[3.12] Flame Wall RF [3M+ shaper dps - IMMORTAL BOSSING] Divine FLesh + max block

Welcome to my build guide idea thing!@

DISCLAIMER!

This build is a work in progress and my POB is unfinished. You can follow my progress at Twitch.tv/nextgrade where I'm streaming my league start.
I will be adding to the POB it as ideas become more solidified.
I have countless boss carries under my belt and have no doubt this will be viable in some form

Intro:

With the release of flame walls numbers being comparable to great skills like Vortex and Fire Trap I got to work thinking of interesting ways to spread our new firey pit of doom. This build is extremely tanky, combining Divine FLesh and block to mitigate massive amounts of damage and trivialize bosses.

Build Overview:

the main idea is to combine the Sizeable damage over time from Flame Wall with the imense regen and tank of Chieftain Righteous Fire builds to create a bossing monster that can also clear well with the passive projectiles we spawn with Saquals Flock, but why tornados you ask?

Build Concept:
Spoiler

Offense:

The Tornados:

With the onset of harvest the passive tornados spawned by Saquals Flock were transformed from a cute visual effect to mechanically viable with the buff to proc rate they recieved (100% now, previously 25%)

Players were now able to spawn potentially 100s of tornados a second. This came at the cost of basically every unique slot in the build being filled by unqiues with the sole goal of reducing duration making it difficult to scale damage as well as defenses.

This changes with flamewall, becuase we do not need 100s of tornados to maximize damage we can simply get enough to fill the screen.

without any uniques but the Saquals Helm and no passives on tree we are able to spawn 10 speedy tornados a second. More than enought to hit every pack on screen, especially when you consider the more than 100% increased projectile speed we will be getting.

4*(1-0.67)(1-0.25) = ~1 second between tornado spawns

The Wall:

I was very impressed when Flame Wall's numbers came out. Easily rivaling the likes of Fire Trap and Vortex but with much longer potential duration. These skills tend to do ok damage on their own but really shine when combined with other sources ex: Vortex + Coldsnap or Fire Trap + RF

In this case I am able to get a clean 3 million shaper dps in POB just from Fire Trap without a crazy staff or sceptre while also building full tank.

Flame Wall's damage is further scaled by the 4-link Righteous Fire I run comfortably with over 1000 net-life regened per second

Defense:

Divine Flesh even post nerf brings some unmatched defenses to bossing. Even when you ignore the reduced elemental damage taken. The ability to reduce elemntal penetration and damage over time is invaluable when taking on the hardest bosses in the game who's strongest attacks tend to have theses characteristics ex: Shaper beam, Uber balls, Awakeners pools ect...

After Divine Flesh we layer 75/75 block and high regen

The final piece is physical damage reduction. We easily cap this out by running an instant cast Enduring Cry on our left click and potentially 8 charges. Fortify linked to shield charge adds some extra defense against hits.

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler

Pros:

Invincible
Fast
Fairly AFK
Unique
Great characteristics for bossing
Easy to leaguestart as Flame Wall Fireball
Tornados will absolutley flood the tight hallways in Heist

Cons:

Lots of screen clutter
Average DPS
Selfcast EE
Probably gets shit on by reflect
Don't think it can do HoTGM

Gear and Explanations:
Spoiler

WIP dont have gear yet lol. These are the items im looking at rather than a hard checklist
potentially revleant:

Searing Touch early?

Core:

Saquals Flock
Malachis Artificer
Koams Way
Aspect of Avian boots or shield

Jewels:

NEED Xibaqua Glorious Vanity
blue nightmare
thread of hope
dot multi + aoe

Cluster Jewels:

large block cluster
Burning Bright

3x Born of Chaos

Path of Building:
Spoiler

I'll skip going into gems and just link my POB testing ground
https://pastebin.com/vrKXumwp

I'm not married to any 1 mechanic in this build and discussion is much appreciated and I hope we can share ideas!

Thanks!
Last edited by jerlcregnors on Sep 20, 2020, 5:39:04 AM
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2020, 7:07:01 AM
Interesting build you have there. Wonder what it would be like to use Salvo + Wall instead of nados?
Iam also interested but isnt the gear in the pob a bit ambitious ?
"
Kaiten91 wrote:
Iam also interested but isnt the gear in the pob a bit ambitious ?

Some of the gear is not at all reasonable. My POB is still a work in progress but 3mil dps without super expensive rares will 100% be possible. I just wanted to post my POB before the league start so people could check it out.
ok ^^ appreciate the answer
Just a headsup I confirmed the mechanic works correctly and i have been leveling Blazing Salvo / Flame Wall.
"
jerlcregnors wrote:
Just a headsup I confirmed the mechanic works correctly and i have been leveling Blazing Salvo / Flame Wall.

I am interested in trying this as I am leveling up a Chieftain right now. Can you unlock you characters so I can follow what you are trying? The PoB link does not work and I don't know what to do on the passive tree at all. Thanks
🐢
Path of building link, you need to get the community version.

https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding
Wait, 3mil shaper DPS without a single damage node on the tree except EO and arsonist? If that's correct flame wall will be the first thing to be nerfed !
Last edited by leto2626 on Sep 19, 2020, 5:22:21 AM
"
Koheleth wrote:
"
jerlcregnors wrote:

I am interested in trying this as I am leveling up a Chieftain right now. Can you unlock you characters so I can follow what you are trying? The PoB link does not work and I don't know what to do on the passive tree at all. Thanks

My character is unlocked and I am currently streaming my progression on
Last edited by jerlcregnors on Feb 5, 2021, 8:41:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info