[3.11] Norse's Cold Blooded Wander - 7k+ Life - 10m+ single - Insane Clearspeed - 600+ Delve

Build guide is currently in the process of being worked on

DISCLAIMER: This is not a budget or beginner friendly build! Please be warned

The general explanation for this build would be that we take supreme ego for the significant buff to hatred then blood magic because we can't run any other auras and most heralds would be useless for this build.

Because supreme ego is a 50% More multiplier all the aura effect we take gets multiplied by that, so we take three cluster jewels with vengeful commander which will bring our hatred effect up to 102% so with a level20 hatred we will have 25% Phys added as cold and 16% More cold.

If we calculate supreme ago and 102% hatred effect; 25x2.02=50.5 then 50% more from supreme ego; 50.5x1.5=75.75, do the same with the more cold and a level20 hatred will be giving us 75% physical damage added as cold and 48% more cold damage.

The other important aspect with this build is that we want to run a crusaders chest piece with Physical Explosion on kill, with the way we scale the build we end up with explosions that will kill entire packs.

Gear

IMPORTANT Most of this gear is crafted to be BIS so don't feel like you need to replicate all the gear, I will post in another section how I went about crafting these for those that are interested.

ALSO this build is extremely dumb (Low Intel) so getting any intelligence on gear is recommended.

Weapon

For the weapon we're looking for a high physical damage wand with decent critical and attack speed, pretty self explanatory

Shield

For the shield almost any high life/resistance shield will work

Helmet

For the helmet a high life and resist helmet is sufficient but I would highly recommend to at least try and get a +1 power charge helmt

Best helmet enchant would be +2 Power Siphon Projectiles

Gloves

For the gloves we aim for an elder pair of gloves for our secondary skill, Critical Multi and at least attack speed or accuracy is recommended

Boots

Any life and resist boots will work, but aiming for a decent pair of tailwind and elusive boots is a huge benefit to your clear speed.

Best boot enchant would be 10% Ele Pen if you haven't killed recently.

Chest

I would almost say that the explosion chest is mandatory because of how much it benefits the feel of the build, the extra curse is a bit over kill imo so I would just aim for a Crit/Explode chest

Belt

Belt you could use to fill out the rest of your resistances or if you have that filled out elsewhere you can craft a decent elder

Rings

Opal base is best because it also applies to our explosions, getting high flat physical with weapon elemental damage alongside a decent life role should be sufficient.

Amulet

A decent rare with Multi/Life/Phys would be fine but I would highly recommend crafting a redeemers amulet for the added and pen.

Flasks

You could replace bottled faith with taste of hate, It's a more defensive option but you will lose some damage.

Jewels

Levelling / Tree / Pantheon

Because this build is some what point intensive and you're a marauder trying to play a wander I would recommend leveling with 2h melee until mid to late 80s to be honest, or you can be like me and have the worst leveling/early game you can imagine.

Also you could save on points not going 100% ailment immune until you're higher level or have enough currency to buy a secondary unique flask.

Level95 - 116 Passives
Level90 - 111 Passives

Level84 - 105 Passives - No ailment immunity

Pantheon
Personally I take Soul of Solaris because most of the times I feel like I need mitigation is during boss fights.

As for the minor I take Soul of Ralakesh because one of the biggest reasons for almost dying that I find is corrupting blood.

These are all preferential though so if you pick something else it shouldn't be too big of a deal.
Bandit we take Alira, If you're good on resistances you can take 2 points instead if you want

Links

Helmet

Boots

Weapon

Shield

As for the chest and gloves, you can put your single or clear in either one, personally I put my clear into my 6l because faster attacks isn't as beneficial on clear and I can setup my clear to freeze everything a bit better

Chest

Gloves

If you have any questions at all about the build don't hesitate to message me in game @Norse or if I'm offline then message here.
IGN: @Norse
Last edited by norseman21 on Jul 26, 2020, 8:13:27 AM
Last bumped on Sep 15, 2020, 9:51:31 PM
nice build, nice dps
Life isn't what you make of it, it's already been made for you.
Last edited by Thunder0258 on Jul 19, 2020, 9:18:41 AM
Playing this now, loving it. Hurry up with the full guide!!
very nice stuff

serker wander has been a underappreciated buold arch type, love to see the supreme ego + blood magic combo

im doing some ssf now, this is definitely on my list to try out once i get more farming going

hope to see the guide do well and expanded more

<3
"
frawrst wrote:
very nice stuff

serker wander has been a underappreciated buold arch type, love to see the supreme ego + blood magic combo

im doing some ssf now, this is definitely on my list to try out once i get more farming going

hope to see the guide do well and expanded more

<3

Yeah, never really heard of a zerker wander before I tried this out, honestly when I started the build it looked decent on paper but my god I had my doubts about it, but It's gone above and beyond and handles like a dream.

The builds definitely doable in SSF but be prepared to farm a lot for gear, my gear on SSF has taken weeks to come together :)

Massive props to Norse for the build. Having an absolute BLAST!!!

Some feedback for people who want to try... Don't level as a wander, you will hate it. I ignored Norses' advice and hated my life :D Around level 70 you can transition (After A10 Kitava) and it's smooth as butter. Need to work on crafting my amulet better, but not sure where to start.

Crafting guide would be GG!!

P.S. Massive thanks to Norse for the kind wand dono to support full on throwing myself at the build. LOL
It look amazing. Currently i'm playing toxic rain trickster and able to clear all content easily. But it's a dodge/evasion build so sometime i get 1-shot, it make pushing to 100 so hard. And toxic rain's clear speed is not good also. I think i'm gonna play your build soon. Can you tel me about your defense layers and how much does it cost for this build?. Currently i have about 3-40 exalted orbs.
"
TienPQ149 wrote:
It look amazing. Currently i'm playing toxic rain trickster and able to clear all content easily. But it's a dodge/evasion build so sometime i get 1-shot, it make pushing to 100 so hard. And toxic rain's clear speed is not good also. I think i'm gonna play your build soon. Can you tel me about your defense layers and how much does it cost for this build?. Currently i have about 3-40 exalted orbs.

My character has about 7.7k Life with 3 endurance charges, 10% phys taken as fire from helmet and the build freezes everything so the survivability surprisingly feels very good. As for how much it costs I'm kinda unsure because I've been playing solo self found the whole league, I'd look at getting a wand, chest piece and a good wand before you start how ever much that costs.
"
norseman21 wrote:
"
TienPQ149 wrote:

My character has about 7.7k Life with 3 endurance charges, 10% phys taken as fire from helmet and the build freezes everything so the survivability surprisingly feels very good. As for how much it costs I'm kinda unsure because I've been playing solo self found the whole league, I'd look at getting a wand, chest piece and a good wand before you start how ever much that costs.

For the chest piece, it's easy for me to find out how to craft. Just use awakened orb with hunter and crusader mod then augment attack for "attack have #% crit chance".The rest can be done with harvest craft. But i don't know how to craft the wand. Can you please tell me a good way to craft it?
"
TienPQ149 wrote:
"
norseman21 wrote:
"
TienPQ149 wrote:

For the chest piece, it's easy for me to find out how to craft. Just use awakened orb with hunter and crusader mod then augment attack for "attack have #% crit chance".The rest can be done with harvest craft. But i don't know how to craft the wand. Can you please tell me a good way to craft it?

Just spam Physical Seeds and Jagged fossils on ilvl83+ Imbued wands while also trying to fracture merciless or dictators. Though you need some good RNG so I'd recommend buying your starting wand if you aren't willing to take the risk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info