[3.11] Cold BV PF Indigon ft. RF | All content done in HC! | Fast mapper, safe boss-killer

Build is pretty fun. Running the same non-crit with some minor tweaks (IE I swapped out the Vigilant strike links for a level 1 Cast on Damage Taken Molten Shell+Tempest Shield, as it provides a ~4k value shield far more frequently then I can bother to keep up (The micro on the build is fairly annoying already between flask piano, fortify, BV stacks and Vortex) and not much else is worth putting in besides tempest shield.

I also have gone the tankier route (As opposed to crit) of using a frenzy on hit chest (Which more or less gurantees 100% frenzy max uptime) and 3 end charges with phys redux stacking. It's not quite done, but I'm seeing a pretty cool 15-17m dps at peak, along with a stupidly tanky experience .
Last edited by EpsiIon on Aug 12, 2020, 12:34:37 PM
So I just finished this yesterday:

And it is possible to do it in a somewhat guaranteed or deterministic way with harvest craftings.
Spoiler
It's a bit complex and definitely not cheap, but cheaper than buying it from trade, imo. Especially, if you play since day 1 and have a lot of saved crafts and seeds.
tldr: What I did was going for the "+1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems" affix first, instead of the Hatred effect. And influence remove/add the Hatred effect later.

First, you need rare a non-influenced sceptre with the +1 all spell gems prefix. There are multiple ways for that:
- you can try and alt-regal one (really hard),
- fossil craft (Aetheric + Corroded + Metallic + Shuddering is just 5 tries on average, but will roll a lot of caster affixes along, which is bad)
- or just buy one from trade (example search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/XmVKaMBsP), best is ilvl80 or 81, and clear it down manually.

Once you have that, you'll need to make an item, with 3 prefixes and at least 1 open suffix in such a way that:
- 1 prefix is "+1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems"
- 2 prefixes are anything, making sure that the extra mods are tagged, but NOT caster only tag and/or NOT mana (since you cannot target remove them)

The easiest and cheapest way to achieve that is to spam attack augment/remove+add crafts until you have something like:
+1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems
115% increased Physical Damage
Adds 32 to 74 Fire Damage
+0-2 suffixes

Next step is:
- if you have only 1 open suffix, you'll need clear them down, with "Prefixes cannot be changed" and a scour or targeted harvest removes, if you can.
- if you have 2 open suffix and the existing mod is useful for you (eg: cast speed), you can choose to keep it and go to the next step
- if you have 2 open suffix and the existing mod is bad, you need clear it the same ways as with 1 open suffix

Your item should look like this:
+0-1 suffix

Next:
Craft "Cannot roll caster modifiers" and slam a Redeemer exalt on it.
We need the cannot roll caster mods, because it makes available pool smaller, increasing our chances.

- if you hit T1 Hatred effect, JACKPOT, go to next step
- if you didn't then the hard part begins, you will need to use Influence remove/add harvest crafts until you hit T1 Hatred effect. It's not that bad actually, the weights are the same, so you have 1in7 chance to hit it on average (or 1in6 if your sceptre is ilvl80-81), when done, go to next step.

Next, you sceptre should look like this:
Hatred has 36% increased aura effect
Cannot roll Caster modifiers
(0 or 1 extra suffix)

The last step is to clear the down extra the prefixes with targeted harvests removes (for this example it's 2 remove attack modifier or 1 phys, 1 fire just make you DON'T use remove caster craft)
and eventually end up with this:
Hatred has 36% increased aura effect
(0 or 1 extra suffix)

Congrats, your base is now done, you can continue crafting according to the guide in the first post (block attacks, add phys as extra, add +1 phys gems, etc...)
Last edited by sirdond on Aug 12, 2020, 2:24:33 PM
Just wanted to thank OP for writing up a detailed guide and including relevant info for HC.

This is my current item progression, a few T2s here and there which will require a bit more investment (rerolling T2 hatred for example), but i'm very proud of the items i managed to craft. Also working on a ring as we speak.

I'm happy to explain the crafting process on any items on request.

Shoutout to the guide, build is amazing all around.

edit: added cluster jewels (don't want to talk about the implicits)
Last edited by Vaga1234 on Aug 13, 2020, 9:10:20 AM
Question, I have made the build, but when I use Righteous fire my life go down so fast I can survive, what do I do for the skill not to take so much of my life pull
I start thinking about crafting a nice ring for this build, but before spending some currency, i want to be sure the mods "adds # cold damage per frenzy charge" and "add # cold damage to chilled ennemies" from redeemer influence work for our spell damage?
Hi, i followed step by step ur guide , items is quite good, but i dk why my damage is shjt, it takes ages to kill boss even i burnt my mana non-stop
Can u plz check my profile and see what i can upgrade plz, my Id: ltt26905 Char: HarRangerLTT
Tyvm
"
Question, I have made the build, but when I use Righteous fire my life go down so fast I can survive, what do I do for the skill not to take so much of my life pull

Can't really help you, you don't seem to have gear on that character anymore

"
I start thinking about crafting a nice ring for this build, but before spending some currency, i want to be sure the mods "adds # cold damage per frenzy charge" and "add # cold damage to chilled ennemies" from redeemer influence work for our spell damage?

They work, but they don't scale very well

"
Hi, i followed step by step ur guide , items is quite good, but i dk why my damage is shjt, it takes ages to kill boss even i burnt my mana non-stop
Can u plz check my profile and see what i can upgrade plz, my Id: ltt26905 Char: HarRangerLTT
Tyvm

Not sure, your damage looks fine on paper. Easy upgrades would be to use a wise oak if you're not using one yet, leveling up arcane surge on vortex for a bigger buff, and awakened gems. Also not sure if it's temporary, but you don't need freeze immunity on boots (I assume the dousing flask is for RF)
https://pastebin.com/g3m6JPQ7

Amazing build, I have so much fun, as advertised, tanky dps, all in one.
People who are complaining about dps, please do follow the guide one by one, there's bound to be some missing stuffs you missed out on.

Otherwords, OP, could you take a look at my PoB and know what I can do for increasing my dps? (By no means no dps, I have alot of dps to melt everything down, just wanna min-max it even more :D) Thank you so much!
Going to give this a shot thank you.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info