[3.16] g00fy_goober's do it all Arc Trapper (Easily Clear All Content)

Yeah, maybe a starter/mid tier gear recommendations would be nice. The items you have are definitely expensive, and will take time to grind out the currency to craft yourself or buy, especially at league start.

What I went for was just your classic leveling setup(Tab/Goldrim/Deerstalkers/+1 light skill wands), but was kinda lost once I got to upper levels. The mid point in gear info for this build specifically is kinda scuffed, since there aren't many trappers out there anymore.

Probably just go solid rares with life/res for helm/ammy/rings/gloves/belt/boots. Focus on getting +1 light/crit/crit multi and maybe some flat lightning damage/spell damage for your wands.

I'd say Tinkerskin could be a nice medium point. They're usually cheap and synergize with Eldritch Battery pretty well.

"
KubgiN wrote:
So I have enough energy shield and mana to drop my enduring mana flask. What should i get instead of it? Since I dont have the currency to invest into a Bottled Faith maybe Atziri?

I always use a normal white version of the flask. Bottled faith is sulphur flask so i use sulphur flask and roll it up. Obviously you can change to w/e you want instead, but dropping some flask for another flask always feels kinda meh. Where upgrading from like bismuth to wise oak or sulphur to bottle faith always feels like an upgrade.

You can use tinkerskin but same think then you will get used to the mods on it and lose them when you switch. I would just rock a tabula until you can get like a crit + life based one then upgrade later on to your final gg chest.

"
TexanFoxx wrote:
Yeah, maybe a starter/mid tier gear recommendations would be nice. The items you have are definitely expensive, and will take time to grind out the currency to craft yourself or buy, especially at league start.

What I went for was just your classic leveling setup(Tab/Goldrim/Deerstalkers/+1 light skill wands), but was kinda lost once I got to upper levels. The mid point in gear info for this build specifically is kinda scuffed, since there aren't many trappers out there anymore.

Probably just go solid rares with life/res for helm/ammy/rings/gloves/belt/boots. Focus on getting +1 light/crit/crit multi and maybe some flat lightning damage/spell damage for your wands.

I'd say Tinkerskin could be a nice medium point. They're usually cheap and synergize with Eldritch Battery pretty well.

Guides are very different from how they used to be because so is the game in general. Leveling is rather easy, there is no set skill points you need to go on tree first (for most builds). And gear can be just random rares thrown together until you have the pieces. Showing the end game gear is very important so you can see the goal and mods that you are looking for. That way you can see 5-6 mods on say a wand but you can start with like 2-3 and then upgrade as you go and such.

In reality it is pretty easy to figure out and not very game changing. That is also why there is a gear breakdown section that explains this a bit. For example on wand yet again. The best end game option is to get 100+ crit chance +1 light spell gems and multi mod to add flat lightning dmg + spell dmg. Early on multimod won't be there and costs 2 ex alone so just having crit to spells and the +1 gem is what you go for. Pretty easy to deduce and figure out IMO.

Honestly you kind of proving my point for me. YOu went your classic leveling setup with wanders/deer/goldrim/tabula +1 wands. Then basic rares start of maps with life/res and shit. That is why it is not listed not because it is the same for almost every build out there. Life + res on rares, get the uniques you can first (mostly) and then work the other ones around it.
Good day, sir. Сould you explain why we want to reduce manacost from rare jewel, if we use an energy shield for casting and have enough mana for aura reservs? Maybe another good affix would be better?
Because you still need mana. Trap are very expensive to cast and until you get 5 of these jewel and -10 mana cost on ring you will need to keep a mana pot
"
Aziljyn wrote:
Good day, sir. Сould you explain why we want to reduce manacost from rare jewel, if we use an energy shield for casting and have enough mana for aura reservs? Maybe another good affix would be better?

Traps eat up a lot of mana. When you fight tougher monsters especially bosses or something like sirius. Even with EB without reducing that big mana cost you would quickly run out of mana.
I feel like I am a bit squishy what should we go for first if we want to improve our defenses?
"
KubgiN wrote:
I feel like I am a bit squishy what should we go for first if we want to improve our defenses?

Ummmmm defense stuff lol

Pyromaniac and the regen is the big one, but any normal defense stuff, life/res/regen/block etc etc.
I think i ll get better at dodging stuff i guess xd its not that much btw but classic dodge builds you know :D just bought enlighten 3 and removed my mana flask with 500es and 195 unreserved mana now i have sulphur flask i think it could help me a bit
and also i have another question what do you think about bubbling divine or eternal catalyst? Do you think is there one specific flask we should use or just what we feel comfortable with?
"
KubgiN wrote:
and also i have another question what do you think about bubbling divine or eternal catalyst? Do you think is there one specific flask we should use or just what we feel comfortable with?

For life flask, w/e you want. I like eternal catalyst cuz its like 2.5k life in 2.7 seconds, shame to waste an instant one IMO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info