[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
TheAshmaker wrote:

My gear as of now. This build definitely does what it says in that it fucks bosses. Its a little on the glass cannon side though even with high leech speed from Vaal Pact. Definitely do not skimp on Life/Energy Shield. Im sitting about 4.8K hp and 2.4 k ES and its staring to feel better.

My rings/amulet are absolutely dog shit though and i need to improve them.

A couple recommendations I have found helpful. Drop righteous fire, there isnt any point imo(some of the pobs in the guide had righteous fire). It hurts your survivability and the build does more than enough damage to where you only save maybe a second or two on kill time. Instead use Discipline, which will VASTLY improve your survivability.

Void batteries are an acceptable alternative that helps a lot when you are trying to put your gear together and are having trouble with the shimmeron degen.

If you have the money, i recommend double elevating the chest for 5% explode & aoe/frenzy & movespeed. It makes the mapping so much smoother. I also opted for tailwind elusive boots because taking along time between packs can feel bad sometimes if there is lingering shimmeron degen. Constant leeching is the name of the game here.

Another thing im not to sure how to solve but Awaken lvl 9 has some hard hitting mobs that can really pose a threat for your primal crush claws. I have had them die but was able to zone out and respawn them before losing both.

Also dreading it, but i think volatile dead consumes 1 additional corpse would be huge damage increase so i am going to try and farm that enchant if my sanity allows.

Lastly, fuck essenses of horror. The helm is a bitch to craft and can get VERY expensive which is why i wouldnt even think of trying to elevate it without losing my sanity.

Wow! Cool to see someone taking the build that far too.

Yeah, I may need to cull my PoBs a little, they've been there for 8 months now. I believe my latest ones do run Discipline? Hmm.

I have to build some meme builds now sadly, so I won't be investing more in gear - even the new boss content doesn't seem to warrant juicing more out of this build - if anything, the new boss content 'buffed' the build because it never really got to ramp up properly pre-Maven!

Yeah, horrors are REALLY fucked. For a time they were 7c because most people obsessed over getting 6Ls, so I happy made my 7Ls back in the day, but once Harvest hit and people realised Helmets had incredible mods, well.

Anyway regarding tankiness - if you have enough in your other slots, you can combine Soul Tether + Doryani Jewel (or what I'm doing is Ahuana Jewel + Replica because my current jewel is really good) - this gives you like another 2000+ ES to work with. You can see it on display here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe75XAj8dvw.

Also belt freedom allows you to use a HH, which doesn't help this build much damage wise but it sure as hell is fun running through the map at lightspeed.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
This guy nailed it - use chest 6L if you can't do the helm.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

My gear as of now. This build definitely does what it says in that it fucks bosses. Its a little on the glass cannon side though even with high leech speed from Vaal Pact. Definitely do not skimp on Life/Energy Shield. Im sitting about 4.8K hp and 2.4 k ES and its staring to feel better.

A couple recommendations I have found helpful. Drop righteous fire, there isnt any point imo(some of the pobs in the guide had righteous fire). It hurts your survivability and the build does more than enough damage to where you only save maybe a second or two on kill time. Instead use Discipline, which will VASTLY improve your survivability.

Void batteries are an acceptable alternative that helps a lot when you are trying to put your gear together and are having trouble with the shimmeron degen.

If you have the money, i recommend double elevating the chest for 5% explode & aoe/frenzy & movespeed. It makes the mapping so much smoother. I also opted for tailwind elusive boots because taking along time between packs can feel bad sometimes if there is lingering shimmeron degen. Constant leeching is the name of the game here.

Another thing im not to sure how to solve but Awaken lvl 9 has some hard hitting mobs that can really pose a threat for your primal crush claws. I have had them die but was able to zone out and respawn them before losing both.

Also dreading it, but i think volatile dead consumes 1 additional corpse would be huge damage increase so i am going to try and farm that enchant if my sanity allows.

Lastly, fuck essenses of horror. The helm is a bitch to craft and can get VERY expensive which is why i wouldnt even think of trying to elevate it without losing my sanity.

