[3.20] ⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Inquisitor⚡ Leaguestart | Smooth Mapper | All Uber Bosses Down

"
Velyna wrote:
"
windrunner15 wrote:
Wave of conviction kills me often in physical reflect maps.

I kept wondering why i was dying to it, then remembered about Wave.

Anyway we fix this, besides removing the gem for the map?

You can swap to Frost Bomb for phys reflect maps to still get the exposure, it's just slightly less reliable. Once my damage was high enough I removed wave for reflect maps.

Yea, doing the same.

My build is reaching yours in terms of POB at least :D

Wish i had a wand like yours tho :P

Good build, thanks!
Last edited by windrunner15 on Jul 17, 2020, 6:48:28 PM
Omg, I didn't even realize wave was killing me in phys reflect maps! I just thought, oh I've got low-ish ES, must've been an on death or on ground effect. holy shit. I might actually hit 95 now.
"
yourpalpaul wrote:
Omg, I didn't even realize wave was killing me in phys reflect maps! I just thought, oh I've got low-ish ES, must've been an on death or on ground effect. holy shit. I might actually hit 95 now.

Will add an FAQ section later today to warn people, should have done that from the start my bad!
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
I don't know what I must be missing... I crafted the late game helmet with 5% mana reserved mod. I opted into losing a jewel for the conqueror's efficiency jewel with the 2% mana reserved off that since the 2 1% ones with good mods are gonna cost me too much right now.

Put a lvl 4 enlighten on HoT, HoI, and Zealotry. I've got the sovereignty nodes off the tree.

Redid links to link blood magic, precision and clarity (left flame dash out of blood magic)

I can't seem to activate spider still...? Do HoI, HoT, Zealotry and enlighten need to be linked together in the gloves or something?
"
yourpalpaul wrote:
I don't know what I must be missing... I crafted the late game helmet with 5% mana reserved mod. I opted into losing a jewel for the conqueror's efficiency jewel with the 2% mana reserved off that since the 2 1% ones with good mods are gonna cost me too much right now.

Put a lvl 4 enlighten on HoT, HoI, and Zealotry. I've got the sovereignty nodes off the tree.

Redid links to link blood magic, precision and clarity (left flame dash out of blood magic)

I can't seem to activate spider still...? Do HoI, HoT, Zealotry and enlighten need to be linked together in the gloves or something?

You can't have blood magic in gloves, it will support the Spider aspect and we want that on mana.

Last edited by Velyna on Jul 22, 2020, 10:48:15 AM
Nvm, figured it out. Wrong socket colors on gloves o.o
Last edited by yourpalpaul on Jul 22, 2020, 3:24:08 PM
Nice :)
One thing I think would be super helpful would be a crafting guide for the weapon or whatever non-obvious end pieces really push the build up to the next level (Like the helmet).

People get a lot of varying mileage out of the crafting system and for the players that don't engage with it often it's super intimidating. But I'll throw in a crafting guide for the helmet here so you can see what I mean, if you wanna add it in the helmet section and/or work up something similar for the wand. I got some crafting advice from someone that was broken down into the discrete particular steps I needed to get through the craft with my sanity intact.

Obviously, this is based on the harvest crafting options available to us right now in 3.11 but here's how I got my end game helmet:

I bought a ilvl 86 hubris circlet with the lab enchant for "40% increased storm brand damage" Cost: 50-60c I believe.

I hit it with perfect fossils until I hit the 29% quality. (maybe like 100c since I got lucky ish, had some trash rolls and the range is kind of large so I could see it being maybe another 100-200 chaos.)

Hit it with a redeemer orb (150c or so at the time)

Transmuted, alted & auged it until I hit T1 "less mana reserved" (suffix) with dmg taken from hits as cold dmg (prefix). This was a removable mod through harvest so I rmvd cold leaving me with a 1 mod magic item with T1 "Less mana reserved". If you hit 4% and you need 5%, you can divine for 5% before you move forward.

So from here
-Imprint this with the "craicic chimerial" beast (65c per rn). Making a copy to revert back to if my regal was bad.
-Regal hit mod I couldnt rmv through harvest
-Annul Miss, rmvd less mana reserved
-Revert to imprinted item
-Re-Imprint
-Regal, hit mod I couldn't rmv through harvest
-Annul hit bad mod and left me with 1 mod rare item, T1lessmanareserve

From here
-Harvest Aug Defense mod 3x to block all open prefixes
-Hit 3 ES mods, Flat ES was T2

Now I have rare item 3 ES mods as prefixes and 1 suffix T1"LessManaReserved".

-I craft worst cold res from crafting bench
-Aug cold, try to hit -9 cold res to nearby enemies (redeemer mod)
- If hit, move on to next step
-Miss and hit to freeze (also redeemer mod)
-Go back to bench and rmv crafted cold res
-Rmv cold
-Recraft cold res from bench
-Aug cold again and try to hit -9 cold res to nearby enemies

I redid this step 4 times before I hit the -9coldres to nearby enemies. Once you have the -9coldres, go ahead and wipe off the crafted cold res on your bench.

Next Step: I actually didn't do this step as my ES mods were T2 Flat, T4 %EsMod, and T3HybridEsMod and it was at 259 overall with the extra quality. All I did to finish was craft the resist onto there to shore up stuff, You could also craft chaos res, or Light Radius is based on ES instead of life to free up a skill point (although there's not that many great places for it end game).

If you were to do this step because your ES mods were bad or you wanted to get over 300 ES you would do this.

-Rmv Def x3 (All prefixes now open)
-Aug Def
-Rmv/Add Def until you hit T1 Flat ES
-Then aug Def twice more and hope to hit good %ESmod and hyridESmod rolls

At this point if you hit bad % and hybrid es mods, you're kind of in the weeds, you could always rmv all 3 es mods and start over from trying to hit T1 flat and go from there.

With buying crafts from people and failing some steps more than I would've liked, it was probably 8-10 in pure ex. It would be decently cheaper if you hit the -9coldres on 1st or 2nd try. I also bought a lot of crafts from people due to impatience but you could totally try just buying the seeds and working on it over time to cut the cost a bit by maybe a few exalts.

But yeah, if you wanted to condense this and use it for the helmet feel free, I'm looking for something similar with the wand as I'm unsure how to hit some of this stuff optimally since it's a lot of prefixes from the early crafting stuff before the meta modding comes in later.

Last edited by yourpalpaul on Jul 24, 2020, 2:14:37 PM
Just wanted to check back in Velyna -- I found this build for my friend who needed a stronger and tankier build, but she didn't want to play melee.

- For the first time since 3.6 she absolutely CRUSHED this league. She had no problem with content. In fact, I think she finished with around 5m shaper DPS, and was so successful for once she got BORED.

- We helped her friend who loved my build (Assassin storm brand) and I suggested this one for him instead, as it was cheaper and easier, plus much tankier. He also loved it and crushed the game.

- Friend of a friend was struggling early in league, he was frustrated and wanted, again, something with high damage, low relative cost, and tanky... Linked him this build. Within about 2 days he was boasting about how easy POE was with this build.

You made a real winner. VERY easy for new players, league starter, and sky is the limit for how strong you can make it.
Will this be viable in 3.12?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info