[3.11] Doryani's Disciple | 3 - 4 million Sirus dps | Budget Friendly Doryani's Fist build guide

"
Tales_Black wrote:
Well I made some alterations on your build to run some spicy stuff. I dropped Fragility for a Watcher's Eye with #% Attack Damage (Precision) and #% Lightning Damage (Wrath), and it simply one shots most of t15 bosses and some t16 bosses. To compensate the Fragility, I mastercrafted my amulet with "+1 to minimum Endurance Charges". Also if you get a t1 Dexterity and a t1 Intelligence (one in any ring and one in a STR/INT amulet), both boosted with attribute catalysts you can get rid of almost every stat needs. Maybe will still need some DEX on boots, but nothing we can't handle.

Your build is awesome.

BUT
Have you tried Doryani's Lession (how ironic) on the large cluster? As it is a LIFE SUFFIX it shouldn't be hard to get with Harvestcrafting. If we get it, we can drop Feast of Flesh to get something better such as Fettle.

You, as the author, recommend me any changes? Here's my current PoB =)
https://pastebin.com/EKmuBC2U

EDIT: Never tried calculating Warcries and don't know if I made it right, but damage compensations are in the Doryani's Fist.
EDIT2: Just completed AL8 T16 Hall of the Grandmasters with your build, my dude!

Hey glad to hear that you like the build! I wish I had doryani's lesson on my clusters but I wasn't lucky enough to roll it. I took a look at your POB, and the high-level investment/changes you made look really good overall, there are only a few small suggestions I can make at this point. First, there are a few helm enchantments that can up your damage, I personally went with the berserk effect, but honestly I'd go with exerted attack damage with attacks exerted by seismic cry(50% inc). I see you're going towards rampart on the tree which is great, and after that I recommend picking up versatile stance. As for your gear, try to roll more life, and get rid of any phys damage mods and replace them with lighting/elemental damage mods(you can't deal phys damage with the chest piece). Oh also, your elemental pen calcs were a little off, and after fixing them I think you have around 30-33 million dps with all your buffs up, which is like 2-3 times mine lol.
hi, im plying league cuz i liked your build and im loving it! just a question: for glove ench should i go with of reflection or of tempest?
Just wanted to say I love your build man. I have always wanted to do a Doryani's build but I could never make it work in past leagues.

Currently rocking it in Heist and it feels so good to play. Nice job on the Cluster Jewel usage!
Playing this build in Heist and I adore it. Still amazed at your creativity!

I managed to more or less barely cap my resistances without using the helm slot (running warding quicksilver to deal with Ele Weakness). This left the helm slot open for Crown of the Inward Eye. I'm thinking Transfiguration of Body + 1k Armor + 21% max life is more than the vast majority of helms, but maybe I'm overlooking some crazy influence mod.

I'm also considering if a Watcher's Eye (Wrath for Inc. Lightning and Precision for Attack Damage, coming out to ~7% DPS) is worth allocating 5 passive points for. I'd have to give up the fortify nodes right now and PoB claims that they actually decrease my DPS for some reason - I'm guessing it's an Attack Rate calculation issue. The build is incredibly jewel hungry and I'd love to be able to run the Watcher's Eye with less point investment.

Also I *wish* I had one more jewel slot for both Clarity and level 1 Precision (if Watcher's Eye)

Only stat I'd really like more of is a wee bit more life since 5440 still feels kind of low without a bunch of physical mitigation; planning on getting a bit more of that on a new Talisman, but I doubt I can push it to 6k without buying mirror tier Vises, Boots, and a Ring.

Other

- I opted to run Molten Shell over Steelskin since I think my Armour is high enough at minimum 9300.
- Put Phase Run into the CWDT chain partly because of Delve, partly just to prevent traffic jams. Unsure of how much effect this has - I usually dash away to run, anyways. Could be possibly removed for Precision if I end up running a Watcher's Eye... or maybe a Portal for more QoL.
- Took Warning Call on a Medium Cluster, PoB says it's giving me a solid 3600 Armor when everything is active. Can definitely feel the survivability go up.
- Using Kiara's Determination while Mapping to guarantee Stun Immunity since a good 50-70% of my deaths are due to stun.
- Also using Basalt Flask to help out the phys mitigation.

Killed A8 Sirus on 2/2 tries with my pretty bad technical skill, so I think your build is at the very least workable. :)

Let me know if you have any thoughts on how to further min-max besides Level 21 gems/Awakened Elemental. Snatching up a Bottled Faith would be a definite improvement across the board but it's a wee expensive. I suppose I could gun for a corrupted Doryani's Prototype with an Increased Damage + Max Life but that's also a bit pricey since I'd have to make it myself, right now.

----------------------------------

EDIT:

I've managed to bump my life up to 6k through some min-maxing! It's quite expensive though, so I'm estimating that most budget-friendly builds will clock in at about 5100-5300 HP. This was enough to do Uber Elder on first try; the field doesn't get too crazy since the DPS on Doryani's is ridiculous and keeps the fight short.

Here's the PoB for my tweaked build. PoB estimates DPS to be around 8.3M with 0 Rage and 0 recent warcries (realistically rage is between 20-40 on average with warcries constantly going off). The average hit for a punch is >5M.

Build and Gear:
https://pastebin.com/PvvJN5aT

All in all, the above gear probably cost me somewhere between 15-20ex. A perfectly workable end-game (T16 Maps, A7 Sirus) feels comfortable with only 3ex investment or so.
Last edited by OnlyHappyMistakes on Oct 23, 2020, 12:10:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info