Very important to note mate: Awakened Spell Cascade is the far better play over VD consumes 1 corpse - they both make the other redundant, but the superior helm enchant is Arcanist Brand 12% cast speed which not only helps the build feel slicker, it's a ~9% more multiplier considering how long it speeds up ramping.
"
primaeva wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

Very important to note mate: Awakened Spell Cascade is the far better play over VD consumes 1 corpse - they both make the other redundant, but the superior helm enchant is Arcanist Brand 12% cast speed which not only helps the build feel slicker, it's a ~9% more multiplier considering how long it speeds up ramping.

Great point, i like that better. Arcanist brand enchant would be better to ramp damage up faster.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

Great point, i like that better. Arcanist brand enchant would be better to ramp damage up faster.

Haha be sure to check out the Immortal Ambition + Corrupted Soul Combo! I'm personally on 9.7k combined now.

If you've any ideas on how to improve the build (like maybe Scorching Ray as a long-range alternative to Incinerate and it'd also free up a skill slot) do let me know.

I also have a question of my own: Is there a supporter pack you DO NOT have?!
Hello,

I'm playing this build and it feels quite smooth for now, lv91 with pretty much all the gear needed (shitty chest for now cause I hit mana and reflect physical on the awakener orb, gems aren't 21 and I don't have awakened spell cascade).
However I have one issue: I struggle a lot on Maven's invitations... Be it the region ones or the Uncharted Realms ones. It just feels like the insane damages are not here during those fights and I usually die from random shit before being able to kill the bosses. Anyone else having this issue or any solution for that ?

PoB of my char: https://pastebin.com/N4gRk9uy
"
primaeva wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

Haha be sure to check out the Immortal Ambition + Corrupted Soul Combo! I'm personally on 9.7k combined now.

If you've any ideas on how to improve the build (like maybe Scorching Ray as a long-range alternative to Incinerate and it'd also free up a skill slot) do let me know.

I also have a question of my own: Is there a supporter pack you DO NOT have?!

LOL some of the earlier supporter packs i missed out on. What can i say i like this game and have been playing since 2012 :D. Immortal ambition and corrupted soul seems cool i will definitely check that out.

I was thinking last night though, if you use awakened spell cascade (which i am) in the helm would VD + 1 corpse enchant actually be better? Wouldnt it consume basically 5 additional corpses each cast giving you essentially 10% cast speed through the Corpse Pact ascendancy node? Thats is worse than arcanist brand enchant, BUT you also get 5 corpse explosions and 5 balls extra. Or does the enchant not interact with VD being cast by arcanist brand + awakened spell cascade like I was thinking?
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Feb 10, 2021, 8:26:39 AM
First of all, thanks for the build, it's really fresh and nice to play!

I have a big issue when playing it though. Whenever there are a lot of monsters and VD production is ramped up, my latency spikes and I get a disconnect:
https://postimg.cc/BL5pPq2c
(ignore the stats, I didn't have auras on, freshly disconnected)

This happens and is reproducible in 2 specific scenarios:
1. harbinger reinforcements - this would be ok, I could live with respeccing this
2. 2nd or 3rd ritual, when there are a lot of mobs.
I don't do any of the juice up maps, not interested in that kind of content.

I started with a pyroclast miner, also graphics intensive, had no issue like the above, no latency drops whatsoever.

My computer is old, but not that bad, it works alright (playing only in FHD): GTX 1070 Ti, i5-4670k, 16GB ram.

I tried most of the suggested workarounds in the thread (disabling NVDIA sound devices, limiting the process CPU, vulkan on/off, dynamic resolution on/off, bought mtx for VD, changed realms) and none of them prevents disconnect.

If anyone has any more suggestions, please help. Thanks!
I wanted to use shimmerons since a long time and I got two corrupted cheap ones with sufficient rolls.

So I went to craft the helmet, and it's a bit annoying to spam the Essences.
Now I go this thing here and NO IDEA if it's worth anything to anyone or I should go for a beastcraft with 50% chance of bricking it.

I currently have it for sale because maybe some miners/trappers want it. But not a single item apparently has those 3 mods. Some trap gems do have the AoE tag and so do mines...any ideas if and what it might be worth?
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Last edited by Carmondai89 on Feb 10, 2021, 10:25:00 AM
Hey mate

At this point a video recording would help a lot more than PoB. This is a build which requires a cast sequence, if bosses are killing you first it means somethings off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info