[3.13] Self-Curse EK Temporal Chains Occultist Mini Guide (Warning not budget friendly)

3.14 Ultimatum
Spoiler

According to the manifesto the build is pretty much removed from the game. It was a fun run boys and its a sad day for everyone that didn't experience the power level of this build. GG

3.13 Ritual Thoughts / Update 1/26
Spoiler

Malediction node nerf : Significant damage decrease and will hurt the ramp up.
Curse Cluster Jewel nerf : Just makes jewel crafting a bit harder.

https://pastebin.com/1f0mHRc2

*Del 5 video added*

I am playing the build with 134% curse effect at the moment with 2 large clusters and 4 medium. Voices is outdated with the nerf to curse clusters and the build now requiring 4 curse clusters.

Once you craft harvest gear the damage will go back to normal for the most part. Big highlights there is going to be gg jewels/power charge generation on chest and the bow is easier to craft. If you want to min max the build the new maven orb mods on the helm are pretty significant.

Self curse I thought it was dead?
Spoiler

- Still works with either occultist ascendancy or Cospri's will. You require curses can apply through hexproof specifically. Whether this is intentional or not we will see come next major patch.

I did not discover this concept or build just tweaked the foundation of it.

Pro/Con
Spoiler

Pros:
Fastest mapper in the game
Thrives off harder maps
Can solo 5 way legion and delirium 5

Cons:
Budget
Lag
Requires a bossing character (cant kill sirus, shaper, elder, elder guardian maps)

Gameplay Video *3.13 update*
Spoiler

Ritual T16 Del 5 Summit - https://youtu.be/ZfDBkHQwgiM

T16 Sextants Alc - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szJa74WSMzo
T16 5 Delirium Beyond Sextant - https://youtu.be/szJa74WSMzo?t=93
T16 Minotaur Alc Average Map - https://youtu.be/szJa74WSMzo?t=213
Solo 5 Way Legion - https://youtu.be/szJa74WSMzo?t=341

T19 5 Delirium Everything Map - https://youtu.be/IHwrU_S3bdA

Gear/POB *3.13 update*
Spoiler

3.13 ritual ek : https://pastebin.com/1f0mHRc2

Gearing Options

Bow : Synth bow +1 support or 18% chance for spells deal double damage

Quiver : Signal Fire with phys as extra corrupt. I think it might be beatable with a nice synth quiver.

Chest : Explosion + frenzy charge on hit awakener orb with power charge on crit harvest crafted on.

Glove's : Elemental weakness corrupt. Spell crit + ele weakness would be the best double corrupt.

Rings : Circle of Anguish mana reserve/buff effect look for damage or resistance implicits.
Curse on hit flammability ring with high res if you want to trick this out you can get double influence ring and go for multi.

Boots : 10% movement speed corrupt, 10% ms enchant or 16% cast and attack speed enchant.

Amulet Annointment : Magmetic strikes for full conversion.

Cluster Jewel : All ele resistance, dark discourse, whispers of death. Harvest craft on whatever resistance you are lacking.

Large cluster : Physical / spell / elemental
-phys adds the most raw damage
-elemental mainly for the 10 all res notable to fix gearing issues
-spell if you want automated arcane surge and an extra gem slot

Watchers eye : Hatred convert + hatred crit/precision multi. Can start with just a convert watchers eye.
Anger phys convert + Anger multi is an alternate option.

Bow Crafting *3.13 update*
Spoiler

Step 1 : Get a synth base +1 support gems or % chance for spells to deal double damage.

Step 2 : Buy a dozen or more deafening essence of woe's and spam the bow until you hit t1/t2 global crit multi.

Step 3 : Buy harvest removes on poe reddit discord or find them yourself and clean the bow down to just multi and spell damage.

Step 4 : Craft multi mod and cannot roll attack mods on the bow. At this point it should have spell damage/multi/cannot roll attacks/multi mod ( 3 suffix 1 prefix). Exalted orb the bow and it will now have +1 all gems.

Step 5 : Remove all crafted mods. Craft multi mod again and +2 support + 10% double damage.

Ethereal Knives Vs Blade Vortex Vs Wander *3.13 update*
Spoiler

Blade vortex has a huge base damage but it requires aoe scaling to clear efficiently. Biggest benefit is the ability to wear MF at high levels of gear and its much cheaper to get started.
Clear - 7/10
Damage - 10/10
Safety before buffs - 5/10
Budget - 10/10
Ability to wear ventors - +20% loot

Ethereal knives has the power of being a strong physical spell as well as being a projectile. It clears about as far as wander but has a much higher base damage.
Clear - 9/10
Damage - 7/10
Safety before buffs - 9/10
Budget - 6/10

Wander is probably stronger then both once it gets going but I think it has a much higher chance to die early on in a hard map like delirium 5 vs EK solo. The other drawback is the high price of Pdps wands vs crafting the spell bow.
Clear - 10/10
Damage - 5/10
Safety before buffs - 7/10
Budget - 4/10

FAQS *3.13 update*
Spoiler

-Q: Best way to craft the curse cluster jewels.
A: Buy an ilvl 84 4/6 passive curse cluster and chaos spam. Look for dark discourse, whispers of death, and resistances.

