[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
Pillsbury wrote:
"
Samedium wrote:
can someone look at my profile and tell me what my discharge-chief is missing?

Hey Dude,

I bet your biggest issue you are having is with charge generations and staying alive.

It is super important to max your endurance charge as soon as you use them because this gives you physical damage reduction (SUPER IMPORTANT) and it gives you insane regeneration probably about 1500-2k when at max endurance. It will also give you elemental resistance too if you need it.

You are going want to pick up an eye of innocence. This is going to damage you when you damage enemies. So when you discharge and hit anything it will proc other skills and passive. What you are looking to do is gain an endurance charge when you are hit. A cheap option to accomplish this is replica Ambu's charge. This may be even better then getting a crafted vest with endurance charge gain on hit. But this is not enough to keep your endurance charge up. I would also recommend taking enduring composure, maybe even 2 of them (i plan to test this out). This way when ever you hit an enemy you will gain 3 endurance charge every second you hit something. I pretty much have at least 5-6 endurance charge ALL the time.

There is another thing to look at, there is a buff from using enduring cry that last like ~3secondish depending on your skills. I strongly recommend looking on the tree/gear for ways to increase the duration or lower the cool down to make sure you can keep casting enduring cry when it comes up.

I recommend changing your helm to Hrimnor's Resolve Samite Helmet and your weapon/shield to Searing Touch. This will increase your damage quite a bit. I also recommend getting rid of the skills going up to elemental equilibrium. This really isnt needed with the curse and wave of conviction firing off and the gems that are already debuffing them. It's a waste of 5 or 6 skill points.

I hope this helps what you were looking for. There's some other things you can do but I think this should solve a lot of your problems that I see you maybe having.

hello
I have no problem that you add to my character with endurance. so I don't need a replica of ambu and the eyes of innocence =\

"
Aschere wrote:
Really like the ambu interaction. Now up to 95 and a complete tank with 3.6M shaper DPS. (7M DPS for clear)

Some things I did differently that I think worked better for me that I would recommend to others:

1) Go with Replica Emberwake instead of second Kaoms. With quality and a perfect roll it has 54% faster damage which is hard to beat for scaling how fast you kill stuff. If you're worried about the 90% reduced you shouldn't be as it is easy to still get a 3sec+ burn. Here are the calculations. The opportunity cost of taking 4xBlowback cluster jewels instead of Replica Emberwake+2xCircling Oblivion+2x Other notable is not worth it:

Spoiler
Awakened unbound is 70% increased duration. Two Circling Oblivion medium cluster jewels is another 50% increased duration. Flammability gives another 10% increased (4% against Shaper due to curse effectiveness). From that alone you're sitting at -90+70+50+4=+34% increased duration for shaper target.

Assume you have 75% faster burn (54% ring, 11% awakened deadly, 10% from holy fire cluster).

Final burn time = 5seconds*1.34/1.75=3.06seconds.

It is very easy to recast discharge every 2-3 seconds.

2) The default build can kill itself. If you go up against a tanky group of mobs such as 100% delerium map the CWDT loop can kill yourself. I solved this by stacking more tankiness with 85% chaos res and it stopped being an issue. If you can get the chaos res on your cluster jewels + Glorious vanity + 8% Phys->Fire helmet like I did below. I stacked max chaos res to 85% (1% from implicit on gloves, 1% from glorious vanity passive, 5% from glorious vanity Xibaqua, 3% from born of chaos). This protects you both against physical damage (18% of it is going to fire resistance and 50% of that is going to chaos resistance) and elemental (50% of it is going to chaos resistance).

3) If you can get an open prefix on your gloves you can craft +1 AOE gems and squeeze a little more out of skitterbots/malevolence. I used to have it, but I needed the crafted dex/int to free up passive points.

4) This build is REALLY weak against single targets like Sirus where you can't easily generate charges on your own. I HIGHLY recommend using a skill for generating charges on your own. The way I did it was put a leveled Armageddon brand in my CWDT link setup. This lets me self-cast it (or precast it before battle starts) to quickly generate charges against a single target where your loop might not be going off. If you put it in the same 6link as your curse it also lets you curse effectively against targets where you aren't getting hit on (e.g. Sirus). This also lets you reliably trigger EO against those single targets and lets you drop orb of storms altogether.

5) As far as annoint goes, PoB it. When I was lower in gear Burning Brutality was better. When I geared up majorly, Vigour became a lot better.

I tried a Kaom version of this as well with the Inexorable node. It didn't work very well. Long story short, recommend Replica Ambu.

And here is my equipment. Note this is probably top of the line gear. I picked up the staff tonight and dropped my searing touch. Only real upgrade left is picking up a good three passive megalomaniac:

Great write up, thanks for this. The inclusion of Armageddon Brand is smart, good stuff.

Question for you. I wasn't around for the uprising of Glorious Vanity, and I see that tons of builds use it now. I've acquired one and tossed it on, with 80% max chaos resistance. My survivability seems... equivalent? Do I need to increase my max resistance even higher to get good results from Glorious Vanity?

