Reverse most of the hideout changes from 3.9 please | Waiting for an update ?

3.10 update : nothing has been changed as promised ....

--------------------------

Answer from GGG (from here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2737002)

While we have your attention, we'd like to mention that we've seen the feedback from the hideout creators regarding the changes to some in-game assets (including lighting) made in 3.9.0, which resulted in the corresponding hideout doodads being changed as well. We'll have our art team revisit some of the changes to check that assets look as intended. Our devs will also have a look at the issue with decorations from 3.8 hideouts being unable to load in 3.9 hideouts. While we understand it can be upsetting for some of you, visual changes are an inevitable part of improvements we've planned to the game. We'll keep an eye on further changes to the assets to make sure the hideouts will only benefit from them.

A big thanks for that to GGG !! :)

--------------------------

With 3.9 a big number of noticeable changes have been brought up to the hideout system :

- Hideouts have been modified and many of the decorations of the previous hideout versions don't load, messing up with all the already decorated hideouts.

Example :

- Also the tileset themselves have been changed, meaning all the decorations thoroughly adjusted in the previous versions can potentially be messed up too.

- A lot of the original decorations have been changed, instead of adding new variations.

Before

Other example :

I don't have a screenshot from 3.8 but several variations of the Large Rocks decorations were modified

And it goes on for many other decorations that we're discovering day after day.

- Many sources of lighting have been changed and render very differently to what it used to be, something as central as this shouldn't be modified or very carefully (iron lantern, innocence candela, torch, etc...), they are a lot more glowy now and their color is different too.

Example of an hideout change :

Other example

- Some Hideout bases have been questionably changed too :

3.8 celestial tileset

3.9 celestial tileset

I've noticed Baleful and Immaculate tilesets have been changed too.

-------------------------------

This is the kind of patch which is completely demotivating creators like myself who did put hours and hours to make decent hideouts, to see them being completely messed up and have to redo all of them.

We have an import/export feature for a reason, there should be a unity of the version used, and not having to redo all the hideouts every single patch.

My suggestions are :

- Any change to an already existing decoration should be added as a new variation and not changing the previous one that people may like.

- Don't change the tilesets of the hideouts or limit it as much as possible : we made our hideouts based on the existing tilesets NOT the new ones.

All in all reverse most of the changes that were made to the decorations and the tilesets because they objectively didn't bring much visual improvement to the hideout system and basically chucks away all the previous hideouts that we've made.

Edit#1

To be clear, I think no one is against major graphics improvements that will certainly lead to having to redo the old hideouts when PoE 2 gets out.

The Main concern here is avoiding as much as possible the small tweaks to decorations that we regularly have every patch and who are not about improving graphics but changing the style of the decorations : you don't replace X color by a totally unrelated Y color (Here is an example) as it'd not be considered as an "improvement", but a change of style. New lightings and decos are not an improvement, they're a straight change to the previous ones and don't fit with many the hideouts that people made. Hence the suggestion to add the new changes to the decos as a new variation.

Likewise no one is against improving the tilesets, but they should be very rare and significant enough to justify having to scrap all the previous hideouts. What was modified from 3.9 simply doesn't justify it at all. Further, all should be done to make the previous hideouts compatible with the new changes before doing it.

I believe it is better to not touch the tilesets, apart from expanding them and flattening the ground, and possibly improving the quality of the textures when they're loyal to the former ones, than doing these kind of small changes all over the place that bring more problems than they solve.

I do believe GGG don't really consider this issue when they modify hideouts and decorations, I hope they'll be more careful in the future.

Edit#2

Other changes noticed (feel free to post them i'll add it to the list) :

- Syndicate fortification

📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Mar 17, 2020, 10:47:29 AM
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2020, 10:28:09 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No issues here. The Hideout creators will have to update their files as per required.

It is up to GGG, NOT THE PLAYERBASE (it's not your game), whether to update graphics. THIS INCLUDES TILES.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Dec 16, 2019, 5:19:24 AM
Aw shit, lighting changes! Hopefully they smoothed the transition in the Divided Hideout. I Hate so much how you get a nice clean fade, and then it just jumps massively.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
bvanharjr wrote:
No issues here. The Hideout creators will have to update their files as per required.

It is up to GGG, NOT THE PLAYERBASE (it's not your game), whether to update graphics. THIS INCLUDES TILES.

Yeah, let's face the truth. Everyhings are pixels owned by TencentGGG. Nothing more and nothing less.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
I really would like to know why they always change the few things that worked flawless before and ignore the real problems in this game.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Any words from GGG on that issue would be nice. Hideouts should be compatible throughout new versions, it's really discouraging for anyone that puts effort into his hideouts to have decorations changed or hideout sizes changed, it's even worse that this happens without any information from GGGs side...
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
Last edited by Noooberino on Dec 19, 2019, 5:39:41 AM
"
bvanharjr wrote:

Sure, just shit all over the face of your customers, that's guaranteed to get their goodwill! Right?

Instead of adding variations for lighting, layout and the decorations to just change them willy-nilly is absolutely the way to go! /s
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
bvanharjr wrote:

This kind of thinking is actually dangerous and disgusting.
bump
"
MrSneakyFox wrote:
"
bvanharjr wrote:

This kind of thinking is actually dangerous and disgusting.
I was gonna say. Like, no, we don't make the game. Yeah, they're technically within their rights to make it however they want. But we're the players, we're why they exist at all. This guy really loves the taste of boots.
Furthermore, the Trade Manifesto delenda est.

Bone Mommy did nothing wrong. I want to join the Syndicate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info