(3.12) Flame Wall + Fireball Trickster: 5mm+ sDPS from DoTs (1 button clears)

"
hazzy9090 wrote:
Would this build work for a start on SSF?

It does, I played it solo to start the league.

That being said I personally thing ED/C is better for starting SSF. For me it goes like this:

ED/C - Requires NOTHING to get going, requires TONS for high end
FB/FW - Requires mid-range to get going (searing touch/tabula), requires moderate for high end
"
I was playing around with your POB seeing about trying this myself and if I could make a CI version of it (just 'cause. I'm not sure how I'd handle mana sustain as CI though, anything you'd suggest?) and noticed a pathing inefficiency in your tree. On the top Witch Area where Cruel Preparation (life node) and Breath of Flames is, if you go around the top instead of the bottom you save 1 point by taking 1 less Intelligence node.

https://i.imgur.com/o5HNdpH.png

I knew it! Thank you for this. This happened because I was fiddling with my tree as I found jewels/took jewels out. I will fix this.
Havent ever really tried fireball, how do u level up? as pure caster till you get enough ignite chance? ED/cont?
"
bloodvirus wrote:
Havent ever really tried fireball, how do u level up? as pure caster till you get enough ignite chance? ED/cont?

Leveled as firewall + fireball on 3 and 4 links. The fire wall damage carries nicely and projectiles that pass through it also apply the secondary DoT.

Honestly, ED/C is also fin to level with of course.
Great guide..If i cant find the right colours for skin of the loyal can i swap gems around like having my fireball inside skin instead of searing touch since +2 aoe with 3b 2g 1r is easier to find and generally cheaper
I've been playing something similar although I haven't gone for Acro yet.

What do you think would be a good option for the chest slot in SSF? Is there a unique you would recommend or do I just go for a good rare?
Last edited by noseke on Sep 30, 2020, 8:55:42 PM
Enjoying this build so far, I went for CI myself just because I like CI and switched right when I got to maps and have been progressing quite smootly. The clearspeed of Fireball is actually much nicer than I expected, somewhat map-type dependant but for the most part clears offscreen and proliferates quite satisfyingly. Still have a lot of stuff to ugprade, don't even have a 6 link yet or even a second 5 link for Flame Wall. Single target is still quite acceptable to me at this gear level, and seems like it will become very nice once I have double six links.

One thing that I forgot to account for before buying a Searing Touch is that I needed to get a significant amount of STR on gear in order to equip it. Not very difficult, but it something that needs to be accounted for in gearing. I think your tree has more STR than mine does, but I imagine you still need some STR from gear.

My pastebin if your curious:

https://pastebin.com/mX3njK9K

Spoiler
"

Holy shit that replica emberwake is sick for this build. I gotta get me one of those, acording to PoB it would give me 40% MORE dps.

So far I've decided to go for MoM instead of Acro because I have decent mana on my gear. I feel very tanky for now in red maps (dps could be better but I haven't even bothered with a 5L wall yet).

Here's my pastebin (https://pastebin.com/gVqYYiRw) in case anybody is curious or wants to give some pointers.

PS: I think Burning Brutality might be a better anointment than the one in OPs guide.
Last edited by noseke on Oct 1, 2020, 9:05:34 PM
"
noseke wrote:
"

Holy shit that replica emberwake is sick for this build. I gotta get me one of those, acording to PoB it would give me 40% MORE dps.

So far I've decided to go for MoM instead of Acro because I have decent mana on my gear. I feel very tanky for now in red maps (dps could be better but I haven't even bothered with a 5L wall yet).

Here's my pastebin (https://pastebin.com/gVqYYiRw) in case anybody is curious or wants to give some pointers.

PS: I think Burning Brutality might be a better anointment than the one in OPs guide.

Yeah, the ring is nice. :) And nice call on Burning Brutality, that is a better annoint IMO. Still cheap & easy too.
im also doing a flamewall/fireball build, but im doing it like ItsYoji and going archmage mana stacking stuff.

but anyway, for people asking, flame wall is INSANE and its a level 4 gem. it very easily levels you up until you get enough ignite chance with fireball.

actually through my leveling, i used flame wall until maps. all the way through acts flame wall just always felt better to blast through, but in maps when you want to full clear or much closer to it then fireball is the way to go

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info