[3.20] ⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Inquisitor⚡ Leaguestart | Smooth Mapper | All Uber Bosses Down

"
tru2dgame wrote:
I got to 89 with this and the ES still seemed a little low. If you are feeling this way as well, consider a medium cluster with Stalwart Commander for 30% Discipline Effect (Adds alot of ES) as well as a small Energy from Naught to add 100 Flat ES.

I had not transitioned to the Hubris yet and in all fairness it was my league starter. I also suffered through about 900 fusings to get my Shavs 6L. At this point I put the character down and will revisit when I have the currency to hop back in with more gear. Damage was acceptable for the level of the character and the type of content. Especially once you got multiple brands on your single target was good. I did have a lvl 21/20 storm brand though - which helps a lot.

"
"
tru2dgame wrote:
I also suffered through about 900 fusings to get my Shavs 6L.

I feel your pain..

I gave up leaving it up rng it at 500.. I'm now just saving to get to 1500 and taking luck out of the equation.. I'm stuck in starting gear without it

I felt like 5L damage was totally fine until T16's (it also depends on the rest of your gear, but it's absolutely doable).

getting the 1500 fusings to grab a 6L Shav's is a tad bit cheaper than just buying the 6L as it is (fusings going for 0.37c and 1ex being 81c). but the build absolutely works well for the sole purpose of farming currency.
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

I felt like 5L damage was totally fine until T16's (it also depends on the rest of your gear, but it's absolutely doable).

5L is indeed ok even for T16 without "mob ele res" mods, i did A5 Sirus with it, with a lil bit of pain
Spoiler
(alot of pain)
Btw, didnt notice giant damage boost with 6L, i think my watcher's eye with ele pen from critzz conflicts with Controlled destruction support, am i right?
ok so is first time that i play a brand build and the templar class so far the build is a blast but i dont understand brand recall cant seem to wrap my head around it
"
shadowpotion wrote:
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

5L is indeed ok even for T16 without "mob ele res" mods, i did A5 Sirus with it, with a lil bit of pain
Spoiler
(alot of pain)
Btw, didnt notice giant damage boost with 6L, i think my watcher's eye with ele pen from critzz conflicts with Controlled destruction support, am i right?

100% reduced crit with a 45% more multiplier to damage is totally fine, we have more than enough crit to do big damage reliably.

my 6th link was just a nice boost to damage (added lightning support), that turned into an even big boost when I upgraded it into it's awakened version. at lv 5, it gets a +1 to linked lightning spell skill gems, and that's another power spike.

so far, I just had trouble with EE maps. it's one of the only thing that disables my brand from perma-freezing T16 bosses (that and 70% chance to avoid ailments). everything else is buttery smooth.

"
Sharpeyx wrote:
ok so is first time that i play a brand build and the templar class so far the build is a blast but i dont understand brand recall cant seem to wrap my head around it

cast it and your brands will be transported and will gather around you, having more attachment range to jump into other enemies. with a high level Brand Recall gem and a Second Wind support (both 20% quality), the cooldown reaches almost 2.3s, and that is absolutely great for making your brands keep up with you (while you also spam them).

the secret is: put it into your LMB (in the place of your regular walking button) and use it to move. you'll spam it without even noticing, instantly dealing with enemies as you waltz around.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Sep 30, 2020, 3:10:30 AM
cool thanks for answer
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

getting the 1500 fusings to grab a 6L Shav's is a tad bit cheaper than just buying the 6L as it is (fusings going for 0.37c and 1ex being 81c). but the build absolutely works well for the sole purpose of farming currency.

for those of us that don't have lucky rng, it'll take many weeks to get 5-6 ex to buy a 6l shav, if it even happens

I've had exactly 1 ex drop so far.. and I'll need to cash that in for the amulet and a ring

after wasting the first 500 fuses, i'm back up to 600ish by picking up and vendoring literally anything that drops that is sell-able

as I've gotten into t4 t5 maps, I'm running into mobs where I just stand in front of them as the brands are burning on them, and it's taking longer and longer for them to drop.. I really hope the midrange gear will help that

I keep looking at everyone's gear and how it gets upgraded, I notice you don't have a trigger wand (at least looking at your character as I type this), do you not need it?

And I see Velnya got her bottled faith.. very jealous ;)
"
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

for those of us that don't have lucky rng, it'll take many weeks to get 5-6 ex to buy a 6l shav, if it even happens

I've had exactly 1 ex drop so far.. and I'll need to cash that in for the amulet and a ring

after wasting the first 500 fuses, i'm back up to 600ish by picking up and vendoring literally anything that drops that is sell-able

as I've gotten into t4 t5 maps, I'm running into mobs where I just stand in front of them as the brands are burning on them, and it's taking longer and longer for them to drop.. I really hope the midrange gear will help that

I keep looking at everyone's gear and how it gets upgraded, I notice you don't have a trigger wand (at least looking at your character as I type this), do you not need it?

And I see Velnya got her bottled faith.. very jealous ;)

I actually got this wand as soon as I hit lv 70 (paid something like 30c) and I haven't upgraded it since. I'm looking for a:

- spell damage implicit
- +1 level to all spell skill gems prefix
- +1 level to all lightning spell skill gems prefix
- spell crit suffix

and 2 suffixes/1 prefix open (to craft multi-mod/ spell damage & non-chaos to chaos / spell trigger). so far, I had no need to get the trigger, but I know for sure it would add a really, REALLY big chunk of damage to the build via cold exposure from wave of conviction.

as for your damage issues, i'd 100% go for a 5L shavs as it is. the damage you get from just a 5L shavs and low life goes far beyond just a regular 6L. both call of the brotherhood rings with elemental catalysts are also a must, turning all your lightning damage into cold is key to making mapping feel good AND safe. low ES rolls gear is cheap to come by, too. aiming for 100es gloves and boots, 200es helmet and a cheap bated breath are more than enough to put you into a nice position. the only real expensive upgrade would be a presence of chayula, but even that is quite cheap these days (going for 60c right now).

also, arrange your fire dash into an arcane surge + second wind alongside brand recall. link precision to blood magic, use it on a low level and, most importantly, grab crit nodes on the tree. you got a few crit investments on flasks + gear, but absolutely nothing on the tree.

by the way @Velyna, one way to deal with Wave of Conviction's physical portion and completely negate phys reflection would be linking it to a Physical to Lightning support gem on the trigger wand (alongside Lightning Golem). It would guarantee the lightning conversion, and then the lightning to cold conversion from our rings (as the conversion order is Physical → Lightning → Cold → Fire → Chaos).
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Sep 30, 2020, 9:24:53 AM
Guys. I've tried everything now but I can't for the life of me fit in the Zealotry aura in my build. What am I doing wrong?
"
papegojbur wrote:
Guys. I've tried everything now but I can't for the life of me fit in the Zealotry aura in my build. What am I doing wrong?

Clarity lv 20 is taking too much mana. Use it at a low level.

Also, dude.

Read that Energy from Within's tooltip.

You're getting absolutely nothing from it on that jewel slot.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Sep 30, 2020, 9:37:49 AM
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
"
papegojbur wrote:

Clarity lv 20 is taking too much mana. Use it at a low level.

Also, dude.

Read that Energy from Within's tooltip.

You're getting absolutely nothing from it on that jewel slot.

Big thanks! I really appreciate your help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info