[3.12] A Comprehensive SSF Earthshatter Guide [EASY ALL CONTENT]

Very nice guide; I started SSFHC with only about 70 hours of game time, this has eased my masochism in all the right places, currently working my way through maps
Last edited by Zrrcu on Oct 11, 2020, 2:27:04 AM
Between the three Earthshatter helm enchants, is there one I should target over the rest? I'm assuming +40% Earthshatter Damage is the preferred option, but is the +1 fissure also good?

Also, any tips on crafting an endgame explody chest?

Thanks!
Thank you for the guide. I've done some minor changes and the build delivers, it's tanky with solid dps and I like the gameplay.

This is not your typical zoom, zoom build, but if you want to have fun with warcries and relax, after some investment it's pretty nice.

My changes:
6-link axe with 800+ dps (self crafted)
Kaom's hearth
4 auras - Pride, Dread banner, Flesh and Stone, Blood and Stone with
Cluster jewel:
1 Added Passive Skill is Battle-Hardened
1 Added Passive Skill is Force Multiplier
1 Added Passive Skill is Iron Breaker
Added some chaos resistance

Flasks:
With corrupted blood counter jewel you can add Forbidden Taste
as with 9.4k hp normal flask is not enough anymore.

https://pastebin.com/P525madK

Nice guide. Just a question about belt. What about using Soul Tether. Seems like it will provide more EHP. Thanks
"
Nice guide. Just a question about belt. What about using Soul Tether. Seems like it will provide more EHP. Thanks

It is indeed better. I just didn't add because i Still did not find it on SSF. But I will add on honorable montions on the guide. Thanks for the reminder.

Spoiler
Thank you for the guide. I've done some minor changes and the build delivers, it's tanky with solid dps and I like the gameplay.

Thanks for the contribution! It's good to see input like these, as it also helps people with their doubts.

"
Between the three Earthshatter helm enchants, is there one I should target over the rest? I'm assuming +40% Earthshatter Damage is the preferred option, but is the +1 fissure also good?

Thanks!

"

Thanks!

I'm not sure where I've seen this, but it was as follows:

If you slam then warcry, +1 is better. But if you mostly attack 3 times then slam, +40% dmg is better.

On the explody chest, I usually craft with fossils on SSF, it was the best way to get without expeding too much currency. Using Craft of Exile, as a helping tool, I usually use 1 dense, 1 jagged and 1 pristine.

"
Very nice guide; I started SSFHC with only about 70 hours of game time, this has eased my masochism in all the right places, currently working my way through maps

Nice! Hope you have fun!

"
How strong is Earthshatter compared to Cyclone? Really feel like rerolling to earthshatter and this guide seems very nice.

As a melee main, since the nerfs on Cyclone I've been enjoying ES most.

"
How good is the +Increased Effect of Fortify on You mod from Crusader helmets? I have a base and been trying to craft it, but no luck yet. Curious how much of a buff it is.

Is VERY good. If you manage to stack a decent amount, with 120% increased effect of fortify on focus, you can face tank pretty much everything. Also, I rember seeing fortify effect works on intervals of 5, so that is good to keep in mind.

"
Getting flat phys is really important if you're using Facebreakers.

For a good helmet, prioritize the following
1. T1 Life with life hybrid if possible (hard to get)
2. T1 Fortify Effect (21-25%)
3. %Phys taken to lightning (crusader) or craft %Phys taken to fire.
4. Resist if you want.
5. Elemenal+Chaos resist craft (optional)

For steel rings (if you're using Facebreakers)
1. T1 Flat phys
2. T1 Life
3. Resist if needed
4. Craft -non channeling # mana cost.

Exactly!
Thanks for the reply!

I'm working on crafting some upgrades, both my chest and helmet.

For the helmet, using Pristine + Corroded locks out most of the Crusader suffixes, leaving just +Fortify Effect and +Chance to Block Spell Damage, which increases the odds of hitting it. The only downside is that it locks out all elemental mods, so I wouldn't be able to get %Phys Damage taken as Lightning. Is that an acceptable trade-off for increasing the odds of landing +Fortify Effect, or should I just spam Pristine Fossils and hope I land a good life/fortify/phys as lightning combo?

Thanks!
I've done some additional changes kind of for meme status and did my first UE fight with this build + 2xA8. Fights were fine and safe.

I added Blunderbore + The Gull + Soul Tether together with vulnerability ring.
Sitting still on 8.2kHP + 650ES and dwarfing my hideout crew. The damage is still solid.

I searched a long time for a pure ssf guide for ssf beginners. Sc bored me too much and so i started my ssf career with the positive thing of getting used on leArning the crafting thingi here. First thanks for your work and giving ssf beginners a startguide.
Is this build still tanky and going? I want to start with it.
This is probably obvious but I can't figure out where you are getting life leech anywhere to use soul tether? Can someone explain for me please.
So I'm trying to roll/craft a good 2H axe and recently landed on the below (note, this is the hybrid mod, as it adds 42% increased phys damage in addition to the culling strike). Is Culling Strike on the weapon, either as just "Culling Strike" or as "Culling Strike against Bleeding Enemies" a good mod to go with? Is this worth multimodding, or should I keep going for one of the T1 mods (increased phys, added flat phys, or attack speed) first? Thanks!

Last edited by Ruxxe on Oct 21, 2020, 3:35:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info