PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.15]❄️Ice Shot Deadeye | Shatter everything | League Starter | UElder down ❄️

UPDATE 3.15 Updated the POB for 3.15

Videos
Spoiler

ZOOMING Through A7 Sirus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkbP99rw3Z0
ZOOMING Through Minotaur https://youtu.be/7SWqS3tzCSQ
https://youtu.be/Io5lZ_OB2l0 Phoenix T16
https://youtu.be/0FVK7rhNu3A Minotaur T16
https://youtu.be/kdlPHlqC4BE 3 sec Crusader kill
https://youtu.be/DGM6Y3b9n4k Hunter Guardian A7
https://youtu.be/90suu3-XjhI Shaper absolutely annihilated
https://youtu.be/hwlYPbJXFmI Elder with HH AGAIN
https://youtu.be/yqnYe18spKk Pit of the Chimera T16

These vids are with somewhat budget/old gear keep that in mind, build is much stronger since these vids were uploaded
Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/adonpoe
Changelog
Spoiler
Added two new vids, t16 phoenix and minotaur. 10/9/2020
Updated Jewels section and POB 10/6/2020

Pros and cons

+ Insane clear
+ Good single target damage with investments
+ Turbo fast movement speed
+ Cheap to start
+ Can do Phys reflect since we are converting 100% with ice shot

± Neutral
-I would avoid "Enemies have 70% to avoid Elemental Ailments, it halves our damage and herald of ice doesnt work.
-Cant use Barrage for single target on PHYS reflect maps.

- Expensive to gear up and min-max
- A bit squishy if not fully geared
- Cannot do elemental reflect maps
- No leech maps

Mechanics
Spoiler

-Try to never have "Arrow's pierce enemies" as an implicit on your quiver, its really bad, it ruins our chains and our AOE.

-Barrage starts with 5 arrows and scales very good when you reach around 9-10, meaning 300k-400k DPS (give or take) with a single arrow, so multiply this number with the amount of arrows you have, thats your damage.

-Frost Bomb is kinda obvious, we only need it for the -25 cold exposure

-Snipers mark very good for sustaining long boss fights (fills up your life flask per hit)and it also gives a HUGE dps boost and AOE

-If u have Ele Weakness on ur gloves and you want to use snipers mark also, you can allocate Whispers of Doom so you can you both.

(Change Barrage quality to Divergent)
Path of Building
Spoiler
Only works with POB Community Fork
https://pastebin.com/PZyX9E8E

Bandits
Spoiler
Help Alira at the start, you can later spec into +2 with clusters etc.

Pantheon
Spoiler
-Lunaris for Major, it gives movement speed, phys reduction and +5% chance to dodge attacks/spells
-Garukhan for minor,gives us +5 chance to evade attacks and movement speed

Ascendancy
Spoiler

1.Ricochet.
2.Enless Munitions.
3.Gathering Winds.
4.Wind Ward

Gear
Spoiler

Note that some of this gear might not be used on POB, you can obviously still use them but i always test stuff.

Currently using multimod bow, super late game bow, i dont suggest you try to craft it yet, it can get really expensive.

Both Death's Opus and Chin Sol,are really good on their own way, Death's Opus give's us +2 arrows and more crit multi, while chin sol gives us more flat/overall dps,so id say get chin sol if you have dying sun.

Griped gloves with life-resist, try to get Increased damage against chilled enemies, kinda expensive to find with good life roll and resistances.

Also Hands of the high templar rly good choice, huge dps with +1 frenzy and curse enemies with eleweakness.

Always go for stygian vise with ele dmg, good life roll and resistances, HH is just a little extra to get to 900k movement speed

Rare helmet with +1 Barrage Arrow, really important for extra dps,if u have the currency try to craft -9 cold res.
You also need INT (MUST), good life roll and resistances, always craft it your self.

Fractal thoughts is also a really good choice and huge DPS boost. (NOTE that you'd probably need INT from somewhere else)

For armor im using Farrul's Fur, probably the best armor in the game, if not, one of the best for sure, free aspect of the cat, and instant max frenzy/power charges.

But Since its really expensive you can always go for Hyrri's Ire

For rings you should run Mark of the elder with a good DPS shaper influenced rare ring, any sort of dps helps, try to get a good implicit ( two-stone )

Tamings are really bad imo, you should never run them, besides the fact that they give 0 hp what so ever, mark of the elder and a good DPS rare ring outdamages double taming

Im using voidfletcher since it gives very good single target dmg cause of the void shots, the other stats are nice to. Try to get Phys converted to cold implicit, if its expensive just try to get anything else besides pierce.

