[DEAD] 20M Sirus DPS Replica Iron Commander Shrapnel Ballista Hiero [18 totems] [2200 strength]

"
ExponentMach wrote:
Just spent approximately 5 hours yesterday researching youtube, reddit, forum and poe ninja for the best versions of shrapnel ballista, spent close to another 5h and 50ex on gear, gems and jewels and crafting the jewellery with essences of rage (had to buy them 1 at a time cos no one had bulk) and guess what? BEFORE i even start to LEVEL my char, the build gets nerfed into oblivion while I am at work. Bought Awakened fork for 12ex and now they are 5ex. Wp GGG. Guess Im done with the league.

Anyone wants any of these stuff? Im out.

Wow mate, damn that hurt to read. I started also yesterday lvling the char. Didnt have the currency to buy stuff so didn't pick up stuff.
But man i would prob end league also, but fuck it you could play it anyway. You have all gear!
I feel you bro. Also got the woke fork gem as I was afraid that it would have risen rapidly if the build had become popular. At least strength stacking gears are still popular with the replica boots so it's not wasteful.

I have seen similar fork bug in the case of Barrage Champ build a few leagues ago which were spared for 2 leagues, so I was taken aback by GGG's action.

The lesson is clear: as long as any video or reddit post is made and gains traction, GGG will fix/nerf the mechanics as fast as possible.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 12, 2020, 3:22:26 AM
"
wiwigvn wrote:
I feel you bro. Also got the woke fork gem as I was afraid that it would have risen rapidly if the build had become popular. At least strength stacking gears are still popular with the replica boots so it's not wasteful.

I have seen similar fork bug in the case of Barrage Champ build a few leagues ago which were spared for 2 leagues, so I was taken aback by GGG's action.

The lesson is clear: as long as any video or reddit post is made and gains traction, GGG will fix/nerf the mechanics as fast as possible.

All-around broken builds like Aura stackers are still busted and instead of nerfing them, they get buffed this league with the introduction of alt quality purities and vitality to give them Ele pen and inc damage which get scaled immensely by aura effect.

Meanwhile this niche build which only excels at bossing (cos let’s be real, mapping with ballistas feel like ass with how they drop at your feet and esp shrapnel’s tiny enemy acquisition range) gets obliterated the moment it gains traction. For the record, GGG devs have been aware of this since 21 Sep and they did nothing until guides and videos of this blew up.

Also, instead of fixing league content (my league starter is Lv 98 and I am still at 9/15 for the heist questline cod the green contracts don’t drop for me), they just kill what little fun I had left in playing new builds, prioritising fixing stuff like this and talismans not having annoints.
Last edited by ExponentMach on Oct 12, 2020, 3:34:58 AM
Ill keep the build around and see where this goes. Can you keep the build-up to date after the notes
I get everyone is rightfully pissed off. I'm already considering hoping to salvage this build by trying to go for a crit variant of it, it'll equate to less strength meaning less totems and initial chaos damage, but it's possible to at least get a decent enough crit/crit multi to make up for lost damage to that and the Fork nerf.

Though, the naive optimist in me thinks GGG won't fully gut fork's interaction with Shrapnel and shotgunning.
"
reciprocate wrote:

Though, the naive optimist in me thinks GGG won't fully gut fork's interaction with Shrapnel and shotgunning.

Yep, let's cross fingers, for them to mess it up ! :)
"
NasusPodInta wrote:
Shit is crazy. They said in fucking Delirium they WONT nerf any build in the middle of league. They said it after they announced herald stack nerfs.
And they do what now? And please don't say it's just bugfix. Even tho, They should wait for the end of the league with this.

People spend theirs money and now what? Obviously I still have time to sell stuff while prices are still 'fine', but still.. How can I trust them about others builds? Ofc nerf it, and let aura stacker live and destroy fucking economy. Aura stacker is one of the 1% build who is able to do fkin 100% delirium, let's nerf ballista. Sorry, I just had to say some things and I don't have reddit to do so.
I will wait with my gear for patch, it they killed totally this build i'm out. Not gonna support these bastards for ruining ppl fun.

It not a nerf unfortunately, fork is never intended to hit the original target
IGN = JBW
So messing around in PoB and for some reason putting Barrage support on for the 6L for Shrapnel Ballista despite lowering it's average damage inflates it's total DPS value by a ton.

Can anyone explain why that's the case? Or is it just all those extra projectiles are worth it despite the 62% less damage multiplier a level 20 barrage support brings regardless.
"
reciprocate wrote:
So messing around in PoB and for some reason putting Barrage support on for the 6L for Shrapnel Ballista despite lowering it's average damage inflates it's total DPS value by a ton.

Can anyone explain why that's the case? Or is it just all those extra projectiles are worth it despite the 62% less damage multiplier a level 20 barrage support brings regardless.

PoB counts your GMP/Arrow Nova hits as from 1 arrow depsite you fired 7-8. Barrage support hits however is considered as from all arrows. In other skill's case that would be actually a dps boost, but in shrapnel ballista where GMP can shotgun, it is not.
Right, just fire.
"
ExponentMach wrote:
Just spent approximately 5 hours yesterday researching youtube, reddit, forum and poe ninja for the best versions of shrapnel ballista, spent close to another 5h and 50ex on gear, gems and jewels and crafting the jewellery with essences of rage (had to buy them 1 at a time cos no one had bulk) and guess what? BEFORE i even start to LEVEL my char, the build gets nerfed into oblivion while I am at work. Bought Awakened fork for 12ex and now they are 5ex. Wp GGG. Guess Im done with the league.

Anyone wants any of these stuff? Im out.

That hurts to hear bro :(

If you are really giving up i want to have your Crown of eyes if possible

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info