[3.18]Bleed Explosive Arrow Ballista totem| league starter| cheap | 2m+ w starter gear

"
DaveOshiCZ wrote:
Can someone clear something for me? I run this build adjusted for self attack with Brutality gem and in PoB changing explosive arrow level does not change DPS at all, but number of arrow stacks does, a lot. Why is that? And isnt it better to go for faster attacking bows?

The gem level only changes the flat added fire damage which is irrelevant for bleed. the Explosion damage effectiveness is 50% at all levels so only the quality can be helpful.

The number of arrows on the other hands gives 3% more damage per arrow that with the fact that explosive arrow will calculate the ailment damage based on the combined damage of all the arrows is the main reason that makes explosive arrow viable for bleed.

So when choosing the bow you have to balance the physical damage of the bow with your current attack speed to make sure that you are reaching the max arrows stacks.

going for self attack is viable but to reach the max stacks you would need to be standing still for a while and invest a lot into attack speed. I saw a streamer named Octavian try that and used insanity gloves with bleed and attack speed supports but it seems he gave up on it in the end.

Personally if you are ok with standing still and attacking for few seconds maybe it would be better to go with puncture with the snipe helmet.
I like the build, it is the first time I am trying a totem build, and I like the relaxed playstyle in them in your build.

The bow were a bit more expensive than 15c, if I wanted the right enchant, but still a lot cheaper than a lot of other builds, but when you get it, it really makes a world to difference.

I have been played a bit now, and tried to upgrade a few things here and there, as can be seen here:
https://pastebin.com/ubyUYqy2

I still need to switch the gloves and get Rumi's Concoction, but aside from that I think there is only small improvements to be found.

I tried to move a few skill points into a cluster jewel with Student of decay for chaos resistance and circling oblivion for extra dmg.

I found that the Witchfire brew flask should be quite a nice boost as well, if damage feel lacking.

Also changed the warbanner to a flame golem, because I simply forget to use the banner :)

"
Larvalis wrote:
I like the build, it is the first time I am trying a totem build, and I like the relaxed playstyle in them in your build.

The bow were a bit more expensive than 15c, if I wanted the right enchant, but still a lot cheaper than a lot of other builds, but when you get it, it really makes a world to difference.

I have been played a bit now, and tried to upgrade a few things here and there, as can be seen here:
https://pastebin.com/ubyUYqy2

I still need to switch the gloves and get Rumi's Concoction, but aside from that I think there is only small improvements to be found.

I tried to move a few skill points into a cluster jewel with Student of decay for chaos resistance and circling oblivion for extra dmg.

I found that the Witchfire brew flask should be quite a nice boost as well, if damage feel lacking.

Also changed the warbanner to a flame golem, because I simply forget to use the banner :)

Glade you are enjoying it. The crimson storm price surprisingly higher this league it was very cheap in Harvest. my guess is that is because people stay away from maps longer in Heist and the bow only drop from betrayal.
but you can replace it with any bow with high physical damage and still do a good dps.
I checked your PoB there is still alot of improvements that can be made if you are willing to invest the currency like:
Gloves with damage overtime multi and attack speed
boots with faster bleeding
Amulet with both physical damage and damage over time multi
explodi chest if you like Explosions
Elder bow with hight physical damage + 100% more bleeding mod + attack speed + damage overtime multi
watchers eye with damage overtime multi or faster bleed (or both)
"
ebadr wrote:
Glade you are enjoying it. The crimson storm price surprisingly higher this league it was very cheap in Harvest. my guess is that is because people stay away from maps longer in Heist and the bow only drop from betrayal.
but you can replace it with any bow with high physical damage and still do a good dps.
I checked your PoB there is still alot of improvements that can be made if you are willing to invest the currency like:
Gloves with damage overtime multi and attack speed
boots with faster bleeding
Amulet with both physical damage and damage over time multi
explodi chest if you like Explosions
Elder bow with hight physical damage + 100% more bleeding mod + attack speed + damage overtime multi
watchers eye with damage overtime multi or faster bleed (or both)

Sweet will try out some of the upgrades you mention :)

Edit: Been looking at the prices and there is a bit of farming ahead if I have to make some big upgrades XD
Last edited by Larvalis on Oct 8, 2020, 12:03:35 PM
"
Larvalis wrote:

Sweet will try out some of the upgrades you mention :)

Edit: Been looking at the prices and there is a bit of farming ahead if I have to make some big upgrades XD

Well there is no limit to how much you can spend. I usually don't play enough to get those items myself :)
Thanks for this build. I love playing totem builds and I have been looking for something for my Scion. There is not a lot of Scion builds out there. I need to get make some adjustments to my tree, small upgrades to my gear, then craft a nice cluster jewel and I think I will be all set. I'm still too squishy, but I can do T14+ if I am careful with not a lot of problems.
"
lurak wrote:
Thanks for this build. I love playing totem builds and I have been looking for something for my Scion. There is not a lot of Scion builds out there. I need to get make some adjustments to my tree, small upgrades to my gear, then craft a nice cluster jewel and I think I will be all set. I'm still too squishy, but I can do T14+ if I am careful with not a lot of problems.

I am glade that you like it. if you feel squishy maybe you can focus more on life/block chance to compensate. increased effect of offering on chest will also help alot
Hi!
I enjoy the build very much, but I struggle with totem ability to stay alive for more than half a second. It get oneshotted pretty much by everything even with totem life and res nodes. If resummon them constantly I cant get enough fusing stacks. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Here is pob link: https://pastebin.com/AZJW76Mh
IGN : Jarvandar
"
madgod88 wrote:
Hi!
I enjoy the build very much, but I struggle with totem ability to stay alive for more than half a second. It get oneshotted pretty much by everything even with totem life and res nodes. If resummon them constantly I cant get enough fusing stacks. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Here is pob link: https://pastebin.com/AZJW76Mh

it seems there is a problem with pastebin. I cannot open it. (maybe because of the problem on the site lately).

what is the level of the ballista support? more level = more totem life
Last edited by ebadr on Oct 16, 2020, 1:23:14 PM
Balista level 19, already killed Sirus 5 deathless, it is not a problem with this fight, but a huge pain in the ass while mapping or at bosses with a lot of aoe or degen areas (guardians for example).
IGN : Jarvandar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info