[3.16] Wintertide Brand Occultist/Trickster | 8-9M Dot dps| Fast Clear | Detailed explanation

"
xsicho wrote:
To the guy above, I've read that we mostly scale Spell Damage, DoT Multi, and Gem level so look to those three, I'm looking for a good wand/sceptre as well since mine sucked.

Just wanted to say thanks for the build. Ran through t16 and awakener a8 easily, played almost as smooth as my other characters that funded this one for the sole reason of tankiness as I can't kill Maven with that other one.

I changed it up a lot though with my boomer brains, like instead of using curse on hit gloves, I used a trigger wand instead (selfcast frost bomb, trigger cast curse + OOS), allowing me more freedom on rings and other things to achieve higher ES (currently sitting at 7.9kES with discipline up).

I also put in Clarity instead of Haste for the mana sustain that we desired, needless to say mapping is a much better experience when I don't have to constantly mana flask.

For cluster jewels, I'm considering changing remarkable to 1 and add in either Grand Design or another Brand Loyalty instead. I'd also like to mention wintertide brand helm enchants being extremely cheap, and since I don't have a good calculation in my head about brand stages, I chose more chill effect to help me survive maps (again, I'm boomer and can't react fast enough) but I also think the 40% wintertide brand damage is a good one.

I also wondered, since our clear are so good, should we take Vile Bastion for more survivability instead of Profane Bloom since bosses situation is something I'm worrying as I can't dodge mechanics much.

Here are my current gears (spent around 10ex in total).

I actually managed 9k+ ES on my set up of the build, i would say 7.9k is on a low side for a build that does dot damage like this and dont have much dodge whatsoever
Though i would say if you maxed catalyst on your items you would go above 8k easily. Helm is a good slot to get at least 300ES, they tend to be decently priced

The trigger socketed skill on skill use has a 1 or 5 second cd, i am not sure, but tbh i am not really a fan of it, because i like to cast orb of storm more to place it somewhere nice, seeing that its our main source of EE proccs

Vile bastion does not provide much, just a 10% es per second gained(while killing, doesnt matter much here) a tiny bit of ES and 40 es regen per second. If survivability is an issue, i would even go withering presence for the chaos res to bring our chaos res at 60% including presence of chayula, we gain actual survivability here over vile bastion. Vile bastion's main strength is the immunity to stun, which we already achieved with the amulet
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
I see! Anyways, I just wanted to say again thanks for the build. I've managed to kill Maven with this build as well as Sirus 9 now (not deathless, but much better than other builds I've played).

Will continue to adjust as I chalk things for the 36 challenge!
hi what would i drop for a 5link setup? i cant afford a 6l shavs so i 5 linked mine
Hey, first of all, thank you for this build. I was trying to upgrade my own trickster wintertide when I found yours and it greatly helped.
I was wondering if a synthetised weapon with the "explode" implicit would work to help with the clear. I don't know the interactions well enough and I fear it wouldn't activate on a dot kill.
Do you have any idea about that ?
(Sorry if it has already been asked)
"
HieiTheBlue wrote:
hi what would i drop for a 5link setup? i cant afford a 6l shavs so i 5 linked mine

Take out controlled destruction or elemental focus if you dont have holy conquest

Take out swift affliction if you do

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Passive_Skill:Affliction~notable~holy~conquest

"
Delant wrote:
Hey, first of all, thank you for this build. I was trying to upgrade my own trickster wintertide when I found yours and it greatly helped.
I was wondering if a synthetised weapon with the "explode" implicit would work to help with the clear. I don't know the interactions well enough and I fear it wouldn't activate on a dot kill.
Do you have any idea about that ?
(Sorry if it has already been asked)

Holy conquest is the way probably on the clear. But explodying effect works on dot
My Builds/Stream

I'm currently lv 91 occultist wintertide brand and yes even though it is a very powerful single target dmg but clearing speed with a large number of mobs (specifically in Haewark with Beyond passives) can be daunting and feel a bit slow. Moreover, with multi-boss fight mechanics as in Maven this lg, the build can be very unreliable and it may takes longer to fight all the bosses... possibly death. True, vulnerability is a shiet =.= one hit
"
Skyler98VN wrote:
I'm currently lv 91 occultist wintertide brand and yes even though it is a very powerful single target dmg but clearing speed with a large number of mobs (specifically in Haewark with Beyond passives) can be daunting and feel a bit slow. Moreover, with multi-boss fight mechanics as in Maven this lg, the build can be very unreliable and it may takes longer to fight all the bosses... possibly death. True, vulnerability is a shiet =.= one hit

2 mana flask, 2 life flask? you are dropping a shitload of defenses here when it comes to mapping

Also, your cluster jewels are wrong too, we run brand clusters over cold dot clusters and you need holy conquest for clear, especially handling beyond content
My Builds/Stream

So, its worse version of strombrand? Delay, more buttons, need to be close to apply curses?
"
So, its worse version of strombrand? Delay, more buttons, need to be close to apply curses?

This is possibly 1 of the most stupid comment to ever brave the forums. Almost every single build is a worse version of the most meta build of the league. Because why run any other build pre-3.13 when you can run aura stacker and be near invulnerable and have 500million-1billion dps. Why play any other caster builds when bf/bb or archmage something is 100x better? Why play any melee build when cyclone allows you to have a shitload of dps while moving, why play cyclone when you can play poison BV and pretty much clear all content with minimal gear.

Its called having fun with different builds and skills, if you want to min max, go play the most meta build of the league

The difference between this and storm brand is that you can reach the damage peak with less gear, because we dont run ridiculously expensive stuff like badge
I can state a long list of differences, but yea go play some meta build instead tbh
My Builds/Stream

Flesh and Stone now has a 35% mana reservation (from 25%).https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3079632/page/1#p23987586

what do you guys think? just drop it or invest into more reduced mana reservation?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info