[3.11] Brutus' Double Donk Lightning Strike and Smite! [11m DPS Chieftain]

Pros:
+Tanky, 6k life, 5 endurance charges, permentant fortify, a lot of phys taken as fire, 2k leech a second, instant enduring cry, 50% attack block from Iron Fortress.
+High damage, reaching up to 8mil in this version, without the use of Vaal Lightning Strike.
+Brutus' Lead Sprinkler is cheap, even the corrupted version with power charge on crit.
+Has surprisingly good clear without any pierce/chain/fork once you have enough attack speed.
+Small degree of shotgunning, melee and projectile hitting for big damage other skills can't get.
+Can easily swap in whatever other skill you want to use.
+Strength gear is really cheap compared to other gear.
+Cheap investment Watcher's Eye.
+Many ways to push the damage with Strength and cluster jewels.
+Easy accuracy stacking with a Warlord helmet.
+Immune to Stun, Chill, Freeze, Ignite and Burning Ground without any flasks.
+Vaal Lightning Strike helps out with any encounter giving you an extra 50% more damage and has very few souls to use so you'll be spamming it whenever you want to.
+Could be done as a league starter.
+Extremely smooth leveling.

Cons:
-No 3D art for Sprinkler.
-Need to position yourself really well to get the overlap when using Smite.
-Requires a few attack speed jewels with 15% or more attack speed to start feeling good.
-Requires a bunch of set up while doing bosses. Use Immortal Call, drop down totems, drop down Vaal Lightning Strike, activate Blood Rage and drop down Arcanist Brand. Can be kinda hard to do it correctly in stressful situation.
-Will have to invest into accuracy while leveling.
-Can't do ele reflect, can do phys reflect with the Pantheon.
-I'm not running a flask with Bleed Immunity so I am using a Corrupting Blood Immunity jewel that might be pricy.
-Rolling your own Timeless Jewel can be a pain.

Videos:
Spoiler

The 8 second T15 Veritania
https://gfycat.com/wearyidioticeastrussiancoursinghounds
T14 Drox fight
https://youtu.be/QPJ4xD2Rj1I

Smite T15 Al Hezmin kill
https://gfycat.com/frailsatisfiedguernseycow

Preview of the auto targetting
https://gfycat.com/menacinggranddeinonychus

Smite Clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ri7EF8qCE&lc=Ugw07i7HXYX1PhCJUvh4AaABAg

Introduction and Cluster Jewels:
Spoiler

This build is based around the Brutus' Lead Sprinkler Strength stacking interaction.
We want to get as much Strength as possible and get those big hits. We stack a lot of Strength off of our gear and get % increased Strength and attributes to push it to the fullest. Maces got a big buff a while ago and going crit with them is not impossible but it's still fairly annoying. Attack speed is also rare for maces too sadly enough. You will need both crit strike chance and multi off of gear since the doesn't provide too much of that.

Lightning Strike itself hits twice if you have ancestral call, or in our case the gloves with the modifier ''Strike Skills Target 1 Additional Nearby Target''. You can also allocate Tribal Fury but that doesn' feel as nice, especailly since we don't need anything else on gloves other than that.

Smite follows a similar fashion, however we just do not use point blank saving us two points. It however requires more positioning for the big hits.

First the melee hit with the ancestral call and then the projectile off of our hits also connects. The damage on the PoB only says 5.3mil but that also includes the 3mil from the point blank projectile.

The Cluster Jewel you're looking for is a 8 passive Large Cluster Jewel with Maco Or Sceptre Attacks deal 12% increased damage. You want it to be at least item level 75 so you could roll Overlord on it, it's the primary mod we're looking for. It grants us permenant fortify, if you can get any attack speed related passives on it too.

While this jewel is not ideal by any means it wouldn't be the worst option.

Content Viability:
Spoiler

You can roll over all content easily. Avoid ele reflect maps and you should never die.

Gear:
Spoiler

Stat priority for rare gear:
Helmet:
Gain Accuracy equal to your Strength
Strength
Lightning Strike Damage/Projectiles enchant
Life
Crit multiplier
Phys taken as fire
Resistances if needed

Gloves:
Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby enemy
Strength
Attack Speed
Life
Accuracy Rating %
Resistances

Amulet:
1% increased damage per 15 Strength
% increased strength
Strength
Critical Strike Multiplier
Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
Fire Pen

Boots:
% increased Strength
Strength
Life
Movement Speed
Tailwind if possible

Rings:
Strength
Life
Resists
Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
-x mana cost of skills

POB:
Spoiler

Lightning Strike
https://pastebin.com/4yW2buU0
Keep in mind that you need to count in both melee hit and projectile damage for the calculation because you'll hit both the strike and the projectile if you stand in the correction position and use Strike Skills Target an Additional Target

Smite
https://pastebin.com/nEyDVGh0
When overlapping hits this will hit twice doing 1.8x the damage PoB shows. So it would be closer to 11.5m rather than the 6.4m it shows.

