Impending Doom Support

Post your feedback for this support here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Last bumped on Dec 30, 2023, 4:26:15 PM
I'm testing Impending Doom interaction with Despair, and its synergy with Hexblast is obvious, but it got me thinking about when exactly damage is calculated.

Impending Doom says that the Doom Blast triggers when the Hex that it is supporting ends. What does this mean, exactly? Does the Doom Blast damage benefit from the -% chaos resistance that Despair inflicts? The wording suggests that it does not, but it seems like it should!

If it does, does it matter whether the Hex is consumed by Hexblast, it is replaced by a different Hex, or it expires naturally?

Thank you!
I've been building around impending doom, using less duration on the triggering curse. Using rough math I seem to max out doom around 4 seconds, and the curse only lasts 5.2 seconds, so everything explodes, spreads poison and herald of ash, occultist pops, all that fun stuff.

However, I've noticed that it stops working if I'm one or two screens away. I'll run by, hand curse every pack, and some of them have 0 damage taken when I circle back. Is this normal? Is there a cap on how many mobs can be cursed at once?

You have to be within a certain range of the enemies to deal damage, like 2 screens or so, was added years ago to deal with bow characters killing enemies miles off screen
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
Auxion wrote:
You have to be within a certain range of the enemies to deal damage, like 2 screens or so, was added years ago to deal with bow characters killing enemies miles off screen

Really feels bad with this skill. They need to change it so it only applies to enemies you haven't encountered yet or something. Intentionally casting a spell on an enemy and having it not function because you ran too far away suuuuucks.
"
Rahabs wrote:
I've been building around impending doom, using less duration on the triggering curse. Using rough math I seem to max out doom around 4 seconds, and the curse only lasts 5.2 seconds, so everything explodes, spreads poison and herald of ash, occultist pops, all that fun stuff.

One of the new uniques is a ring that automatically ends a hex/triggers impending doom 0.5 seconds after the he's reached max doom. It's amazing. You don't have to mess with reduced duration stuff.
"
symbolstate wrote:
I'm testing Impending Doom interaction with Despair, and its synergy with Hexblast is obvious, but it got me thinking about when exactly damage is calculated.

Impending Doom says that the Doom Blast triggers when the Hex that it is supporting ends. What does this mean, exactly? Does the Doom Blast damage benefit from the -% chaos resistance that Despair inflicts? The wording suggests that it does not, but it seems like it should!

If it does, does it matter whether the Hex is consumed by Hexblast, it is replaced by a different Hex, or it expires naturally?

Thank you!

Need the same question answered.

If i curse someone with a curse supported with impending doom, than override that curse with another to trigger, witch curse is in effect for the impending doom hit.

Do i need to support despair with impending doom, or do i need to override the supported curse with despair?
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Yea i need more clarity on this gem and how it works.

currently level 36 but have a pob setup with what im aiming for:

i'm trying to make this effective for endgame as what's the point of a skill if its not viable for the whole games content, im also trying to go CI and ES so i can limit the amount of nodes i need for life.

this build is supposed to be able to caste its curse let doomsday finish after 1 second and i hexblast to destroy my enemy, i have 2 issues with this, surviving during that second and applying enough damage to kill the enemy and it be an actual effective playstyle. currently it seems i have to self cast at least 3-4 curses to be able to fight endgame bosses without dying a million times. this means very little in the way of actionable skills for defense, now running a curse setup means i could debuff enemies to up my survival but getting these applied effectively means auras or triggered curses but both of these will remove the doom so its at odds with itself.

so i've now decided to use the vixens to run support curses but if i cast despair then vixens procs the support curses for survivability will that overwrite my despair and mean i lose the doom or not is the question.

if so you are very restricted on that branch of the occultist for someone wanting to use a doom setup and curses, there is only 1 real playstyle for that and its self cast multiple curses with only a few slots available and make it unwieldly and difficult or only use 1 curse and have to build different methods of defense.

would be good if you are wanting more levels of curse play to make some changes so we can run multiple curses for the donus damage as so far its okay with packs but it terrible for bosses.

you cant use curse auras you cant trigger curses you cant trigger curses after your curse if using doomsday so its restricted to only 1 curse supported by doomsday which limits damage for hexblast.

if i try to maximize damage on 1 curse and doomsday and boost chaos damage i have little left for defenses or life or es.

needs work to be honest.
Last edited by KaiserOrion on Jan 17, 2021, 6:55:04 AM
another question would be if i link something like decay or added chaos to despair with impending doom will they actually work, or because despair itself does not hit will it not add the effects of the other supports
GGG,

The 3.20 patch introduces Hex Bloom Support. The hypothetical example I present to you is the three-link setup Despair + Impending Doom Support (Doom Blast) + Hex Bloom Support.

If I cast Despair on a pack of monsters. At the end of the curse's duration Doom Blast should be triggered. IF that pack of monsters die:

1) Will the Despair curse be transferred to enemies within the radius determined by Hex Bloom Support?

2) If yes to Q1. Then, will these enemies also be affected by Impending Doom Support (Doom Blast)?

Thanks for your time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info