[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
Hellzwraith wrote:
SOB I was really looking to play the CHieftain version of your build as Im tired of squishy witches.. Do you think the Chieftain version will still allow me to get into RED maps and maybe more ?? IM sort of casual and wont be trying Mav most likely - if at all...

It will be the exact same as last patch minus 2% regen. So yes, you can do everything in the game with it. Elementalist will just do it faster.

Witch wont be quite as squishy as normal, 5.6k life and a 3k hp Aegis shield. Close to 9k EHP with 75ish% physical reduction, 600 regen, max res of course and even room to max chaos res fairly easy.

You can even go the HC route of elementalist and grab the golem nodes and end up with around 1k regen, 80%+ phys reduction and ailment immunity with no flask needed. DPS will still be higher than Chieftain and just as, if not more tanky.

Plus we have harvest crafting back so getting the needed gear should be somewhat easy, sans uniques of course.

The fact chieftain got a nerf while they made elementalist so strong is crazy.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
SOB I was really looking to play the CHieftain version of your build as Im tired of squishy witches.. Do you think the Chieftain version will still allow me to get into RED maps and maybe more ?? IM sort of casual and wont be trying Mav most likely - if at all...

It will be the exact same as last patch minus 2% regen. So yes, you can do everything in the game with it. Elementalist will just do it faster.

Witch wont be quite as squishy as normal, 5.6k life and a 3k hp Aegis shield. Close to 9k EHP with 75ish% physical reduction, 600 regen, max res of course and even room to max chaos res fairly easy.

You can even go the HC route of elementalist and grab the golem nodes and end up with around 1k regen, 80%+ phys reduction and ailment immunity with no flask needed. DPS will still be higher than Chieftain and just as, if not more tanky.

Plus we have harvest crafting back so getting the needed gear should be somewhat easy, sans uniques of course.

The fact chieftain got a nerf while they made elementalist so strong is crazy.

So do you recommend a guide for ELE build like this? Like i'm really nooby even tho i got 400 hours and i always have trouble following and leveling and starting to gear on new characters esp for builds ive never actually even heard of.
"

So do you recommend a guide for ELE build like this? Like i'm really nooby even tho i got 400 hours and i always have trouble following and leveling and starting to gear on new characters esp for builds ive never actually even heard of.

This version, the chieftain, while not the best discharge build this league is the easiest. You can play discharge much earlier and do not require any uniques to make work. Though, the same ones required for the elementalist build make this one play much smoother. You can still do everything in the game and make currency for something else or to sink into this build.

If you want to try the elementalist version, look up a fireball build and start with that, it will be much easier and probably not require anything. Then once you have leveled up and bought/found the items needed you can switch to discharge.
I'm trying to access the elementalist version of this build but the pastebin is currently unavailable. I get a 404 error while trying to import it in PoB and accessing the pastebin link itself shows this message:

This paste has been deemed potentially harmful. Pastebin took the necessary steps to prevent access on January 13, 2021, 2:20 pm CST. If you feel this is an incorrect assessment, please contact security@pastebin.com within 14 days to avoid any permanent loss of content.

Could you reupload it to another pastebin?

Thanks a ton!
Anyone tell me if I missed it, but how early can you start using Discharge with the new Witch version? As early as getting Blackflame? Or is something else required?
Also any recommendation for what to use before that?

Like I said, if I missed it anywhere just let me know and I never said anything.

Edit : I'm a dumbass, found it. Eye of innocence is damn expensive though
Last edited by ADeadlyDwarf on Jan 18, 2021, 6:40:20 AM
"
richaard0 wrote:
I'm trying to access the elementalist version of this build but the pastebin is currently unavailable. I get a 404 error while trying to import it in PoB and accessing the pastebin link itself shows this message:

This paste has been deemed potentially harmful. Pastebin took the necessary steps to prevent access on January 13, 2021, 2:20 pm CST. If you feel this is an incorrect assessment, please contact security@pastebin.com within 14 days to avoid any permanent loss of content.

Could you reupload it to another pastebin?

Thanks a ton!

Hmm, that should be ironed out now, it works fine for me.

https://pastebin.com/Qj2ALjnf

That is the current PoB.

"
ADeadlyDwarf wrote:
Anyone tell me if I missed it, but how early can you start using Discharge with the new Witch version? As early as getting Blackflame? Or is something else required?
Also any recommendation for what to use before that?

Like I said, if I missed it anywhere just let me know and I never said anything.

Edit : I'm a dumbass, found it. Eye of innocence is damn expensive though

It will come down, last league it was 20c after a week or so. Luckily the fireball version can carry in its own right so you aren't too gimped before switching, just not as fun as full screen purple death.
Just wanted to chime in that this is an incredibly fun build - and I walked through the acts and now in maps- lucky me had an Exalted Orb Drop on my way to Malachai in act4..

Question I have is - Im using Sunspite boots and just got my Mercy Lab done and took Tasalio... Is that gonna kill my ignite regen??? Overall this has really been fun and Ive actually only died 2 times - GLAD I didnt go HC this league...Level 73 and running maps confortably. IM also using a regular Ambus CHarge as the alternate was 3 ex last time I looked in Ritual League...

Thumbs up !!!

In game since Minotaur League..
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
Just wanted to chime in that this is an incredibly fun build - and I walked through the acts and now in maps- lucky me had an Exalted Orb Drop on my way to Malachai in act4..

Question I have is - Im using Sunspite boots and just got my Mercy Lab done and took Tasalio... Is that gonna kill my ignite regen??? Overall this has really been fun and Ive actually only died 2 times - GLAD I didnt go HC this league...Level 73 and running maps confortably. IM also using a regular Ambus CHarge as the alternate was 3 ex last time I looked in Ritual League...

Thumbs up !!!

The normal ambu's doesn't really benefit the build, you want the endurance charge generation from the replica version. a 5l will do.

Also buy a 6l realmshaper, and the prophecy to upgrade it, all in its like 15c for a 6l realm ender. Big dps boost for cheap.

Yes you will lose the regen on sunspite, but that 100 regen isn't much once you have more life and % regen from tree and Kaom's Way. For leveling its nice, but endgame you have 2-3k regen.
Last edited by bodhe on Jan 18, 2021, 5:52:43 PM
Will keep playing and trying to upgrade - Replica Ambus are 2 EX, Eye is also 2 EX, I can get Kaoms rings but I lose a lot of life and resists, but maybe Endurance charges will fix that.. I actually found a 5 link Realmshaper but the recipe to upgrade it isnt even for sale yet this league ...
In game since Minotaur League..
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
Will keep playing and trying to upgrade - Replica Ambus are 2 EX, Eye is also 2 EX, I can get Kaoms rings but I lose a lot of life and resists, but maybe Endurance charges will fix that.. I actually found a 5 link Realmshaper but the recipe to upgrade it isnt even for sale yet this league ...

Sure it is, I bought one for 1c yesterday when I upgraded my 6l to realm ender.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/brKatL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info