Path of Exile: Heist Teasers

"
Antigegner wrote:
Those replica items are such a lazy idea, it's pathetic....

There is so much trash in the game that could be revived (yes, especially items!) that it could hype people just like those ultra uncreative replica items apparently do. But instead of reducing the overall trash...we get more trash...and even less creative trash....they didn't even have to make new unique item designs this time...saved money there.

I think the alternate uniques are actually amazing in the sense that there have always been niche builds who needed 1 or 2 things to be different to make the item work for the build, and now those items will offer up that variety to expand the build horizon. Instead of looking at the glass as half empty and being pessimistic, just think of the possibilities being created by having alternate ways to play with each unique. I for one think there will be alot of builds that find niche ways to use the reworked uniques and that it will be alot of fun, rather than there just being a 5 build meta that everyone decides to follow. the only downside i see to it is SSF players who will have more things thrown at them to make them wanna change their build or level a new toon, cough cough raizqt
Replica Headhunter incoming
I started the hoho movement.

Moderators are absurd.
"
Torrenz wrote:
bricked shroud seems terrible at a glance

if they make some extremely busted replica abyss helmets that make spirit charges good then that's a different story

This. They shouldnt have ever reduced the projectile speed of light poacher.
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

There is so much trash in the game that could be revived (yes, especially items!) that it could hype people just like those ultra uncreative replica items apparently do. But instead of reducing the overall trash...we get more trash...and even less creative trash....they didn't even have to make new unique item designs this time...saved money there.

I think the alternate uniques are actually amazing in the sense that there have always been niche builds who needed 1 or 2 things to be different to make the item work for the build, and now those items will offer up that variety to expand the build horizon. Instead of looking at the glass as half empty and being pessimistic, just think of the possibilities being created by having alternate ways to play with each unique. I for one think there will be alot of builds that find niche ways to use the reworked uniques and that it will be alot of fun, rather than there just being a 5 build meta that everyone decides to follow. the only downside i see to it is SSF players who will have more things thrown at them to make them wanna change their build or level a new toon, cough cough raizqt

The glass was half full for the first 6 years ;-)

You know, what you are saying is actually, to quite some extent, my point. But why do it with the idea of Replicas? There are enough trash items in the game that could be improved instead.

They announced a rework of many unique items just recently and that rework was not good at all. And now replicas....Why not do a better job in the first place? That would get people hyped as much as replicas do. Failed the rework and calling it replicas now...tsss.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Sep 8, 2020, 10:19:08 PM
Can you use a gemcutters prism to up the quality of an alternate quality gems just like you would a normal gem? Or will there be special currency item added to do this.
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

The glass was half full for the first 6 years ;-)

You know, what you are saying is actually, to quite some extent, my point. But why do it with the idea of Replicas? There are enough trash items in the game that could be improved instead.

They announced a rework of many unique items just recently and that rework was not good at all. And now replicas....Why not do a better job in the first place? That would get people hyped as much as replicas do. Failed the rework and calling it replicas now...tsss.

Tbh you just sound ungrateful. for a free to play game that is constantly pumping out new leagues every few months, and developing a new game at the same time, they do quite well. Rather than complain about things like this, just be grateful that they're consistently putting out content and leagues, even through the middle of a pandemic. I get that they're not perfect, but damn they sure do a lot for us even as a free to play model.
"
Antigegner wrote:
They announced a rework of many unique items just recently and that rework was not good at all. And now replicas....Why not do a better job in the first place? That would get people hyped as much as replicas do.

People seem pretty hyped as it is, so your 'advice' seems wrongheaded. You may think the replica idea is no good, but kindly don't try speaking for everyone.
"
MustangFIA wrote:
Can you use a gemcutters prism to up the quality of an alternate quality gems just like you would a normal gem? Or will there be special currency item added to do this.

Gemcutters. It's still quality, only the bonus said quality gives has changed.
So far the replica's are looking pretty amazing for the new functionality they are introducing. "the whole is not the sum of the parts" and a lot of these 'new' uniques will enable entire builds by introducing mechanics/options that didn't exist previously.
The Journalist looks cool. Nice card finally something we can get decently through gameplay. Not like other special cards seeing one of these each league. Good job on that whoever created that one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info