[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

How much corpse life are people using in PoB?
Hello, just started using the build, my specters are losing life and not regening it, so they eventually die, what can I do about that?
"
henrique73 wrote:
Hello, just started using the build, my specters are losing life and not regening it, so they eventually die, what can I do about that?

Are you casting cone offering? They should be getting substantial regen from that alone.
"
Hope everyone has had a good league. I haven’t had time to play this league because I bought and renovated a house. I’m working working on a leadership’s price VDSS trickster and it’s looking pretty good. I’ll share the preliminary PoB here when it’s done. I know this is a completely different build but it is VD leaderships price and some people may enjoy SS more than arcanist brand.

Yes, Leadership's Price + explosions is going to be solid no matter what! Come to think of it, Arcanist Brands are only worth the trouble on beefier targets, otherwise VDSS remains solid.

How much mana do you sacrifice to go Spellslinger these days though? With Auras as stronk as they are, I suppose you may be doing LL-Prism Guardian?
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
henrique73 wrote:

Hey! Try running a Sulphur Flask (and also turn on ally health bars). The % regen is really strong on Specs. Also make sure it's a 20 or 21 Gem (super cheap i think.)

Finally, pathing up to that node before Spiritual Aid kind of solves everything. Exception: Sirus!
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Hope everyone has had a good league. I haven’t had time to play this league because I bought and renovated a house. I’m working working on a leadership’s price VDSS trickster and it’s looking pretty good. I’ll share the preliminary PoB here when it’s done. I know this is a completely different build but it is VD leaderships price and some people may enjoy SS more than arcanist brand.

Yes, Leadership's Price + explosions is going to be solid no matter what! Come to think of it, Arcanist Brands are only worth the trouble on beefier targets, otherwise VDSS remains solid.

How much mana do you sacrifice to go Spellslinger these days though? With Auras as stronk as they are, I suppose you may be doing LL-Prism Guardian?

I can fit grace, a six link VD, and desecrate without trying too hard. Not going LL because that’s only really worth it if you’re spell damage focused I think. I mean I guess you could go ultra defensive with tempest shield and discipline or something. I’ll post a PoB tomorrow but the gist is stacking non chaos as chaos with trickster ascendency and eternity shroud. Then you buff the damage to the moon with abhorrent interrogation. Can easily get full spell suppression with right side tree and you avoid all the sec problems.
Here's the pastebin. Examine and make suggestions. It's NOT a league starter build

https://pastebin.com/XRyvEZmc
Also, I’m well aware my PoB is funky. I used secrets of suffering to turn on alt ailments because I am too lazy to actually balance it in PoB. Int and dex are close enough that they will be fairly easy to balance. Didn’t bother worrying about resists on gear I’ll figure that part out.
"
Also, I’m well aware my PoB is funky. I used secrets of suffering to turn on alt ailments because I am too lazy to actually balance it in PoB. Int and dex are close enough that they will be fairly easy to balance. Didn’t bother worrying about resists on gear I’ll figure that part out.

Ahh can you clear something up for me, is this literally Leadership's Price or does Secrets only enable Scorch for Fire Damage?

If so, getting the amulet slot back is pretty huge (Xoph's Heart)!! And it would be less annoying to balance. Also, Alternating Sceptre becoems a viable Dual-Wield build option (I still think Cane / Staves are choice because of how strong the staff nodes are for Global Crit and Global Mult, but only like 20 ever appear any league, though we may see more since DD had a mega revival).

Re: Eternity Shroud Trickster - you can't chance Abhorrent Interrogations, but there are many good gloves that CAN be chanced (or use regular flat % damage increased mods). Unless you want to ditch all that juicy chaos pen just for the slot, not sure if the math works out (I mean, it's why you went Trickster, which is ditching Corpse Pact 200% Cast Speed + 50% corpse life for Chaos Conversion).
It’s a leadership’s price build. Secrets is in there only to enable alt ailments. You need confound to brittle and sap with fire damage.

With abhorrent you can’t ignore or penetrate enemy chaos resist so that’s a dead mod on shroud. You can still get a good amount of elemental as chaos, like 40%. Couples with harness the void you get a massive amount of you fire damage as chaos and it significantly boosts the damage from the corpse explosion and the spell damage.

Necro brands is still way higher damage because you can scale cast speed. Balancing dex and int is nicer of trickster because VD needs tons of dex.

Basically I like the trickster idea because it gives enough damage to make SSVD scale into endgame, and I like the SS play style.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info