🔧Changes to some hideout decorations/tilesets from 3.12

Some decorations have been changed, probably unintentionally but could we get the previous versions please ?

Don't hesitate to post the changes you've noticed too.

=> Also please reduce the hitbox of the hideouts/decorations as much as possible so the layouts load properly and we can put the decorations as we want(ex : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2693634).

------------------------

3.11 changes
Spoiler
Spoiler
The wall machinery decoration looks rusty and lost its electricity effect

Another example (with an illustration of the problematic bloom effect too)
Spoiler

And the variation 1 2 4 had electricity on them.

-> Same for the generator / extraction device / floor pipes / pipe kit / power cable / tower pod / tower archway decos.

Innocence Candle / Innocence Candelabra don't light around anymore.

-> With a change in the settings the iron lantern works now.

Shore Bonfire is now yellow instead of orange (same for the torch decoration which used to be more orange).

- The waypoint can no longer be rotated.

------------------------

Other changes noticed :

"
SRKslash wrote:

Another change I've noticed is that the Interrogation Tools and Tools Board decorations no longer have any tools on them. I'm not sure if this problem is linked to the others though as its not really a lighting issue.

Rusty crane variation 5 is also missing the electricity.

"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Same things I have noticed with the shore bonfire and the other decorations you've listed that they decided to just take the flowing electricity out of. One decoration I myself noticed that was changed was the Tower Pod 2 as well as the Tower Archway 4 decoration, the variant 2 and 4 of these decorations used to have flowing electricity and they took it out and it just looks boring or bland now with no life to it. It's the most bizarre thing ever, like, they did not even bother mentioning this either in any patch notes from what I have seen or maybe they think it's that minor of a change that people won't notice? But clearly this isn't the case because people engage with hideouts in the game more than they realize given that users are making threads like this documenting the changes themselves instead of finding it out from patch notes.

To make things worse, this might have happened before 3.11 even, but now they are even making changes to hideout decorations that we actually paid for in the mtx store like the Arcane Flame Hideout mtx. I have a whole thread on this (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2922868)

Essentially, I wrote:

"I specifically remember the blue flame having a darker blue tint than what it does currently and the flame overall looking better. I know I'm not making this up in my head because I have videos saved in my OBS gameplay from a year ago that had the cool, good looking version of the darker, stand out flames and now the flames just look more light in shade or washed out, not as prominent. Did they actually change the hue or tint of the flames? Because even the small particles surrounding it don't look the same either."

We bought these decorations in the first place because they looked good and now they decide to change their original appeal, it just doesn't seem very fair if you ask me, but whatever.

---------------------

Fixes noticed (thank you GGG!) :

✔️ Shore bonfire.

❌ Innocence candela

✔️ Iron lantern

✔️❌ Wall machinery has got its electricity back but their color is still washed out, the previous color was very nice (see the screenshot of the hideout above).

❌The waypoint still can't be rotated

✔️ The tools are back on the tools board/ interrogation tools

✔️ Tower pod/tower archway are fixed

NEW The gargoyle from the variations 13, 16, 17 of the relic table has lost its color.

❓ I don't know for the blue flame of themtx decoration

Thank you for rectifying most of them GGG !

3.12 changes

"
Some new changes in 3.12:

No texture on the gold part of Vaal Blocks and it is black. I asked friends to visit my hideout and they all see the same thing.

Vaal Blocks with lights, Vantablack effect

New floor texture and black background in Alpine Hideout. You also can see it in Robber's Trench, seem the textures turn black if it is some distance from the 'camera'

Corals moved in Coral Hideout (corals are solid objects you cannot build on). Hitboxes also have been changed in other bases like Robbers Trench, Unearthed. I get 'specified location is blocked' errors importing hideouts from before 3.12

Luxurious Hideout is darker. Innocence Candle still has no light

Many shiny decorations (pipes, broken painting, steam powered decorations) also are not shiny anymore.

Decorations not displaying properly in the new all at sea hideout. Credit to TallBird (thread)

❗❗❗ Shadows disappear in hideouts with long lighting, such as Celestial, Desert, Lush, etc.
(Youtube link)

This also is a problem in paid MTX hideouts Celestial Nebula, All At Sea. If only one bug would be fixed, would love if it was this one.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Jan 3, 2021, 8:47:19 AM
Last bumped on Jan 6, 2021, 2:59:22 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
+1
Reported this on day 1 of 3.11. Got ignored, sadly.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
"
Ydoum wrote:
Reported this on day 1 of 3.11. Got ignored, sadly.

Unfortunately In this game no one takes Zana seriously... ( hint: your display picture )
Same thought it was a bug like with the missing textures and all but haven't seen much discussion or acknowledgement of this.

Another change I've noticed is that the Interrogation Tools and Tools Board decorations no longer have any tools on them. I'm not sure if this problem is linked to the others though as its not really a lighting issue.

Edit : Rusty crane variation 5 is also missing the electricity.
Last edited by SRKslash on Jul 18, 2020, 11:26:22 AM
At some point they changed golden shader so everything "gold" started to look bronze instead of gold.
I complained about it, but no one gave a damn.

Spoiler
They're going through lots of (graphical) engine changes working towards the release of POE 2.0, which means things and the way they look might change. Bloom was one thing that caused drastic changes, some (major) issues.

These things will either be resolved if found to be out of order, but you have to be prepared for some of it to be "permanent". It's an online game in constant development, changes like these are a logical side effect to progress, though easier to get used to for some than for others...
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Jul 30, 2020, 2:26:09 PM
Not trying to complain about it but it would be nice to get some confirmation if they would be getting changed back or not. Had used a lot of these decorations in my hideout and now it just looks drab after the changes.
Changes were done to save FPS. And yes, the "electricity" actually is a big amount of savings (> 10fps)

Complain & I will VERY HEAVILY suggest that hideoutshowcase goes out of service.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Aug 18, 2020, 2:15:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info