Gem Links:
Spoiler

Chest for Lightning Strike:

Chest for Smite:

If you can't get a 6 link just drop Fire Pen. Blood Rage allows us to keep our Energy Leech permenantly active since we are always leeching ES and losing it from BD.

With Call to Arms you can put Enduring Cry onto your left click.

Any 3 link:

Another 3 link:

Any 4 link:

Another 4 link:

Another 4 link:

Bandit:
Spoiler

Alira

Watcher's Eye:
Spoiler

To start off you only need Cri Multi with Anger, anything else is entirely optional.
I grabbed attack speed because it felt like I wanted more. You can grab increased attack damage with precision on if you want or go for an Anger multi/pen eye.

Amulet Allocation:
Spoiler

Rampart

Flasks:
Spoiler

Pantheon:
Spoiler

Soul of Solaris
Soul of Abbearth

Leveling:
Spoiler

Brutus leveling is fairly simple, grab an astramentis if you can and a BLS at 28 and start pathing for strength nodes and life, ignore crit and jewel sockets and the cluster jewel until 68.

Cluster Jewels and Jewels:
Spoiler

On your regular jewels the priority is attack speed, maces need attack speed to feel fine since they get none from the tree.

Wall of Muscle is just nice easy to get damage and life, 2 points for a large amount of damage we were getting.

For your timeless jewel you want Lethal Pride with 5% increased Strength and 10% chance to intimidate on hit. Anything else is a bonus. If you don't want to spend too much money on rerelling you'll be fine with 5% Strength and 20 Strength.

Other builds:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2831172
Last edited by relosa on Aug 15, 2020, 4:26:16 PM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2020, 11:23:04 AM
interested, wish to have more video for map clear and some more end game bosses,
would give it a try
"
nglengjai wrote:
interested, wish to have more video for map clear and some more end game bosses,
would give it a try

Added a bunch of videos to show the build in action.
what about Ascendancy? what sequence do you recommend?
"
pedrov22 wrote:
what about Ascendancy? what sequence do you recommend?

Keep Valako's for last, it's the least important and most conditional.
Other than that, do as you want as long as you have Tasalio's at level 68 when you start regearing for end game.
hi,
Well first I'm not very good with English, but come on, I'm doing your build and I'm having trouble surviving, I already have all the teams mentioned with the mentioned statuses I have 1,336 str and 4,800 life you can check my items in my account, but I don’t know what to do more to survive, I feel too much role and inferior to the other dolls.
"
hi,
Well first I'm not very good with English, but come on, I'm doing your build and I'm having trouble surviving, I already have all the teams mentioned with the mentioned statuses I have 1,336 str and 4,800 life you can check my items in my account, but I don’t know what to do more to survive, I feel too much role and inferior to the other dolls.

You'll need make your character visible first.
You can do so like this.

Log into pathofexile.com and go to your account page by clicking your username in the top left. On the right hand side click on privacy settings and untick the box labeled "hide characters tab".
are you free to see there, can you have access to check the items?

In Cluster Jewel, you mention Feed the Fury ... but if I put this prefix in the gem instead of Feed the Fury put Full the Fight, because if I put the fight, the doll has no mana to cast spells, with Full the Fight he can unleash magic freely ... Another thing I'm confused about is Feed the Fury, how can I put it because since we don't use life potion that would be very good,
but the mana would be missing, what do I do to recover the mana to be able to use it?
"

In Cluster Jewel, you mention Feed the Fury ... but if I put this prefix in the gem instead of Feed the Fury put Full the Fight, because if I put the fight, the doll has no mana to cast spells, with Full the Fight he can unleash magic freely ... Another thing I'm confused about is Feed the Fury, how can I put it because since we don't use life potion that would be very good,
but the mana would be missing, what do I do to recover the mana to be able to use it?

I can see it now, yeah.
I see that a bunch of stuff you have doesn't have life or has low life.
For that you can use harvest crafting to add life and use add life remove life.
For the mana issues I would just drop precision to level 1. Anything above level 1 doesn't do much in this build.
Fuel the Fight is correct because it adds attack speed and mana leach, saves us a node and gives a bunch of damage.
Last edited by relosa on Aug 19, 2020, 5:00:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info