill means usually gem swap if you want have best possible AoE for mapping. I also mentioned that in the sections.

When it comes to PoB I usually check buffs that are reliable, and it is this time exactly, and that's the whole point of single PoB link to showcase maximum reliable potential of my current character.

The buffs I have selected for Sirus fight are:
Spoiler

• Do you use power charges? Yes.
  • Do you use endurance charges? Yes.
  • Have you cirt recently? Yes.
  • Have you chilled enemy recently? Yes, crits with cold dmg are guaranteed to chill enemies, which is explained already in the guide (HoI, BV), and you also apply chill with Frozen Shield.
  • Have you ignited enemy recently? Yes, same as above with fire dmg that comes from ECs.
  • Have you shocked enemy recently? Yes, same as above with light dmg that comes from PCs.
  • Is the enemy ignited? Yes, see above.
  • Is the enemy chilled? Yes, see above.
  • Is the enemy shocked (15%)? Yes, see above. I assumed 15%, you can lower it, or even disable it but with that big hits it should be even more.
  • Enemy was hit by cold dmg? Obviously yes, BV that applies EE, already explained in the guide.
  • Lightning/Fire exposure (WoC) We apply lightning exposure easily (or fire if we dont get lucky), with WoC cast, which also apply curse(s, if you can have two as already explained in the guide). You can cast it multiple times, as you wish.

These are reliable buffs, with all due respect nothing special there that you could only get in some special circumstances.

Please also bear in mind my pob does not use any dmg flask (except for diamond to get lucky crits), which you can obviously use instead of my setup, like already mentioned in the guide. You can additionally use boots enchant that grants you another 10% elemental persistance if you haven't killed recently, which is also 100% up for Sirus fight. There are other things in the gear as well that you can still improve and reach 30mil dmg anyway. And lastly, you can swap Second Wind which grants absolutely NO dmg in PoB, to other support that gives you more dmg there. However SW is still better as I already explained in the guide, that actually almost double your dmg, so it is much more than 25mil effective dmg, even with AIAoE instead of CE gem.

I'm probably not going to create different variations of PoB setups, with different gear etc. I think it just does not make sense and it is a waste of effort. The one provided is already enough as a get-go. However, if there would be like a huge demand and interest in it I can consider it, which I highly doubt anyway ;)
Last edited by ojejku on Oct 16, 2020, 1:06:31 AM
"
ZachOK wrote:
Looks good but the title mentions 80 Radius and 26 Million damage, it's one or the other. Also, it feels like every damage buff is picked on PoB and you have good gear. Might be worth making it a bit more achievable.

Well he did warn this is a min-maxed version of what he is working on. And just by looking at the overall gear this is by no mean to be a "league starter." Aside from the rings which can go for 30+ex each, everything else is pretty easily obtainable over a couple days of farming.

+1 PC Helm - around 2ex( 120~c) and go higher if you want stuff like minus ele/lightning res, but the +1 PC is enough to get started.

Atziri's Acuity - 1.5ex (100~c)

x2 Void Battery - 40-50c each atm and are steadily dropping.

Militant Faith - 30c for crappy suffixs' or 100c for elemental damage

Large(8) and Medium Clusters(5) - 25c-30c for a 2 node large Cluster with Prismatic Heart and Sadist. 25c each for 2 medium Magnifier + Towering Threat.

Voll's Devotion - 20c

Inya's Epiphany - 3c

Soul Tether - 1c

Jewels to fill out resist - 5c-10c each with 1 of either lightning/cold/fire crit multi + %Life + resist

These items are probably the core of the build and will get you started and where you need to go. Then you can add on QoL like Explodey chest, Anomalous/ Awakened Gems and lastly the +1 PC rings. But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. The more you invest, the more smoother the build will be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, Killing Drox before he can phase is absolutely hilarious and I don't even have the rings yet. The build is absolutely worth the investment and I'm having so much fun thank you for the guide.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/asWJfAEu

edit: Im on the board
Last edited by imrawn on Oct 15, 2020, 6:50:52 PM
This looks excellent! I think I'll try this next league if they don't nerf assassin or discharge.
@imrwan Thanks for pricing the items! Gz on the ring! and most importantly I'm gald you're having fun with it as I am!

As you already said I would say, the gear price is moderate, if not actually quite low for such a great experience, except for the rings of course and maybe, just maybe the helmet. Just a reminder, that if you guys are trying to min-max, then literally any existing build gets really expensive, that's how it works, not only if you're trying to otpimize your character in arpg games, it's literally like that in any aspect of your real life. Optimization cost is expotential ( O(n^M) ) the further you trying to push it, take a look in F1 for example, each -0.1s they pull off costs millions of $, ask same question to any software engineers, including GGG staff, you'll get same answer for software optimizations. It does not mean you have to literally optimize and get perfect possible item in every slot.