For a more budget option on quiver you could go Hyrris Denise or Hyrris Bite even.

A rare quiver with +1 isnt bad for league starting, but no matter the mods its not gonna out dps the voidfletcher.

Try to get attack speed enhance boots and ELUSIVE for defense layer and extra MS, and then craft the rest of the mods your self, good life roll and some resistances shouldn't be TOO hard to craft.You also need to craft Onslaught With movement speed, huge dps boost, (by 300k according to pob).
Tier 3 craft isnt mandatory but the 20 MS improves quality of life

Good DPS Amulet with dmg per frenzy, resistances arent really needed here, just try to get as much dps as possible

Notice that a rare amulet like this one costs a lot

The Pandemonius is a very good choice also, provides cold pen,blind and cold dmg, way more dps than a rare amulet.

Jewels
Spoiler

You want to get Lioneyes ASAP, its probably the most important piece of equipment for this build.

A flat cold damage watcher's eye is also really nice,it gives us a lot of dps and its rly not that expensive (2-3 ex give or take).

Get thread of hope MEDIUM ring to allocate Disciple of the Slaughter and Disciple of the Unyielding, gives us about 1.5m dps and some defense layer

Cluster jewel with Cold Conduction and Stormrider, gives us about 2mil dps, since we are shocking with cold dmg, super strong cluster jewel.

Flasks
The ones that im currently using are

Dying sun is a MUST, cinderswallow not rly, if you dont have the currency for it or dying sun, just get a normal onslaught flask and quartz flask.Get normal diamond flask instead of bottled faith,it should be the last item u buy.
You can replace quicksilver for atziris for more dps.

Annoint
Spoiler
No witnesses,Throatseeker or Heart of Ice
Heart of Ice provides a bit more DPS than throatseeker.
Im currently using Whispers of Doom since i got 2 Curses

Leveling
Spoiler

Act 1: Try to get the following gems, will rly help with clearing
Ice Shot-Added Cold-LMP-Onslaught-Mirage archer
- Ice shot
- Added Cold Damage Support
- Shrapnel Ballista
- Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support
- Onslaught Support
- Mirage Archer
- Smoke Mine
- Precision
- Barrage
Act 2: You want to get
Increased ele dmg with attacks and Herald of ice, huge dps boost.
Act 3:
-Hatred
Act 4:
-Summon Ice Golem and GMP
Act 6:
-Inspiration Support

While leveling your links should look like these
Ice shot - LMP(Swap to GMP at lvl 38) - onslaught - Ice Bite
(For single target)Barrage - Elemental damage with attacks - added cold - hypothermia/ cold pen
(Misc,not needed but it helps) Shrapnel Ballista - LMP - Culling strike - faster attacks

Gem links
Spoiler

-Clear
Ice Shot-Damage on full life-Added cold damage-Elemental damage with attacks-Chain support-Hypothermia

*NOTE* Youre probably gonna need to have around 20-15+ strength somewhere for your dmg on full life support to reach lvl 20

-Single target
Barrage-Inspiration- Added cold damage-Elemental damage with attacks-Cold Penetration-Damage on Full Life
4L Movement
Second Wind-Dash-Frost bomb-Sniper's mark (Swap Sniper's Mark with Vaal Grace if you have Curse enemies with Ele Weakness.

2-2L CWDT
CWTD-Immortal Call (Level 1)-Increased Duration Summon Ice golem

4L Auras
Enlighten lvl 3 -Hatred- Herald of Ice-Divergent Precision ( you can use normal precision i just like the +10% increased dmg)

League Start
Spoiler
Try to get 5L Death's Opu's and a Hyrri's Ire and try 5linking it your self, it shouldnt take more than 40-50 fusings. For the rest of the items just get good life roll and resistances rings, some crit multi on amulet and Fractal thoughts for helmet, which is relatively cheap (1c).These should be enough to get you going.

Leveling Gear
Spoiler

FAQS
Spoiler
Too expensive-
If you have a problem with buying items cause of currency let me know in the comments so i can help you.
Last edited by AdonFPS on Aug 25, 2021, 11:23:08 AM
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2022, 11:25:42 PM
Thx for the guide! seems really solid.
However I'm wondering if you can play the build as a league atarter?
since I have literally no currency and considering rerolling.
Also what item should I aim for first in the beginning?
Last edited by Zeriob on Sep 29, 2020, 11:31:32 AM
"
Zeriob wrote:
Thx for the guide! seems really solid.
However I'm wondering if you can play the build as a league atarter?
since I have literally no currency and considering rerolling.
Also what item should I aim for first in the beginning?

