[3.11] Caustic Arrow Asenath's Chant Soulrend Occultist - 11k ES / 2.2M Shaper DPS / Insane clear

question what would be best playsyle for bosses/single target ? should i spam essence drain alone or both? sorry for the dumb question im fairly new to the game so was just wondering what would be the best way to make the most of single target damage
Hey, could someone explain how to craft the bow?... someone in global told me to do:

1 - Get a nice "% to damage over time multiplier" mod
2 - Crat "Cannot roll attack" mod
3 - Exalted and you get "+1 to level of socketed gems".

But, in the number 1, we need to get a suffix or a preffix with "% to damage over time multiplier", or its the same?...

Could someone help me with this?... Thanks in advance...
Last edited by Vyr75 on Jul 17, 2020, 1:50:26 AM
"
realMF16 wrote:
question what would be best playsyle for bosses/single target ? should i spam essence drain alone or both? sorry for the dumb question im fairly new to the game so was just wondering what would be the best way to make the most of single target damage

Essence drain mostly only on bosses, or hard elites. You should use Essence Drain then run around target, if safe use caustic with soulrend.
I think this build should be usable as a leaguestarter no ?
It would be nice to have a life / starter variant of the build, if you have the time and any interest of doing that.
I tend to only play 1 build a league (with very few exceptions).
"
thomzon wrote:
I think this build should be usable as a leaguestarter no ?
It would be nice to have a life / starter variant of the build, if you have the time and any interest of doing that.
I tend to only play 1 build a league (with very few exceptions).

I am working on a life version however the survivability/damage won't be great.
Any progress on the life build ? Or is it not viable in your opinion ?

I have been playing an ED Trickster spellslinger, and frankly after passing the 800k shaper DPS with ED, damage is not "great" per say but it is enough for all endgame bosses. Seems to be this build should be able to reach that much more easily than an ED spellslinger.
"
thomzon wrote:
Any progress on the life build ? Or is it not viable in your opinion ?

I have been playing an ED Trickster spellslinger, and frankly after passing the 800k shaper DPS with ED, damage is not "great" per say but it is enough for all endgame bosses. Seems to be this build should be able to reach that much more easily than an ED spellslinger.
You can probably easily respec a trickster to a similar build, TarkeCat was playing CA + asenath's chant soulrend on his trickster so it's quite viable.

Tbh not sure why would you want a life based Occultist instead of CI, except for levelling (which is fairly easy, just pick any life nodes in the vicinity, then once you obtain starter ES gear respec). You can buy bated breath, sin trek, soul strike and random 500+ es vaal regalia and that should be decent base to transition to CI from life.

"
Vyr75 wrote:
Hey, could someone explain how to craft the bow?... someone in global told me to do:

1 - Get a nice "% to damage over time multiplier" mod
2 - Crat "Cannot roll attack" mod
3 - Exalted and you get "+1 to level of socketed gems".

But, in the number 1, we need to get a suffix or a preffix with "% to damage over time multiplier", or its the same?...

Could someone help me with this?... Thanks in advance...
Step by step recipe:

1. Get ilvl 82+ 6 link non corrupted non influence bow. One from imperial legacy cards works as the budget base.

2. alt spam until you get "of liquefaction" (suffix) = damage over time multiplier

3. regal

4. if you got undesirable prefix, remove it with harvest ("remove attack" removes vast majority of them) or worst case beast craft "remove prefix add suffix" if non harvest targetable

5. if you regaled a suffix, or beast crafted a suffix from the above, is it one targetable with harvest? (enable advanced mod description and alt + mouseover) if it's attack, lightning, fire, cold, phys etc. keep it, if not you have 2 choices: yolo annul or suck it up and have a dead mod (it's not a big prob imo)

6. When you have rare bow with dot multi suffix:
- if it has 3 suffixes for some reason (it shouldn't), remove 1 with harvest (or annul but if it bricks you have to scour and restart), then craft "cannot roll attack modifiers" (recipe from 1 of the prophecy chains for pale court)
- if it has 2 suffixes, craft "cannot roll attack modifiers"
- if it has 1 suffix (dot multi), "cannot roll attack modifiers" THEN add a harvest mod (something easy to find like "lightning"), obviously you cannot add an attack one, reason is we want to fill the SUFFIX and not prefix (which majority are attack mods, we just blocked that)

7. whatever the outcome you have bow with 2 suffix, 1 of them dot multi, and crafted "cannot roll attack modifiers"
Now, slam an exalt or use leo rank 3 in research. You will get +1 to socketed gems (everything else is blocked by the "no attack" and suffixes are full).

8. Bench craft: remove crafted mods for 1 scour, multimod for 2ex (needs recipe from pale court fight), +2 to support gems 2ex (needs Catarina unveil) and 40% chaos damage over time multiplier 4c (random unveil)

9. (optional) Remember that harvest suffix you added? Or the one I said you can keep if you don't yolo annul? Well if you kept it and it's non removable, you keep it. If it's removable by harvest now is the time to remove it.
What you can put here:
- harvest gamble attack for extra arrow or 2, harvest add speed for projectile speed (but I heard speed seeds are mega rare so mby not worth the price), slam redeemer or warlord orb for some extra fancy mods, up to you but this is a lot of expense for qol / minuscule improvement (that's why I said it's fine if you have dead mod here)
Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 25, 2020, 3:59:15 PM
Gonna try this build as soon as I sell some gear, already made the bow, have to aug remove attack a few times to hit +1 bow, shame I didnt pick ilvl86 tho for +2...

Tailwind worth trying to get on boots?

Last edited by Jenova798 on Jul 25, 2020, 7:46:11 PM
"
Jenova798 wrote:
Tailwind worth trying to get on boots?
Personally I wouldn't bother on a build that has very low crit chance.

"
Vendetta wrote:
This is why I hate ES builds. But I just cannot push myself to play a male char , Shadow and play the life version.
You can always play a life based pathfinder. :P Trickster still encourages you to build ES and at least go hybrid if not full CI.

"
hexed1 wrote:
Bows are around 10-15ex if you dont want to craft them.
Crafting them saves you money though, it shouldn't cost more than 7-8ex to make one.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 25, 2020, 9:11:04 PM
nice one
Last edited by raNYnight on Jul 28, 2020, 9:53:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info