I also have a helmet with phys convert to fire, but only at 6% not 8. Still, I guess I feel I should be at least a little bit tankier than I currently am.
https://pastebin.com/NnCB34fP

Having a bit truble deciding where to go next.

Could anyone look over it?

build feels awsome, first time i realy enjoyed going to 90. and still going.
thanks for sharing this build!
Last edited by mortenaa on Oct 21, 2020, 2:53:00 AM
"
Aschere wrote:
Really like the ambu interaction. Now up to 95 and a complete tank with 3.6M shaper DPS. (7M DPS for clear)

Some things I did differently that I think worked better for me that I would recommend to others:

1) Go with Replica Emberwake instead of second Kaoms. With quality and a perfect roll it has 54% faster damage which is hard to beat for scaling how fast you kill stuff. If you're worried about the 90% reduced you shouldn't be as it is easy to still get a 3sec+ burn. Here are the calculations. The opportunity cost of taking 4xBlowback cluster jewels instead of Replica Emberwake+2xCircling Oblivion+2x Other notable is not worth it:

Spoiler
Awakened unbound is 70% increased duration. Two Circling Oblivion medium cluster jewels is another 50% increased duration. Flammability gives another 10% increased (4% against Shaper due to curse effectiveness). From that alone you're sitting at -90+70+50+4=+34% increased duration for shaper target.

Assume you have 75% faster burn (54% ring, 11% awakened deadly, 10% from holy fire cluster).

Final burn time = 5seconds*1.34/1.75=3.06seconds.

It is very easy to recast discharge every 2-3 seconds.

2) The default build can kill itself. If you go up against a tanky group of mobs such as 100% delerium map the CWDT loop can kill yourself. I solved this by stacking more tankiness with 85% chaos res and it stopped being an issue. If you can get the chaos res on your cluster jewels + Glorious vanity + 8% Phys->Fire helmet like I did below. I stacked max chaos res to 85% (1% from implicit on gloves, 1% from glorious vanity passive, 5% from glorious vanity Xibaqua, 3% from born of chaos). This protects you both against physical damage (18% of it is going to fire resistance and 50% of that is going to chaos resistance) and elemental (50% of it is going to chaos resistance).

3) If you can get an open prefix on your gloves you can craft +1 AOE gems and squeeze a little more out of skitterbots/malevolence. I used to have it, but I needed the crafted dex/int to free up passive points.

4) This build is REALLY weak against single targets like Sirus where you can't easily generate charges on your own. I HIGHLY recommend using a skill for generating charges on your own. The way I did it was put a leveled Armageddon brand in my CWDT link setup. This lets me self-cast it (or precast it before battle starts) to quickly generate charges against a single target where your loop might not be going off. If you put it in the same 6link as your curse it also lets you curse effectively against targets where you aren't getting hit on (e.g. Sirus). This also lets you reliably trigger EO against those single targets and lets you drop orb of storms altogether.

5) As far as annoint goes, PoB it. When I was lower in gear Burning Brutality was better. When I geared up majorly, Vigour became a lot better.

I tried a Kaom version of this as well with the Inexorable node. It didn't work very well. Long story short, recommend Replica Ambu.

And here is my equipment. Note this is probably top of the line gear. I picked up the staff tonight and dropped my searing touch. Only real upgrade left is picking up a good three passive megalomaniac:

quick question, how did cast Armageddon brand generate charges?
"
wallypoe wrote:
quick question, how did cast Armageddon brand generate charges?

Eye of Innocence/replica ambu's - Arma brand ignites, which causes you to take hits, which causes replica ambu's to give charges.
chance double damage boost fire-dot?
how stack endurance on solo bosses? like sirus or baran.
(dont say what replica ambu only variant)
"
Samedium wrote:
how stack endurance on solo bosses? like sirus or baran.
(dont say what replica ambu only variant)

You don't need to stack them on bosses. 9 total charges. 6.58s ignite duration. 3.83 Enduring Cry cooldown.

Start fight with full charges, discharge.
Enduring cry +4, +3 from Valako, EC up again +4, discharge. Gain 3 from valako, EC +4, +3 from valako, Discharge. You'll always be at full charges before your ignite has finished with a few seconds to spare.

For maps you want instant charges because you're playing off of Discharges cooldown, for bosses you're playing off of your ignite duration.
Isn't the Cremator notable in the cluster jewel provided in PoB sort of nonbo with our proliferation? Unless we don't care about the prolif, but it seems too good for clearspeed, no?
Modified this build in my way - got rid of Ambus and eye of innocemse. Instead made classic charge generation - Romiras+Volls. Flammability+Wave of convinction+fortify+CWC Cyclone - the whole screen cursed and debuffed. Armageddon brand + CWC Cyclone generates Power charges (6 now) then converted to Endurance (9 now).
Its amazing to do mapping with cyclone!!! Clear speed is insane!! Yesterday killed Shaper with this build.
Current gears -
Last edited by shubutnoi on Oct 26, 2020, 5:41:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info