Patch Notes 3.11.1f Preview

You wouldn't if you'd ever played it.
Crafting options, yes: they remove some of the RNG from the RNG-fest. Not enough, and it's poorly done so crafting is still a grind, but some.

The garden however has no redeeming features. Buying pointless equipment, tiers of seeds in random colours with stupid level limits, only being able to save a very limited number of crafting mods once after jumping through all kinds of hoops, and having to buy special extra junk to store them... spikes on a light switch, all of it.

(And if you don't get the reference you shouldn't be commenting on game design.) [/quote]

Absolutely false the only reason you have lvl restrictions on crafts is to avoid Harbour Bridge seed farming abuse. All this managing of having to craft expensive tanks/horitcracfting stations is to slow down the mechanic progress because once you hit 1-2 weeks in you're full of 5k tanks and infinite storage of crafts all you need to do is plant and map.(deepends on your play time)

If you people can't realize how INSANE and OP harvest crafts are and how dangerously close it makes POE to Diablo 3 you should not be saying it should go core at all. The crafts completely cut down character progress time to the point that you don't care about any item you find because it will never be better than crafting one from 0 using harvest crafts. Surely current crafting is garbage compared to this but it's definitely not the way, no one wants an ARPG that you can be done with a character in 1week, where everyone have the same items because it's that easy to craft them.

Chris said this was an experiment league in Baeclast, they want to rework itemization in POE 2 and this will weight heavily on that. But don't expect harvest to go core at all the way it is. It's too easy, too powerful.

If this league goes core as is, in every league within 2weeks time everyone would have perfect gear just like Diablo 3 and it won't be fun to play anymore.

And I say all that not because I'm the 0,01% player that farms hundreds of exalts every league. You can look up my past league characters, find me one that have >30ex item socketed, you won't because the way I play is I create 1 character with a decent non-meta skill that you can boss and map, do 36-40 challenges and be done with the league. If you look at my character this league it's the complete opposite, every single item socketed if you linked me every other league I'd say, that's fucking insane. Now I have 100ex sitting on my stash because I've crafted every single socketed item in my character and it's pointless trying to change anything. You can kill bosses and do anything having 0 skill and knowledge this league, your items will carry you. I have a guy in my guild that started playing this league and is already lvl 97... His FIRST character ever is 97! I had not lvled a character past 95 ever before this league with 5k hours+ played and I bet you the average player hasn't too. If you can't see how insane that is. And can't see what a boring ARPG you want POE to become please re think because you probably haven't played enough of this league to realize it yet.

I really love having the chance to experience what it's like to have 0.00001% gear, but that can't be the normal stat of the game.

That's definitely not the POE I want at least. [/quote]

They wanna make us fullfil our stashes with crafted gears,so that we gonna need to buy new ones, dont you get it guys? That`s a bussiness strategy. Think a bit. Delve bringed fossils, after a few patches they added stash for it, metamorph, the same, the crafting league will do the same, ppl greedy for ex incomes will start craft items for selling and they gonna be forced to buy premium stashes for this, so who gonna get advantage ? GGG and tencent...
still no assailum fix... assailum's arrow does fire above your cursor when shot horizontally
"
japaloco wrote:
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
"
Varana wrote:

You wouldn't if you'd ever played it.
Crafting options, yes: they remove some of the RNG from the RNG-fest. Not enough, and it's poorly done so crafting is still a grind, but some.

The garden however has no redeeming features. Buying pointless equipment, tiers of seeds in random colours with stupid level limits, only being able to save a very limited number of crafting mods once after jumping through all kinds of hoops, and having to buy special extra junk to store them... spikes on a light switch, all of it.

(And if you don't get the reference you shouldn't be commenting on game design.)

I have to agree with this.

I like the fact that you can craft some cool stuff on items occasionally.
But when you engage into it and realize all those restrictions and how it actually works...

This is yet another example of how GGG made a full time job out of what could have been a fun and easy to manage and engage into league.