Yep you can easily league start with this build, i did also, Deaths opus is relatively cheap even as 6L, and get a 5L Hyrri's Ire after, the rest of the items are about ~10c give or take
_https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/031/021/cover2.jpg

why this guide is meme, in depth explanation.

=====
gear.
======

1. bow - death opus is not really best option. its good only because it gives +2, which helps early on. if u add chin sol to PoB, tick on range=1 + close range, it will outdps death opus by a lot. im not even talking rare crafted one.

2. gloves - usually u resists there, but there is a lot of options instead. for resists - gripped ones. offensive ones - hands of high templar with +1 frenzy and flat crit. this will give 10% hp, double resists. shadow and dust gloves if u want rampage and some early crit a bit. crafted gloves with +1frenzy.

3. helm. u should never use it as resist filler slot. if u go rare one - -9 cold is a must there. if u dont want a rare, pick starkonja/devoto/fractal thoughts/rats nest. depends from what u need, surviving/movespeed/flat damage/4%crit.

4. wildwrap serves fine a leveling one. 5l hyrri too, kaom heart works good for bosskilling setups.

5. rings is meme, doing something like this is basically cutting a dps. 2x taming will be much better, fill ur resists and give u much more damage then "30% ele attack with skills" on rare rings. need hp? elder mark + shaper influence ring. need even more dps? 2x ciycle ring with herald of ice mods.

6. quiver is meme too, voidfletch is cool and so on but, u must corrupt it, as pierce implicit will kill your build totally. (u didnt said that in guide lmao) demise works fine, providing u some good flat damage based on how much stats u have, scaled amazingly with fractal thoughts. another option is crafted quiver with +1arrow, which again is not on the table.

7. boots, hp resits filler slot, but can also serve you as source of permanent phasing, even without farrul. as well as give u +1chain. guess what those boots is?

8. using rare amulet like this is meme too, u actually would better to pick hyrri amulet, which will give u some more freedom at using precision as well as giving some dps. if u want rare amulet, then u totally dont need accurace and rare item found there, most likely some flat damage to cold attacks and % cold damage would be better, but even this is not optimal, because redeemer infuence is best at it with damage per frenzy charge. also pandemonius is still exists.

9. iceshot build usually relies on having 100% or being close to 100% crit chance. ur build will not push it even to 90.

10. nothing about jewels, nothing about watcher eye, nothing about timeless jewel (there is a lot of options to pick), nothing about cluster and how to gain power charges easily. nothing about how much dps give abyss jewels with flat dmg. also, where is words about lioneye? :D

11. nothing about bottled faith/atizi promise/abusing overcapped cold resist for wise oak extra penetration.

=====
anoint
=====

elusive is cool and so on but there is also options such as heart of ice (actually if in pob throatseeker is top damage node, that means ur crit multi is bad)

=====
links
=====

ice bite performs better with 6+ frenzy charges than added cold damage, which is fairly easy to gain.

a fact that u use inspiration support in ice shot, makes this build a total joke. u dont need inspiration in ice shot, u need it in barrage for rise ur crit there, and make inspi charges. it has no purpose in iceshot link which already kills packs with a single click.

u also not using dmg on full life support, which is actually biggest dps for build, as long as u have a source of hp leeching. (did i told u about increased dmg while leeching tree nodes and crafts into amulet? :D no?)

u can drop cold pene at all if u have pandemonius.

u have no vaal grace - gl killing metamorph on t16.

u also dont have vaal haste, if u go for dps that much.

sorry, but if someone will follow that build, it will most likely do yellow maps only, pushing it further for someone who not experienced with bow builds, will be impossible.

its okay (more or less) that u dont know all gear options, as build is flexible. but non of any mechanic has been explained (lioneye/clusters/watcher/leech/why crit must be capped). and gemlinks is actually a biggest mistake.
Last edited by xqhrn on Sep 29, 2020, 11:41:33 AM
"
xqhrn wrote:
_https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/031/021/cover2.jpg

why this guide is meme, in depth explanation.

=====
gear.
======

1. bow - death opus is not really best option. its good only because it gives +2, which helps early on. if u add chin sol to PoB, tick on range=1 + close range, it will outdps death opus by a lot. im not even talking rare crafted one.

2. gloves - usually u resists there, but there is a lot of options instead. for resists - gripped ones. offensive ones - hands of high templar with +1 frenzy and flat crit. this will give 10% hp, double resists. shadow and dust gloves if u want rampage and some early crit a bit. crafted gloves with +1frenzy.