-Q: Curse effect needed to be capped.
A: You need 135% in-game tooltip curse effect modifier(under misc). After that you add 30% from the helm enchant and 10% from curse on hit which puts you at 175%. This is the temporal chains buff cap with solstice on.

-Q: Why can't I kill mobs in 5 delirium.
A: We lost assassin's mark, the damage is much lower then last patch. You have to kite early on with temporal chains and work to get the first couple of kills.

-Q: Best bosser to make as a second character.
A: Ball lightning miner is the cheapest however if you dislike mines spectre's is another cheap alternative. Unlimited budget Fire BV and golems are nice builds.

-Q: Best delirium map to fracture
A: Any map in Haewark area for beyond currency passive or Valdo's for ancient orb spamming. Use 3 socket resonator luncent + fracture + dense to avoid temporal chains and cannot regen.

Have any questions/thoughts/improvements leave a post here or msg me in game.

IGN : @ㆍrustyㆍ
Discord : rusty#7560 (best way to contact me)

Last edited by Rustyy121 on Apr 12, 2021, 5:52:39 PM
Last bumped on May 22, 2021, 7:16:43 AM
Hello Rustyy121

Thank you for creating the post. I watched your Youtube video and I was looking exactly for something like this.

I have a very similar setup (not very optimized yet) but using Blade Vortex. Like you said on the post, is quite hard to go in their face and kill stuff on a delibrium 5. I mean I couldn't even kill stuff to get my HH started.

I took this build from a few previous league but it doesn't seem like is working out for me and I am planning to swap over to your build with Ethereal Knives.

However, I have spent almost all my currency already in this build and got a small amount left. Can you please look at my setup and tell me if I need to get a new 'bow', 'helmet', 'armor', and 'rings'? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

I will be switching over to your tree, but here is my setup so far:

"
Prolegend wrote:
Hello Rustyy121

Thank you for creating the post. I watched your Youtube video and I was looking exactly for something like this.

I have a very similar setup (not very optimized yet) but using Blade Vortex. Like you said on the post, is quite hard to go in their face and kill stuff on a delibrium 5. I mean I couldn't even kill stuff to get my HH started.

I took this build from a few previous league but it doesn't seem like is working out for me and I am planning to swap over to your build with Ethereal Knives.

Thanks for the post, we talked in game some.

Updated the guide with bow crafting section and T19 everything map under videos.
It is actually quite funny . But I also posted a similar Build guide to this without knowing this one existed. Mine has a similar idea but it utilizes zerphi's heart and inspired learning for a more budget friendly setup. You also go much faster with soul eater.
Thanks to OP for helping me in game and providing me very helpful details.
I have been able to craft all the pieces.

Went from this:
Spoiler

"
Prolegend wrote:
Hello Rustyy121

However, I have spent almost all my currency already in this build and got a small amount left. Can you please look at my setup and tell me if I need to get a new 'bow', 'helmet', 'armor', and 'rings'? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

To this (rares self crafted):
Spoiler

First of all thanks for your guide :)

Could you elaborate a bit more about stacking so much curse effectiveness? Isn't it capped anyway?

Why are you pushing for so much resistances? Are you trying to be ele weakness capped?

Thanks in advance
"
Prolegend wrote:
Thanks to OP for helping me in game and providing me very helpful details.
I have been able to craft all the pieces.

Went from this:
Spoiler

"
Prolegend wrote:
Hello Rustyy121

To this (rares self crafted):
Spoiler

wow you made great improvements! id love to know how to craft the pieces myself. maybe Rustyy could add more crafting tips besides the bow? would love it!
Last edited by bahnschranke on Jul 21, 2020, 11:23:44 AM
"
Lezzar wrote:
First of all thanks for your guide :)

Could you elaborate a bit more about stacking so much curse effectiveness? Isn't it capped anyway?

Why are you pushing for so much resistances? Are you trying to be ele weakness capped?

Thanks in advance

I am not the guide , but basically how the temp chains cap works is that the expiry rate for buffs "debuff" is capped at 75%. Or 175% with solstice and 275% without solstice. Howevver for I think most if not all the other curses are not capped in anyway. So stacking more curse effectiveness is often just a really easy way to gain more damage (eg , assasin's mark will give you more dmg when you get more curse effectiveness) or more defense (eg if using enfeeble).
thank for the build , can i ask why your EK mana cost is 0 ??

i have problem with my mana cost T_T
"
altdiablo wrote:
thank for the build , can i ask why your EK mana cost is 0 ??

i have problem with my mana cost T_T

I probably shouldn't be answering for him, but he has Vaal Clarity, also if your having Mana issues grab Mind Drinker Notable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info