Stress-Free PoE! BONE ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

Thanks for the bone zombie build. I've only been playing, off-n-on for a while and never got higher than Act 7.
I am now starting Maps. Your bone zombie build made it so easy to enjoy the leveling process with little fear of dying all the time, which is what was happening with other builds I tried.
I'm still learning POE, but now I feel confident to try delving.

I'm going to try your Trigger Happy duelist next to see how a melee compares to the bone zombies.

You "one-button" builds make the game more entertaining.

Thanks Wrecker
"
Styks wrote:
Spoiler
Nice guide, easy to read and interesting to try. I'm usually playing SSF until very late in the game, so that might be something I'd like to try. My last necromancer build was from a few years ago.

Quick questions:

- I see no elemental resistances in the build, which means something close to -50/-60% resistances. How do you manage that kind of damage?
- Is it good at boss killing, or more efficient at mapping? both?

Again, thank you for the time you spend on these nice guides.
Hey Styks!

Nercos have changed lots over the last few years for sure. I hope you like it if you give it a shot.

You must be looking at Path of Building to see those resists? Resists are taken care of by gear. They weren't a focal point on the tree. With no required items, it's REALLY easy to overcap resists.

Zombies have both a big AoE and individual melee attack. The AoE Zombie Slam is really helpful with clearing and getting rid of the extra mobs in a boss fight quickly. Predator Support is awesome for single-target. In my opinion, the build is great at both, but that's completely subjective to your experiences and preference.

I appreciate your kindness :). Thanks for being encouraging!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
DumboWizarean wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the bone zombie build. I've only been playing, off-n-on for a while and never got higher than Act 7.
I am now starting Maps. Your bone zombie build made it so easy to enjoy the leveling process with little fear of dying all the time, which is what was happening with other builds I tried.
I'm still learning POE, but now I feel confident to try delving.

I'm going to try your Trigger Happy duelist next to see how a melee compares to the bone zombies.

You "one-button" builds make the game more entertaining.

Thanks Wrecker
Awesome DumboWizarean! That's really great to hear! I'm glad my style of play has helped you enjoy the game more. This is a great build to figure out certain mechanics of the game and really understand them.

I hope you experience lots of the game and enjoy it. Please ask any questions you like, ya?

Thanks for your thanks and kindness. I really appreciate it :).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I'm loving this build! Finally a build that doesn't give me carpal tunnel syndrome. Seriously, I had to stop playing because of that several times in past leagues.

I've made only small adjustments to match my personal style of play:
- Added Flame dash in socketed amulet
- Dropped CWDT and Culling strike from helm. I've never had a golem die even once.
- Added Animate Weapon and a second golem to helm.
(second golem used via Golem Commander anointment)

The animate weapon gives me a 3rd key to press but I'm ok with that. Those weapons are super aggressive and cross barriers unlike the zombies that tend to get stuck in certain circumstances. Also, mystery bonus mechanic, the zombies flock to where you animate a weapon, so it pushes them forward while I stay safe behind.

Everything else is exactly as in the build guide.
Cruised all the way to level 93 and T16 maps with little investment.

This build is OP in Delve and Uber Lab. No problem with guardians and all regular bosses.

But now, I've reached problem area: L83 grand heists. I really would like to be able to do those. I hear they're super profitable.
Anyone have a clue how I could be more beefy? I get one shot by some large packs when I have to dive thru them after lockdown.
7000 life, max res but little other defenses. Normally I just hide while my 30 minions do the work, but you cant do that after lockdown. The monsters keep coming, you eventually have to dive thru them. Can't figure it out.

Thanks for your amazing build. I feel that it was made just for me!
"
Spoiler
I'm loving this build! Finally a build that doesn't give me carpal tunnel syndrome. Seriously, I had to stop playing because of that several times in past leagues.