3. helm. u should never use it as resist filler slot. if u go rare one - -9 cold is a must there. if u dont want a rare, pick starkonja/devoto/fractal thoughts/rats nest. depends from what u need, surviving/movespeed/flat damage/4%crit.

4. wildwrap serves fine a leveling one. 5l hyrri too, kaom heart works good for bosskilling setups.

5. rings is meme, doing something like this is basically cutting a dps. 2x taming will be much better, fill ur resists and give u much more damage then "30% ele attack with skills" on rare rings. need hp? elder mark + shaper influence ring. need even more dps? 2x ciycle ring with herald of ice mods.

6. quiver is meme too, voidfletch is cool and so on but, u must corrupt it, as pierce implicit will kill your build totally. (u didnt said that in guide lmao) demise works fine, providing u some good flat damage based on how much stats u have, scaled amazingly with fractal thoughts. another option is crafted quiver with +1arrow, which again is not on the table.

7. boots, hp resits filler slot, but can also serve you as source of permanent phasing, even without farrul. as well as give u +1chain. guess what those boots is?

8. using rare amulet like this is meme too, u actually would better to pick hyrri amulet, which will give u some more freedom at using precision as well as giving some dps. if u want rare amulet, then u totally dont need accurace and rare item found there, most likely some flat damage to cold attacks and % cold damage would be better, but even this is not optimal, because redeemer infuence is best at it with damage per frenzy charge. also pandemonius is still exists.

9. iceshot build usually relies on having 100% or being close to 100% crit chance. ur build will not push it even to 90.

10. nothing about jewels, nothing about watcher eye, nothing about timeless jewel (there is a lot of options to pick), nothing about cluster and how to gain power charges easily. nothing about how much dps give abyss jewels with flat dmg. also, where is words about lioneye? :D

11. nothing about bottled faith/atizi promise/abusing overcapped cold resist for wise oak extra penetration.

=====
anoint
=====

elusive is cool and so on but there is also options such as heart of ice (actually if in pob throatseeker is top damage node, that means ur crit multi is bad)

=====
links
=====

ice bite performs better with 6+ frenzy charges than added cold damage, which is fairly easy to gain.

a fact that u use inspiration support in ice shot, makes this build a total joke. u dont need inspiration in ice shot, u need it in barrage for rise ur crit there, and make inspi charges. it has no purpose in iceshot link which already kills packs with a single click.

u also not using dmg on full life support, which is actually biggest dps for build, as long as u have a source of hp leeching. (did i told u about increased dmg while leeching tree nodes and crafts into amulet? :D no?)

u can drop cold pene at all if u have pandemonius.

u have no vaal grace - gl killing metamorph on t16.

u also dont have vaal haste, if u go for dps that much.

sorry, but if someone will follow that build, it will most likely do yellow maps only, pushing it further for someone who not experienced with bow builds, will be impossible.

its okay (more or less) that u dont know all gear options, as build is flexible. but non of any mechanic has been explained (lioneye/clusters/watcher/leech/why crit must be capped). and gemlinks is actually a biggest mistake.

While all the options you said are valid, if i did changed rings/gloves etc i would be at 3.2k hp probably and get one shotted by every little projectile that comes in my way.It also takes days to explain what every single item does in the game and alternatives, im posting my current build with some more budget versions if its too expensive. I do have a section linking the jewels im using, watchers-lioneyes and a crit multi eye jewel.Also i did say about pierce implcit on the quiver, but i think youre too mad to see it?
Last edited by AdonFPS on Sep 29, 2020, 11:49:43 AM
mark of elder - 10%HP, price is about 15c~. shaper ring 1c, if u want 85lvl base - 5c. just pick any that fills ur resists and has t1 hp roll.

elder mark already gives u 80% dmg, which is much more than ele attack with skills at 33% (add to that 80% a value of ele attacks with skills u can get in shaper rare ring too)

gloves of sirus is kind of expensive but, if u dont have problems with resists, such corrupt can carry to very late endgame coupled with ice bite gem or proper farrul.

pushing it to 4k hp is not rly hard. most likely ull be struggle to make it to 5k hp.
Yes i know what the other alternatives are you dont have to tell me, i made the guide really quick and didnt have time to talk about all the alts, and my build differs from what ure suggesting since i dont want 3500~ hp.
Thanks for the build! Do you have a recommendation for which direction to take first on the passive tree when leveling?
"
Goat_Exile wrote:
Thanks for the build! Do you have a recommendation for which direction to take first on the passive tree when leveling?

Thank you! ye i do, you can rush to winter spirit, take herbalism and get master fletcher, make your way down to primeval force, lethality and fangs of frost, after that you can start taking king of the hill
Awesome, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info