Heist Skill Reveal: Area-Control Spells

Gotta love the constant cries of "muh speed meta, bad gems, kekw lulz ggg tencent bad" that get thrown around every league.

These new skills are great, GGG. Keep it up!
Nice!
Flame wall is my favorite so far. :)
"
Alongside the introduction of six new spells, we've reworked Discharge and Glacial Cascade.

Blazing Salvo, Void Sphere, Flame Wall, Frost Shield and Sigil of Power makes 5. Which means there's one unrevealed spell to come! :O And it looks like they've updated Lightning Warp to be usable! O.O

GGG so desperately wants us all to stop whizzing through maps with Cyclone or Blade Vortex lol! :D Not that I've a problem with that, I find those playstyles uninteresting myself. :) So let's see here -

Void Sphere (great!) - I LOVE that we now finally have a way to pull those damn Delve monsters in the darkness into the light (outside of a certain vaal skill, or reverse knockback shenanigans)! Seriously, this'll make Delve so much less of a pain for those of us who don't make dedicated Delve builds. :D Also it provides Hinder, corpse removal and apparently is meant to be good enough for triggering on-hit effects (so replacing Orb of Storms / Storm Brand). I see this as an all-out win!

Frost Shield (great!) - aka the replacement for Frost Wall, and superior version of Arctic Armor (seriously, old AA had a purpose, new AA sucks!). :D Hopefully it doesn't require too much energy shield to work, and so is usable on non-ES focused builds as well. Btw, I love the freezing effect it has on our ES pools - nice touch! <3 And to top it all off, it also provides bonus crit. Awesome! :DDD

Sigil of Power (good) - What's with lightning getting all the added damage? First Archmage and Arcane Cloak, now this?! Well, at least lightning is second in the damage conversion chain and so can be converted into all the other types ('cept physical). Anyway, this one seems more offensively focused, which means it'll mainly be used by lightning casters or archers for more damage (as if they needed that lul) as well as by lightning melee builds for both damage and defense (no caster or archer is gonna stand toe to toe with a boss lol).

Flame Wall (decent) - Purely offensive skill. This is also the only one that looks like it can be used as its own build, by making a fire field with it - though it kinda overlaps with Fire Trap for that role. The three builds that'll use this would be fire projectile builds (for added damage), burning builds (for more burn) and any build that benefits from enemies being burning (for instance, for Immolate). But why isn't that wall be in a straight line?!

However, GGG also seem to want us to play tactically by using these new area skills, but I predict they'll simply be used on Cast When Damage Taken most of the time. But now there's way too many things we'd all want to have on our Cast When Damage Taken setups! :(

Here's my list -

Void Sphere (hinder, corpse removal, triggering on-hit effects)

Frost Shield (shielding, added crit)

Cold Snap (frenzy charge generation, chilled ground)

Purifying Flame (regen ground, added crit)

Wave of Conviction / Frost Bomb (Exposure)

Golem of choice (they die so easily that only this keeps them around)

With your Guard skill of choice on left-click (replacing move), and Warcry of choice manually casted (only cos they can't be triggered). And Decoy bro-tem. Never be without your trusty Decoy bro-tem. Manual.

That's like two entire 4-links of CWDT just to fit all the stuff in! :/

Other people might have other skills they'd like using as well, such as Frost Wall or Orb of Storms / Storm Brand (I'm hoping Frost Shield and Void Sphere respectively are good enough to replace them, else this'd be an even longer list...)
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 9, 2020, 2:38:50 AM
Btw isnt for ages poe was about running in circles like bunny while hoping to tank one boss hit?

Unless its possible to cover larger area with the skill (are affect scalling) and last long (duration) all of them are going to be quickly dropped. As many mentioned above, unless you ve invested into crazy tanky build 1/2s in one spot means instant death.

Also we will see the numbers but showcased build could not even zap goat in few s i wonder which tier of map +mods if any that was.

My two cents, looks good as everything looks before league starts, we will see how it might fit into spicy red maps.

Remember folks dead monsters deal 0 damage.

Beauty
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░ We Miss U Le Toucan
Very nice.
Those complaining about not zoomzooming fast enough have zero imagination at all. I see a good number of uses of these. Not to ruin all the complainging, but end point of delve enounters? yum. I won't ruin any more for those that can't look passed their noses.
Last edited by kramuti on Sep 9, 2020, 2:23:04 AM
These spells look cool. To bad we don't have a Tornado Spell like the Sharknado XD
new movement skill in the video if you did not see it
Thanks ggg, finally the game is pushed into a more slow and controlled direction, i will love those new spells!

The whining from the sc players with their 4k hp and no layered defenses about getting hit while standing still is glorious XD
Last edited by Hans_Rudi on Sep 9, 2020, 2:42:05 AM
well they look pretty cool and unique. But i doubt how much they will actually get used, both due to speedy gameplay and disincentive of standing in a narrow field, and this is without consider socket starvation in many builds.

I am definetly gonna try them out though.
Last edited by Midkraft on Sep 9, 2020, 2:36:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info