[3.12] Remi's Penance Brand Trickster | Beginner friendly guide | Great Clear + Boss | All content

sharing my tweak of this build.
"
https://pastebin.com/vQ3YmYtT

basically an elemental immune version of this build so i can free up the utility flask and use more unique one.

the cons probably like what was said earlier, it's prone to one hit kill, i wonder if there is a way to get more ehp(life or es)
Question Remi, have you ever thought of tweaking this build for delve? Apologies if i missed out a section of it, i just recently came across your miner guide and heard some delvers use Penance Brand, though i see that generally most people run mines. Your thoughts on deep delving with Penance?
Just put together this build in STD to see how it will perform with mid tier gear (kinda scuffed). Clearing is great and satisfying even without Holy Conquest (just need to invest more into cast speed and lower brand duration), bossing is serviceable (Guardians die quite easily, Shaper DPS is a bit lacking.) but I want to see what should I get next to boost single target. Guardians die quite easily, Shaper DPS is a bit lacking. There's working towards EShroud but I want to use an explody chest, so what will be my next upgrades?

Great guide, great build. Thank you for your time.

https://pastebin.com/2u1UvYzx
Spoiler
Last edited by oMySunshine on Dec 26, 2020, 9:21:54 AM
does this still work in 3.13?
"
shanazl wrote:
does this still work in 3.13?

Still works, just lower survivability but more damage. Though I will discontinue this guide as I don't have a lot of time to maintain all of them
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Hey guys! Can any1 with experience of Penance Brand tell me how this build will work with the Maven fights in 3.13?
I really want to make this work, but I read stuff about the DPS dropping with a boss has multiple adds. When fighting 10 bosses in the Maven fight there will be a lot of targets to jump to.
"
7ailen wrote:
Hey guys! Can any1 with experience of Penance Brand tell me how this build will work with the Maven fights in 3.13?
I really want to make this work, but I read stuff about the DPS dropping with a boss has multiple adds. When fighting 10 bosses in the Maven fight there will be a lot of targets to jump to.

I suspect Penance Brand will still be fine, especially if not using Holy Conquest because that's what killing the boss DPS.

Day 2 SSF Ritual update:
Damage is fine, single target and clear wise. If you invest in cast speed, Holy Conquest might not be needed. Survivability could use some love. I use Three Dragons for freeze/chill but if you want shock don't use it.

Spoiler
Last edited by oMySunshine on Jan 16, 2021, 11:23:50 PM
Thanks mate! Been playing this build since leaguestart and loving every minute of it!
I hit a tough spot after the campaign where I didn't have the currency to buy the 2x Call Of The Brotherhood rings and a 6-link chest. And I wasn't strong enough to get my 4th ascendancy.

Later I found that I wasn't using Flesh & Stone so I was getting killed a lot! Later I read the build again and the advice of Remi Caster to always keep Sand stance going :) so that helped a lot with surviving! That helped me getting the 4th ascendancy.

By sticking to the lower tier maps I was able to grind the required currency to buy the rings & the 6-link. Since that moment everything pops in a matter of seconds.

Now I'm at tier 9 maps and the content is a breeze! Yet, I still have so many possibilities to upgrade my gear :D

Hi everyone! Im playing this build and im loving it so far, right now getting into red maps. The other day i was watching MbXtreme wich is playing a diferent version of this build, and im wondering if is better this version of the build (conversion with Eternity Shroud) or is better to stack power charges with Void Battery?
Hi Luciodifran! Welcome to the build.

I've been playing this build since league start. Yesterday I've accomplished full conversion from Eternity Shroud. My damage is superb compared to other builds I've played, but this is also the character I've put most hours into ever.

I think you should read the section about 'why trickster'. Going Void Battery, power charges and crit will take you to the assassin ascendency. Remi Caster explains that this build has plenty of damage, more survivability and a bit cheaper to gear compared to the crit / assassin version.

The choice is up to you (ofcourse) and depends greatly on your skill and preference.

Note. With this build I have 5k health and 3k energy shield, almost evasion capped and stun immune (trickster). Even then I sometimes get wrecked in The Maven crucible. So I wouldn't be able to play this build as an assassin as this requires even more player skill to dodge the mechanics, but offers you greater damage potential.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info