I've made only small adjustments to match my personal style of play:
- Added Flame dash in socketed amulet
- Dropped CWDT and Culling strike from helm. I've never had a golem die even once.
- Added Animate Weapon and a second golem to helm.
(second golem used via Golem Commander anointment)

The animate weapon gives me a 3rd key to press but I'm ok with that. Those weapons are super aggressive and cross barriers unlike the zombies that tend to get stuck in certain circumstances. Also, mystery bonus mechanic, the zombies flock to where you animate a weapon, so it pushes them forward while I stay safe behind.

Everything else is exactly as in the build guide.
Cruised all the way to level 93 and T16 maps with little investment.

This build is OP in Delve and Uber Lab. No problem with guardians and all regular bosses.

But now, I've reached problem area: L83 grand heists. I really would like to be able to do those. I hear they're super profitable.
Anyone have a clue how I could be more beefy? I get one shot by some large packs when I have to dive thru them after lockdown.
7000 life, max res but little other defenses. Normally I just hide while my 30 minions do the work, but you cant do that after lockdown. The monsters keep coming, you eventually have to dive thru them. Can't figure it out.

Thanks for your amazing build. I feel that it was made just for me!

Thanks for the great post IndianaJames68!

I appreciate the honesty with the pros and cons and I'm glad that it totally suits your style. It's awesome that you're having fun. Thanks for taking the time to pass it on :).

I was doing 83 Grand Heists last night with my podcast buddy. For me, Heist is really dumb. I love the intent of everything and the rewards...but to have a league revolve around choke points and "shotgun damage" is not fun at all. How I normally have things setup for me is that I have a Quartz and Quicksilver flask ready to go for each door. That lets me phase through the enemies with lots of movement speed. I find the fights, once your past the "wall" of enemies MUCH easier to deal with. Each room, because of the endless enemies lets you refill your flasks too. You could obviously use a self-casted Phase Run or Withering Step instead. Though the lvl83 enemies in Heist are WAY beefier than normal 83 monsters, the battles are fine once you get past the initial wall of each room.

I hope that helps? Thanks again for such an encouraging post. You're very kind to take the time.

Annnnnd

Just a quick, hopefully simple question:

Gems I'm levelling to 20 would always benefit from being 20 quality as well for this build right?
Hi,

Great build as usual, I have followed your Necro builds for a while now.

I am at level 84 at the moment and destroying everything I come in contact with.

I have put Summon Skeleton and Raise Zombie gems onto my body armour and it works very well.

Also I have two golems which is great.

I've just started doing heist and I'm up to level 71 at the moment with no problems at all.
"
enp1sw wrote:
Spoiler
Just a quick, hopefully simple question:

Gems I'm levelling to 20 would always benefit from being 20 quality as well for this build right?
Hey enp1sw!

Yup! It definitely helps.I use the GCP vendor recipe for all my gems. It's a long process but I like saving the currency and only using 1 GCP per gem. There may be a couple of gems that don't make sense to 20/20, but I do it anyway. It's nice to have those gems kicking around if you ever respec and such later on.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Oct 16, 2020, 2:47:44 PM
"
Sentry001 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi,

Great build as usual, I have followed your Necro builds for a while now.

I am at level 84 at the moment and destroying everything I come in contact with.

I have put Summon Skeleton and Raise Zombie gems onto my body armour and it works very well.

Also I have two golems which is great.

I've just started doing heist and I'm up to level 71 at the moment with no problems at all.
Awesome Sentry001!

Nice to see you! I'm glad you're having such a good time :). I find this build just great for Heist as well. It's nice to be able to ignore everything but the chests and doors :). Good call adding Skeletons back in the mix. I miss having them around.

Thanks for taking the time to be so kind :)!

Annnnnd

After this last patch things are looking a whole lot better on the PS4 and I might actually be able to play your zombie build after all. I had to step away because the game just wasn't playable on the PS4 from pretty much the start of the league.

Played for last hour and not a crash whereas before I would be lucky to get 20 minutes. It's been a long few weeks but hoping I can now put some quality time into POE again. YAY!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info