[3.16]Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-AxeVersion- (Melee is dead)

"
HeroEvermore wrote:
Here is a relink of my main.

https://pastebin.com/bGG9Kg4L

With PoB updates this is actually a 17mil shaper dps build now not 14mil.

For those wondering about the more expensive aura cost. We can enlighten our buffs. We have the gem slots. Just put auras in weapon and do the 3 warcries+and second wind in helmet instead.

I was going to test Cast on Crit Frostbomb with the build this season but that's getting nerfed. (still some viable cold resist reduction)

This build remains extremely stable every league because no cluster jewels or cheesy gimmicks.

The main nerf we got is Seismic Cry losing 10% of its exerted damage. Not horrible, maybe they did this because it was pretty much every slam builds "go to".

Thank you for reply and for great work

I am new player and you are the most easy to understand by far from all

I play a molten strike snb jugg as my first caracter , 2 weeks since i started and i am farming T8 maps

I not like cluster jewel setups too

I love ice crash ! Was love at first site when i saw your video haha

Gone go for your build in 3.14 and let you know how it goes

One question , where you get the “ enlighten” support gem ? I have search lily roth and all merchants with gems and i cant seem to find it

Thank you for all your work again

Kind regards

"
1821 wrote:
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
Here is a relink of my main.

https://pastebin.com/bGG9Kg4L

With PoB updates this is actually a 17mil shaper dps build now not 14mil.

For those wondering about the more expensive aura cost. We can enlighten our buffs. We have the gem slots. Just put auras in weapon and do the 3 warcries+and second wind in helmet instead.

I was going to test Cast on Crit Frostbomb with the build this season but that's getting nerfed. (still some viable cold resist reduction)

This build remains extremely stable every league because no cluster jewels or cheesy gimmicks.

The main nerf we got is Seismic Cry losing 10% of its exerted damage. Not horrible, maybe they did this because it was pretty much every slam builds "go to".

Thank you for reply and for great work

I am new player and you are the most easy to understand by far from all

I play a molten strike snb jugg as my first caracter , 2 weeks since i started and i am farming T8 maps

I not like cluster jewel setups too

I love ice crash ! Was love at first site when i saw your video haha

Gone go for your build in 3.14 and let you know how it goes

One question , where you get the “ enlighten” support gem ? I have search lily roth and all merchants with gems and i cant seem to find it

Thank you for all your work again

Kind regards

Thanks I over explain a lot in the guide so newer players can understand why it's setup the way it is. Welcome to the game, be patient with learning because it's super in depth as I am sure you've noticed!

Enlighten is only a dropped gem. You will have to find one, which drops anywhere in game, or you can purchase it off trade.
Hey friend, a little confused on if your recommendation for the gloves is still Oskarm (shown in your current PoB) or Surgebinders (mentioned as the 3.12+ upgrade)?
"
lGuillianl wrote:
Hey friend, a little confused on if your recommendation for the gloves is still Oskarm (shown in your current PoB) or Surgebinders (mentioned as the 3.12+ upgrade)?

Surgebinders until you can craft some better rare gloves. Oskarms got a bad nerf a few seasons ago.
I checked the pob of your character IceCrashGodOfToucan, shaper DPS shows very low in pob
Last edited by Elloktrik on Apr 19, 2021, 9:54:25 AM
Hi,

I really was thrilled to try your build since in past Leagues I have played pretyt Meta things and I came back from a long break of POE and was looking for something aside the Mainstream when I stumbled across your post.

I am in Act 9 now and really struggling with Survivability. Especially the slow attack is giving me a hard time since until it hits it feels like packs of ranged enemys will grill me.
Also I am just able to do one Cry when in a pack (despite Leap slamming into it) before I die.
Ultimatums are also a no no at the moment.
I am pretty fine with the Damage output but that doesn't help much when I keep gettign roasted so fast :/

Resistances are capped and I am running Hatred and Herald of Ice.
Also have a CWDT setup in place.

