[3.12] Spark / Crackling Lance Inquisitor - New Player Friendly Guide - League Starter

"
gvarph wrote:
"
Scary3074 wrote:
"
gvarph wrote:
I feel like the crackling lance needs the Intensify passive, but cool build none the less!

It is pretty early to judge still. Unfortunately, it's 8 passive points on my tree to get to Intensity.

Could be gotten from a anoint. 4 intensity is 46% more damage compared to 3 intensity stacks if I'm counting correctly

Very well may be the right upgrade on the anoint. It's currently longshot but if we are focusing on Crackling Lance, Intensify would be good there.
"
eLbotz wrote:
"
SakTapNinja wrote:
Getting an error when importing in PoB too for the experimental and current version of build as well as the one in the comments, I've checked for updates already, any ideas?

I got it working in the community fork of PoB. Was driving me nuts to keep getting errors.

@Scary3074 I saw that Ziz did a CL Hierophant build for 3.12 - i am not versed enough to know the difference between Inquisitor builds and Hiero. Any insight on why this build may be a better option?

Hierophant is good with Totems. I haven't played much there so I can't make too many smart comments about it. Totems are good to draw attacks and would allow you to stay stationary and fire CL at full intensity. I imagine that's the attractiveness to the build.
Alright thanks! I'm going to roll with this build, so excited to see you refine it as the league goes on.
One question - should we be using your experimental build or the one you have posted in the first line?
"
eLbotz wrote:
One question - should we be using your experimental build or the one you have posted in the first line?

The main build (with photos of the tree... the bulk of this post) is a tried and true formula. If CL turns out to not be very good, this build allows you to go with Storm Brand and have it be playable.

If you want to roll the dice a bit and lean towards CL being good... go experimental. So far I really like what I've played with the progression so far. I might whip up some pictures to help guide players on passive tree skill order.

Personally I'm going experimental. I believe in the build that much.
"
Scary3074 wrote:
"
eLbotz wrote:

The main build (with photos of the tree... the bulk of this post) is a tried and true formula. If CL turns out to not be very good, this build allows you to go with Storm Brand and have it be playable.

If you want to roll the dice a bit and lean towards CL being good... go experimental. So far I really like what I've played with the progression so far. I might whip up some pictures to help guide players on passive tree skill order.

Personally I'm going experimental. I believe in the build that much.

I went back and made a quick passive tree map in the experimental section to give you an idea of what I think I'm going to do.
any chance you can explain your strategy for noobs like me? I'm going to try out the experimental build but not sure what the differences are
"
eLbotz wrote:
any chance you can explain your strategy for noobs like me? I'm going to try out the experimental build but not sure what the differences are

Sure — I recommend you look at the experimental tree photo vs the lvl 75 tree photo in the post. The experimental build goes away from life nodes near Glancing Blows and the center-right of the total passive tree to focus points on nodes with greater spell damage. The lost life points are recouped in areas closer to the newer damage nodes. The build also picks up some big damage nodes for elemental and lightning damage it didn’t have before. I’m general, I dropped 10% of the life for 30-40% increased DPS starting around the beginning of Act 4 (about the time CL is available).

I admit the picture is busy, but follow the rainbow and it should scale you through the acts. Some nodes are ordered in a specific way to get your dexterity high enough for certain skills as well as making sure you’re ready for the Spark unique jewel.
"
Scary3074 wrote:
"
eLbotz wrote:

Sure — I recommend you look at the experimental tree photo vs the lvl 75 tree photo in the post. The experimental build goes away from life nodes near Glancing Blows and the center-right of the total passive tree to focus points on nodes with greater spell damage. The lost life points are recouped in areas closer to the newer damage nodes. The build also picks up some big damage nodes for elemental and lightning damage it didn’t have before. I’m general, I dropped 10% of the life for 30-40% increased DPS starting around the beginning of Act 4 (about the time CL is available).

I admit the picture is busy, but follow the rainbow and it should scale you through the acts. Some nodes are ordered in a specific way to get your dexterity high enough for certain skills as well as making sure you’re ready for the Spark unique jewel.

No that makes sense! Just wondering if there's any health or defensive concerns given this league's mechanics will require some tankiness when escaping. Is spark required if we're going CL?
I will definitely look into it ! I'll probably start as an assassin and if it doesn't work I'll switch to Inquisitor. I hope Crackling lance will be dope in the first week, I don't want to be disappointed 🤣

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info