[3.14] CoC Ice Nova Build | Assassin | Ultimatum | Path of Exile 3.14

"
I don't get how you are able to survive. Constantly getting one-shotted in red maps. Leeching feels bad.

this is how i feel; was looking @ posts to see if anyone mentions this. just dont see how this build can get passed yellow maps
"
Rumduck wrote:
"
I don't get how you are able to survive. Constantly getting one-shotted in red maps. Leeching feels bad.

this is how i feel; was looking @ posts to see if anyone mentions this. just dont see how this build can get passed yellow maps

well you have to spend a lot of currency to get it going. I have spent like 40 exalts on it and it is finally starting to get good. Best way to get some def is to stack int and es. I will leave my PoB here if you want to take a look. (flasks help a lot with survivability aswell)

https://pastebin.com/CqffhDRV
"
S0zil5 wrote:
"
Rumduck wrote:
"

well you have to spend a lot of currency to get it going. I have spent like 40 exalts on it and it is finally starting to get good. Best way to get some def is to stack int and es. I will leave my PoB here if you want to take a look. (flasks help a lot with survivability aswell)

https://pastebin.com/CqffhDRV

ty sir
Last edited by Rumduck on Jan 29, 2021, 9:20:08 PM
I've been playing this build and it is indeed squishy, but definitely can handle A9 T14-16 maps. I don't think it would be a good boss killer, so my advice is mostly around speed farming of high-level maps. Here are a few things that you may be overlooking that make a world of a difference:

- as someone else said, get more ES. You can get 8% ES and recovery on hit on jewels, so that's handy. I also opted to not take Depth Perception on the tree, putting more points into ES nodes instead.

- get your pantheon bonuses set up; degens are the bane of ES builds, and Arakaali/Abberath will help you mitigate some of that

- drop Ambush and Assassinate and pick up Mistwalker instead. Elusive is a nice extra layer of defense, and the movement speed makes the build a lot more enjoyable to play (it also helps go from pack to pack quickly so you're always hitting enemy and always leeching). Yes you will lose some damage, but even without that this build completely shreds map bosses

- get a corrupted blood immune jewel; again, the degens will instagib you without one

- if you can, get an item that grants Aspect of the Spider. I got mine on boots. It slows down enemies around you and causes them to take more damage, so a good aura overall

- drop the Sulphur Flask adn get a defensive one instead (I went with quartz)

- drop Vaal Righteous Fire and get Vaal Grace instead. It's another emergency button that will give you a ton of dodge chance on tight situations, and along with Vaal Discipline should make you survive some really sketchy moments. Vaal RF gives you a lot of damage, but again this build already has enough of that (not to mention the initial ES cost to activate Vaal RF makes it really dangerous to use in squishy builds)

- I opted to drop Dash and use Flame Dash instead. Dash feels better but I think it's currently bugged and will cause you to still take damage if you dash through things like beams. As an added bonus, you will also be able to drop Second Wind and gain a free gem slot for something else

- Try to balance your resistances so that Wise Oak causes you to take less damage for all elements

- You will STILL die in this build; it is squishy and the idea is killing everything fast enough that they don't have a chance to kill you. If you don't like it, I think a hybrid life/ES version with Soul Tether and a Doryani timeless jewel would be a lot tankier at the expense of damage. You'll need to get life gear though so that makes the transition a bit awkward

- If you're ready to embrace the occasional death here and there and switch to Flame Dash, you can also drop the Vaal Grace and set up a Cast on Death / Portal. It'll save you a lot of running back :)

Hope that helped!
Just got double corruption on

Was aiming for +2 aura got reduced damage form crit aswell. Was I very lucky and it's best combination for this build?
Hello, would I be able to use Ice spear instead of ice nova?
How much does it cost to get this build up and running? I'm really considering it a im getting bored with my current build
is it possible to flex the build into a lightning type with mjolner ?
Hello,

I am not familiar with PoB but can you check and help me improve this toon.

I can clear T16 but i feel crit and def are low

https://pastebin.com/6qcLw5Ex

Thank you
IGN:Witchofall
ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info