Do you have any tips? Would be super helpful.

Thanks and best!

Edit: I just completed the first two Labs and with the Ascendys it seems to have imrpoved by alot! But Ranged Enemys are still a problem.

Despite that two questions:
Is the Marauder Version Endgameviable or would you say the Duelist/Slayer Version outperforms it?
Which gear upgrade I would aim for?
Last edited by Chaoskn1ght on Apr 21, 2021, 4:44:53 AM
"
Chaoskn1ght wrote:
Hi,

I really was thrilled to try your build since in past Leagues I have played pretyt Meta things and I came back from a long break of POE and was looking for something aside the Mainstream when I stumbled across your post.

I am in Act 9 now and really struggling with Survivability. Especially the slow attack is giving me a hard time since until it hits it feels like packs of ranged enemys will grill me.
Also I am just able to do one Cry when in a pack (despite Leap slamming into it) before I die.
Ultimatums are also a no no at the moment.
I am pretty fine with the Damage output but that doesn't help much when I keep gettign roasted so fast :/

Resistances are capped and I am running Hatred and Herald of Ice.
Also have a CWDT setup in place.

Do you have any tips? Would be super helpful.

Thanks and best!

Edit: I just completed the first two Labs and with the Ascendys it seems to have imrpoved by alot! But Ranged Enemys are still a problem.

Despite that two questions:
Is the Marauder Version Endgameviable or would you say the Duelist/Slayer Version outperforms it?
Which gear upgrade I would aim for?

Make sure to Ice Crash before you warcry after leap slamming into packs. Never jump in and warcry because you're not leeching from ice crash and then you die. I wrote a guide on the characters skill rotation on page 1 and how to combo properly for max dmg.

The jugg version is way tankier, that said i didnt die in any acts so you may just need some practice with timing warcries, cause sometimes we are just spamming ice crash, especially early on. I do not recommend the Slayer version unless you can master the Jugg version first.

I've killed every boss in game with this ice crash build, as have several others, its def end game viable. It does die at times though, this is not a HC build thats for sure. I wouldnt keep playing ice crash if it wasnt amazing and this is now my 5th ice crash character.

The ascendancy will help a ton so make sure to finish those up.
As long as your resists are capped and you have aroud 3500-4000 hp heading into maps I honestly dont see why you're dying in the acts. I'm farming t5s now in a tabula still.

I suggest not leaping directly into strong packs if possible, land on the edge of them, ice crash will still hit everything, range mobs do give the build trouble at first because were not level 20 skills in a 6 link and our aoe is not screen wide yet. Later on our aoe is so big were basically a range melee.

It's 6am so that's the best my brain can help with right now but hopefully with more practice things improve for you. Feel free to add me in game as I can be more helpful there as well.

Edit: I looked at your character and you're playing the jugg version but you have the skills of my Slayer version. You need Blood Rage on your CWDT not Berserk. That is for my Slayer version. Blood rage is to proc your frenzy charges to boost your attack speed. That fix alone will be a huge help. Also my Jugg does not use frost bomb, you need to follow the Jugg guide.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Apr 21, 2021, 9:44:24 AM
Oh, thanks alot for the reply! I didnt pay too much attention to teh exact Gem-Setup and changed it after you stated it. It runs far better now.
And I think in general you are right, it is about handling the Char and timiing of the Warcries which I have to do better beside the general setup.

Thanks alot!
Hey,

is the last skilltree (the long code on page 54), the latest one?
In pob it still says it is a 3.13 skill tree - does this matter, or did it not change much?
"
momodaking wrote:
Hey,

is the last skilltree (the long code on page 54), the latest one?
In pob it still says it is a 3.13 skill tree - does this matter, or did it not change much?

https://pastebin.com/jskp7gHE

These are my latest Slayer Ice Crash tweaks. It's a level 93 build in this PoB.
89+ million shaper dps.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Apr 21, 2021, 7:35:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info