[3.12] DemiVFX's Anti-Cold Res Penta-Curse LL Hexblast Occultist | Satisfying Clear | ✅ 2m Avg Hit ✅

Hey!
How its going right now?
Seems nice but im scared a little about bossing and endgame
"
FidMe wrote:
Hey there! Sick build you've put out here, I've always wanted to try a curesbot, but which deals damage.

Nonetheless, there's been an active discussion, that conc effect doesn't work with Hexblast. Have you heard of it or tested it?

Oh my god you're right, I've been mapping on a 5L...

In that case, we're absolutely gonna swap it to Hypothermia for the 40% more multiplier with skitterbots. Before you go LL and can fit skitterbots in, I guess a 5L is more than enough, I'm not exactly sure what to use instead. We still do chill every so often but it'll be very inconsistent until we get Skitterbots.
"
Ejdzej wrote:
Why no Doomsday?

I personally haven't tried it yet myself as I'm enjoying the current playstyle just fine, and I've heard from friends who have tried it that it's inconsistent and clunky. I'll probably test it myself once I get deeper into the build!
"
liquidSG wrote:
Have you done any tests on PoB with Elementalist? For some reason I want to play this forgotten ascendancy and I can't figure out if it's gonna be good to do ignite version with 7-8 golems to buff up your dmg.

I have not tested with Elementalist at all. I'm strictly focusing on Occultist for the immense utility it gives me. I'd rather not have to swap out some gear for dealing with hexproof enemies, lose +1 curse or Void Beacon.
"
RichRamp wrote:
Hey!
How its going right now?
Seems nice but im scared a little about bossing and endgame

It's going really smoothly rn, although I did just wake up and read the thread and find out that I was mapping on a 5L. Considering it was doing so well I couldn't even notice, and bossing is easy (just a tiny bit slow until we get more dmg later), I'd say that at this point it's coming out pretty good. Just be warned, hybrid life/es is a bit squishy before we go LL and can slot in discipline/shavs and red dream/nightmare + proper flasks. Just make sure the enemies are cursed and that you pick up chaos res (like from withering presence) sooner rather than later! It seems the sciency heist mobs love chaos damage.
I've been fumbling my way with a Frostbite Hexblast occultist in SSF, so I might take some pointers from this guide. Not sure about my chances of getting a Shav's or Circle of Nostalgia any time soon so I'll probably stick with CI for the meanwhile.

Hexblast is a weird and very neat skill. I'm only up to act 8 so far so hopefully I haven't changed my mind by red maps.
"
Bk老虎 wrote:
I've been fumbling my way with a Frostbite Hexblast occultist in SSF, so I might take some pointers from this guide. Not sure about my chances of getting a Shav's or Circle of Nostalgia any time soon so I'll probably stick with CI for the meanwhile.

Hexblast is a weird and very neat skill. I'm only up to act 8 so far so hopefully I haven't changed my mind by red maps.

Shavs and Nostalgia are def gonna be tough in SSF. Good thing is, you don't need to go LL! You can swap the prism guardian for another shield (lots of good options!), abstain from using a herald and even zealotry and go full hybrid. Also, as mentioned in the post, you can completely eliminate using Anger if you socket an abyss jewel with added fire/lightning dmg to spells or any other piece of gear with such a stat, reducing your reservation dramatically.

The deeper I get into hexblast the better it gets tbh. I hope the same happens for you!
I found hexblast leveling a real struggle, but as I start mapping I've got the damage up. I'm at ~3k life though, eek. Lots of good tips in this thread on the topic.

One thing you might not have caught - according to a Mark post pre league launch, the penetration gems work with Hexblast. Cold Pen is doing real work for me.

e - this is probably the easiest shavs in SSF league - you can farm cards in T1 Tower maps. They're low drop rate, but it's more doable than ever before.
Last edited by malebranche on Sep 22, 2020, 4:22:25 AM
"
malebranche wrote:
I found hexblast leveling a real struggle, but as I start mapping I've got the damage up. I'm at ~3k life though, eek. Lots of good tips in this thread on the topic.

One thing you might not have caught - according to a Mark post pre league launch, the penetration gems work with Hexblast. Cold Pen is doing real work for me.

e - this is probably the easiest shavs in SSF league - you can farm cards in T1 Tower maps. They're low drop rate, but it's more doable than ever before.

Penetration works? In that case our damage is gonna skyrocket! Do you happen to have a direct source for this? I wanna see it for myself before I update the guide! I'll see if I can find it real quick.

EDIT: Found it, gonna try it out myself and see how it works. Might replace unleash with it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/iu8ekg/path_of_exile_heist_gem_information/g5jouw4/
Last edited by DemiVFX on Sep 22, 2020, 5:11:45 AM
Hmm what we're looking on wand? Was thinking about +1 chaos gems, fire/light dmg, but idk others

Nvm. Just readed guide, sorry!
Last edited by RichRamp on Sep 22, 2020, 11:26:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info