Absolutely false the only reason you have lvl restrictions on crafts is to avoid Harbour Bridge seed farming abuse. All this managing of having to craft expensive tanks/horitcracfting stations is to slow down the mechanic progress because once you hit 1-2 weeks in you're full of 5k tanks and infinite storage of crafts all you need to do is plant and map.(deepends on your play time)

If you people can't realize how INSANE and OP harvest crafts are and how dangerously close it makes POE to Diablo 3 you should not be saying it should go core at all. The crafts completely cut down character progress time to the point that you don't care about any item you find because it will never be better than crafting one from 0 using harvest crafts. Surely current crafting is garbage compared to this but it's definitely not the way, no one wants an ARPG that you can be done with a character in 1week, where everyone have the same items because it's that easy to craft them.

Chris said this was an experiment league in Baeclast, they want to rework itemization in POE 2 and this will weight heavily on that. But don't expect harvest to go core at all the way it is. It's too easy, too powerful.

If this league goes core as is, in every league within 2weeks time everyone would have perfect gear just like Diablo 3 and it won't be fun to play anymore.

And I say all that not because I'm the 0,01% player that farms hundreds of exalts every league. You can look up my past league characters, find me one that have >30ex item socketed, you won't because the way I play is I create 1 character with a decent non-meta skill that you can boss and map, do 36-40 challenges and be done with the league. If you look at my character this league it's the complete opposite, every single item socketed if you linked me every other league I'd say, that's fucking insane. Now I have 100ex sitting on my stash because I've crafted every single socketed item in my character and it's pointless trying to change anything. You can kill bosses and do anything having 0 skill and knowledge this league, your items will carry you. I have a guy in my guild that started playing this league and is already lvl 97... His FIRST character ever is 97! I had not lvled a character past 95 ever before this league with 5k hours+ played and I bet you the average player hasn't too. If you can't see how insane that is. And can't see what a boring ARPG you want POE to become please re think because you probably haven't played enough of this league to realize it yet.

I really love having the chance to experience what it's like to have 0.00001% gear, but that can't be the normal stat of the game.

That's definitely not the POE I want at least.

I think there's a world in which Harvest can go core in all its broken glory, and that's a world in which content is rebalanced around it.

Shaper HP up from 60-something million to a billion or so (he'd still be accessible to middle tier endgame players, they'd just need to learn Harvest first).

Trash in upper red maps would need HP multiplied by 10 or so.

Not sure I like the sound of that world, but it's the only way to incorporate Harvest power creep without removing the fun from the game by making everything super easy.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
Rekt_that wrote:
"the team has been working really hard on those and has made some good progress"

That made me laugh

Me too. Working hard on a checkbox to disable? I hope....until then, looks like no playtime for me.
i love the harvest craft but i don't care about the garden, harvest is the first league i played after abyss, all the 9 leagues in between didn't catch my attention.. but a whole new craft system? targeted annuls? targeted exalteds... holy shit im having so much fun, i hope it goes core so i can enjoy the craft in standard until they release another league that will change enough gameplay for me to play.
I miss harvest, 36/40 never forget.
Mirror drop - Strand clear speed meta legacy league month "5"
Mirror drop - Canyon casual farming harby ultimatum league month "1"
now i'm a main standard league player.
league content on standard when? GGG! show us some love.
Please let this being core , may nerf some craft if need. Or think about a new way of crafting for next league
Atleast with this league I can actually craft something I want, not just buying
everything from trade site.
Not that everyone (I find that most of people i chat with in global is already have jobs, not student) can spend 3-4 hour per day constantly to farm and get all those require currency for crafting.
I hope harvest goes core. First time enjoying crafting!
I've lost to date about 80 exalts of seeds and blossom charges because of the lag while fighting T4 Blisterfruits. Can you please spend a few moments to run some tests on T4 harvests and how the lag might be an issue for some people? I am not alone in this. I only crash if I run zana mod for quant added to rarity and winged scarab which drops to much loot for my PC to handle again I am not alone in this issue. Please consider fixing the lag in harvest, one way would be to dysn the attacks the monsters do by having a tiny delay of when they become active. Right now I click my T4 harvest, 24 monsters spit at me and an incredible lag happens, it's so bad I can barely attack. If I survive this first 3 seconds of hideous lag, I can actually stand a chance and cast my EK aurastacker.
I am really wondering about the point of this preview. Those are pretty much only bugfixes and why would it possibly take weeks to deploy them? Theres either more going on in this one or its just supposed to tell us "we didnt abandon harvest yet, look".
"
Fixed a bug which caused black boxes to sometimes be rendered on top of objects.

I am so waiting on this fix, when is this patch coming? it's literally the one fix I am waiting for in this league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info