macOS Official Release Delayed, Experimental Client Available

- My game is now crashing whenever i try to change zones.
- It is also incredibly sluggish (on my MBP- i7, 16GB ram, SSD, Radeon Pro 555 2 GB)

Without *alot* of optimisation i dont think ill be playing on my Mac. Even as a 2ndry while im travelling for some light play i dont think it would be usable.
any news for the official mac release ?

my game won't even install - crash after 27,x Mb Patch.
Has anyone had any success in running on an external monitor? The client launches, and gets to the login screen, I move and manipulate the cursor, resize windows, etc. But it will not accept any button presses from my mouse (neither the external mouse nor the touchpad). It looks like it is successfully processing keyboard entries.

If I move the window back to the built in screen, all works as expected
I am having a different issue with the macOS installer. I can download the Heist patch that brings me to the login screen, but am getting a login error that says "There has been a patch that you need to update to. Please restart Path of Exile," and gives an "unexpected disconnection."

Exiting and rebooting returns the same error, as does uninstalling and re-downloading the patch.
Last edited by Heropythos on Nov 2, 2020, 9:21:00 PM
For me, mac client works pretty smoothly.
The only thing I cannot figure out is how to launch a second client window?
hi there I just wanted to uninstall path of exile I moved folder to trash , but now my SSD still haven't remove files I think because is the same size after I did the install , any clues where the path of exile folder is
It's not even getting past the installer on my end. I click on the application to open it into the installer and it crashes every time and won't open.
First of all, coming back to the game after some years, I can't tell you how thankful I am to find this thread.

With the next gen of machines coming out for Apple 2021 I expect to see an uptick in graphics capable machines that can run POE that aren't stupidly expensive.

Installer is working

- some feedback on the CDN (54mbs US West) on a 400mb connection, may need to seed to a CDN on West Coast.

Redfnx - Moonrise Conspiracy (MRC) Hardcore ONLY
Is the download link broken for anyone else?

EDIT: The link worked when I deliberately opened it in a new tab.
Last edited by HydraFortyTwo on Nov 6, 2020, 11:27:43 PM
It crashes at the luncher and when i run the code in terminal it says that Path of Exile could not be found any idea how to fix it?
Last edited by VoidMao on Nov 7, 2020, 2:12:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info