I actually was playing without the rings for quite a lot of time and was still having a blast in all content. They add substantial dmg (plus IAoE) of course as said in guide and from my perspective it is actually good to have something to chase for the build and set some long term goals to strive for! At least this is always my type of mindset and keeps me interesting in game/current build I'm trying to figure out. If I could get all the gear like really quickly, without any effort, hitting the ceiling with no room for improvement, I would probably not try it at all or go SSF completely, as I used to do in the past. Having that said, my gear has still room for improvement, and I'm quite happy about that fact, since I still have some goals, except for sharing my experience and findings here. Cheers!

@DiabloImmoral
Assasin was already nerfed, I wouldn't expect further nerfs. Discharge is such a niche, needs quite a bit of investment, I also wouldn't expect nerfs in that area, but who knows, history learnt that we should prepare for the best, expect the worst! Having that said, my approach is always to try something new each time and I learnt that if I find sth interesting I try it immediately, since future is unknown, in other words seize the day and set it on fire ;) If there's nothing new interesting to explore I'll probably skip the whole thing, like a league for example, but this is just my approach, it does not have to be everybody's approach.
Last edited by ojejku on Oct 17, 2020, 2:21:52 PM
Added T16 100% Delirium video and T16 Blight.
Last edited by ojejku on Oct 17, 2020, 2:05:27 PM
Man i'm so glad that i found your guide.

Decided to play some good old CoC Discharge, and dmg was nowhere near to even kill t15 boss.
So i respecced a little bit(need to fully respecc to your skilltree) , bought a pair of atziris (man this thing is broken af, this regen even without Soul Tether is op) and killed Chimera at lvl 81 deathless :D (without single cluster jewel btw)

My man, you saved my faith in discharge!

Need to grab 21/20 discharge and other gems, and start to craft +1 pc/- lightning res helm/rings/re-annoint Voll's/chest maybe, and i'm need to get used to bv/WoC rotation.
Thank you so much man!
My geat atm

Btw i'm having some mana issues, sometime i'm just run out of mana so i run around like a headless chicken lmao. Any solution?
Cheers!
Last edited by AphexWoot on Oct 24, 2020, 11:03:35 AM
Glad you like it sir!
@ojejku

Thanks for sharing and glad to see the build in action. I've been theorycrafting a version myself but trying to build it a bit more tanky/1-button friendly and minimize the amount of map mods it can't do.

A few questions:
1) Can you talk a bit about how the life leech/Vaal pact combo feels?
2) Is it reflect immune? Could it be with Ambush/Assassinate instead of Deadly Infusion?
3) Seems like it has an extremely high damage ceiling with some chase items like badge of the brotherhood.
@bahamut458
1) I think that is obvious question and clear to anyone for several years already that vaal pact leech with overleech mechanic is awesome. There were times it was better, with insta leech and overleech that was not timed out and would last forever, but it is still one of the best defense mechanics in the game.
2) It's not ele reflect immune, you will most likely kill yourself if you won't get crit, the crit is guaranteed if you're in the frozen shield but outside you can still get non-crit hit every now and then.
3) The alternative with badge of the brotherhood is a different playstyle and imho it's not worth the price and sacrifices. You would need to use farrul's fur, otherwise 10% chance to gain frenzy charge on hit (rare chest affix) will be lackluster. You would also use unleash with that setup instead of 2nd wind. You will then miss affixes you can craft on chest like exploding etc. Moreover, discharge has 2 second cooldown, you can't bypass it, so even with farrul's fur when cat's stealth is active you can't nuke more than once every 2 seconds. There are other things you need to trade off with badge & farrul's fur setup. Please also remember that giving up on frenzy charges allow you to use timeless jewel that grants 3% more dmg for each power charge you have up.

Since I got quite bored with the league already, I'm now trying out a slightly different setup to my original one. Namely, I swapped my helmet enchant with 30% chance not to consume charges (with a +5 radius tradeoff) + divergent discharge gem (10% chance not to consume charges) that in total gives me 40% chance to avoid to consume charges. With that setup I swapped 2nd wind for awakened unleash gem and changed my anoint to Thunderous Salvos for additional seal. It's just for fun to test something new, but it has the same drawbacks of different playstle as it would be with badge & farrul's fur, where with 2nd wind support it's more dynamic and you can discharge multiple times on demand, not to always wait 2 seconds like you do with unleash.
Last edited by ojejku on Oct 27, 2020, 12:40:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info