[3.12] Secrets of Suffering GLACIAL CASCADE miner | boss killer | works in budget / League starter |

any tips for leveling ? and tree build progress please)))
"
campry wrote:
any tips for leveling ? and tree build progress please)))

You could use another Mine-Guide for leveling. e.g. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2249948

And switch to GLACIAL CASCADE later (at least thats my plan).
Is this build viable with Tremor Rod??
Firstly, to everyone asking if Tremor Rod is good : Can work right but you will lack some "increased critical strike chance", life and some damage on the wand and the shield (and level of gem on the shield). If you can have one, it could be good, but two good rares will still be better.
It can work better than last league because we have less base physical damage that we used with the "phys as extra cold" in the wand that gave us very good damage. To conclude : yes, you can use it, no item in this build is mandatory exept a few modifiers on some rare items. You can rearrange the build as you like.

"
divaka93 wrote:
I am doing a GC build as league start too and was looking into yours for ideas. I am still debating going for Secrets of suffering but I do have a question - why don't you use added fire damage with GC to get Scorched? It's not only that you would get 44% extra phys as fire dmg (which already makes for a decent link) but also you would have up to -30% ele resists on enemies. Also you could then use wave of conviction in CWDT for -25% fire res. This seems really powerful. I am kind of a noob in creating builds. Would that work? Or are you getting scorched some other way (I think on LL it may be ok to go for herald of ash instead)?

Firstly, now that the base physical damage of Glacial Cascade are much lower, "phys as extra" are less valuable.
Ailments are calculated by the damage of the hits so : - You will never have -30% ele resists on ennemies with so little investment (small part of the damage you deal are fire damage). In theory, you can convert all of our damage to fire damage and take effect of the fire damage notable, mods.. So that we deal only fire damage. But, you will not have Brittle, because you only deal Fire damage.
- Playing with an elemental ailment, you need to go all on one or it won't be worth it. I'll explain: let T be our total damage, F the part of fire damage we deal and C the part of cold damage we deal. We SUPPOSE (the numbers are simplified by the highest value of the ailment) that the effect of scorched when F = T is : -30% to ennemies res. And the effect of Brittle when C = T is: +15% base crit chance. When our damage are split into fire and cold, T = F + C : Scorched = -15% monster ele res and Brittle = +7.5% base crit chance. So if we convert 50% of our damage to fire, we lose 7.5% crit chance. By that, I mean that to really benefit an ailment, you need to go only on one type of damage. With what you want to do, you will have only a little portion of damage as fire and lose a whole ~50% MORE damage from a support gem wich can increased the effect of Brittle, and to be worth it, you will need increased fire damage (in 3.12, it will be really not worth it because base physical damage from the gem are much lower). And to finish : you obviously prefer base crit chance than a little bit of elemental penetration.

TL,DR: Scorched is less good than Brittle. If you want to play with an ailment, you want to only do the damage of it (mostly at least). So that means that if you want to play with fire, try to convert all damage to fire to match other source of fire pen, fire damage, etc...
Note that if you have just a little bit of fire damage (let say 1-5% of your damage), Scorched will do almost nothing but won't cause you to deal any less damage.
Last edited by mortpoilu on Sep 18, 2020, 3:09:16 PM
you write, clarity only when mod on watchers, so at league start no watchers , no aura then at all?
just no clarity, you take skitterbots and hatred
I`ll start with ur build. Sounds good. Never did GC Miner before just others spells.
One thing i know, miner is strong whatever spell is.
Lvling can be with GC too
Tip for those who are new with Mines: Link the detonation in the Left-Click Mouse. So that everytime you run any placed mine will detonate. =)
Last edited by chinsuko on Sep 18, 2020, 3:40:58 PM
How come we are not taking elemental focus support instead of controlled destruction support? It scales for a higher % of damage than controlled destruction by 5% at all levels.

Since Secrets of Suffering prevents us from basically inflicting any elemental ailments anyways, wouldn't elemental focus just be 100% increased crit and 5% more damage from controlled destruction or am I missing something? Thanks.
"
Aalandra wrote:
How come we are not taking elemental focus support instead of controlled destruction support? It scales for a higher % of damage than controlled destruction by 5% at all levels.

Since Secrets of Suffering prevents us from basically inflicting any elemental ailments anyways, wouldn't elemental focus just be 100% increased crit and 5% more damage from controlled destruction or am I missing something? Thanks.

Secrets of Suffering prevents us from inflicting Freeze and causes us to inflict Brittle instead. Brittle is still an elemental Ailment.
"
Nuraihyon wrote:
"
Aalandra wrote:

Secrets of Suffering prevents us from inflicting Freeze and causes us to inflict Brittle instead. Brittle is still an elemental Ailment.

Ohhh. Gotcha, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info