[3.12] Aura stacking Guardian on a budget

"
Bazyleo wrote:
Any tips how to improve this character? Got 40ex to upgrade..
My pob: https://pastebin.com/2p4n13Ny

Are you planning to stick to Arc? or you want to change your main skill to EK or Spark?
"
askaal wrote:
"
Bazyleo wrote:

Are you planning to stick to Arc? or you want to change your main skill to EK or Spark?

I tried out spark and it was too weird for me and I wanted to go for EK, but my friend told me to go for Arc stacking, cuz at least with that skill, it can clear T16s, but even with Arc, it's not the fastest. I was planning to go for t16 full delirious maps but I can't really see that..
"
Bazyleo wrote:
"
askaal wrote:
"
Bazyleo wrote:

I tried out spark and it was too weird for me and I wanted to go for EK, but my friend told me to go for Arc stacking, cuz at least with that skill, it can clear T16s, but even with Arc, it's not the fastest. I was planning to go for t16 full delirious maps but I can't really see that..

You are actually very close to Delirium farming
Arc is better for a single target which build is struggle on low investment

For you, I think it is time to transition to EK
Use my Latest POB as a reference

You'll need to have Watcher's Eye with Phys to Lightning conversion
Ring of Blades with RMR and up to your personal preferences you can use Poacher's Aim with RMR or not, it's up to you

Change support gems accordingly

If you cannot get a shield with Discipline corruption - ditch one of the heralds in favour of discipline

Ditch your Voices, it gives you nothing good
Get 3 large jewels and 6 medium jewels

Medium Jewels are very important, more Aura effectiveness you can get on those - better it is

Ditch your Vise Oak, it's rather useless

Replace HH with Crystal Belt with Strenght, ES and whatever else you can get

If you have any doubts or need exact POB to follow - with priorities and so on - i can give it to you, but only tomorrow
on Pob it shows that your phys reduction is around 60% is that true in game ? or Pob is not counting it correctly?
"
emphsz wrote:
on Pob it shows that your phys reduction is around 60% is that true in game ? or Pob is not counting it correctly?

Assuming you are referring to my latest POB

I'm running 12 permanent auras and my current aura effectiveness should be 283% if I'm not mistaken, so my Phys damage reduction from Unwavering Faith is 3% per aura

12*3 = 36% Phys damage reduction
I can use smite + 2 Vaal auras in critical situations
which will give me 3*3 = 9% additionally, which brings me to 45%

It is enough for me, but if you want to push this further - adding 17% Aura effect should bring me to a new breakpoint, so each aura will be giving 4%
so it will be 48% + 12%

I could replace HoT with Flesh and Stone, to have 1 more permanent aura (3-4% reduction depend on aura effectiveness, and more evade)

Or I could replace HoT with Divergent Determination, this should give a lot of Armor(even though I don't value armor in this game much, according to POB, it should bump your armor to about 20K, which is quite a lot) and + 1 permanent aura
But this will require more RMR jewels to fit

Last edited by askaal on Oct 22, 2020, 9:49:39 AM
Hello! Been reading the whole thread, and it seems like you have a lot of experience with this build. I have about 35ex saved and an awakened muktistrike, which I'm willing to sell to make this build. With that amount of currency, which items would you recommend me to get first? Also, what are your thoughts on low life with Shavs VS Saquals CI? Great guide btw, helped me choose my next build.
Do i really need to have "added small passive skills 25% increased effect" on all cluster jewels or it is not that essential?
Last edited by emphsz on Oct 22, 2020, 2:48:02 PM
"
Holzleist wrote:
Hello! Been reading the whole thread, and it seems like you have a lot of experience with this build. I have about 35ex saved and an awakened muktistrike, which I'm willing to sell to make this build. With that amount of currency, which items would you recommend me to get first? Also, what are your thoughts on low life with Shavs VS Saquals CI? Great guide btw, helped me choose my next build.

Thanks, glad to help)
I'm playing this build first time this league, but it seems to be quite straightforward, to be honest

I think that LL guardian is better on a lower budget, and CI Scion is better on a higher budget
You can definitely build Saquals CI as a guardian, and I've prepared POB for some guy here recently, but that is pure theory, I haven't tried it myself

The economy is quite fcked up right now, so it's hard to say something for sure, but I believe that with 150+Ex budget you have, you can get the exact gear I have in my latest POB, except HH

If you don't like EK - you can opt for spark instead, should be 20Ex cheaper, since you won't need Watcher's Eye

Let me know what exactly you want to play with, so I can help you with priorities

Also, which skill would be more optimized to farm 80%+ delirious maps?
"
emphsz wrote:
Do i really need to have "added small passive skills 25% increased effect" on all cluster jewels or it is not that essential?

Aura effectiveness is your main stat, so the more you have it the better it is
I would way you first focus on having jewels that help you to fit all auras, and then replace them with those that have both 25% increased and something valuable (RMR nodes, FIrst Among the Equals etc)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info