[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

"
Vocasek9 wrote:
Any advice for defense upgrade except CI?

https://pastebin.com/FZ1MNwMh

Read through the last half dozen pages or so and work on getting all of the RMR nodes on the passive tree, that long with a good helm RMR enchant and playing with cluster jewels you can fit the alt quality determination and grace along with flesh and stone. I am sitting at around 15000 armor along with 90% resists.
Ya thats the thing you can guys can still upgrade your characters without going CI, everyone seems to just gloss over what we type every day though, not sure why tbh.

Its a very minor and easy change, you manually extend your skill tree to charisma, change your annointment to champion of the cause, and just use a thread of hope in the top center to get ravenous horde and save some points to cover the extension.

After that you can gradually add corrupted reduced mana reserved jewels or change pieces of equipment.

The 2 pieces I hound people to drop are the 2nd ring and the boots, use Doryani's Sorcerer Boots with whatever purity you had in that second ring and setup a hungry loop for your spectres, this gives you immortal spectres and opens 2 gem sockets for you letting you add Flesh and Stone with Maim Support or something else you need.

If you really want to improve your life stop shield charging like an 98 year old templar and run this 3 link;

That enchance does 2 HUGE things, it gives your minions 44% more damage, and gives you a full uptime phase run and you will literally go untouched 98% of the time through everything.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Nov 24, 2020, 2:18:11 PM
If you guys do manage to get Grace and Determination into the lowlife version go with Anomalous Grace and Divergent Determination and you can abuse the CI links to get insane defenses and immunities.

The main 4 link we employ for 22% of our evasion as extra armour and shock and ignite immunity is this;

Note the enhance its manditory if your going that route, when combined with grace its very strong, you can read the grace description here, in my shield;

Remember your tripling those effects if your multiplier is 300% so 20% chance to avoid ignite would be 60 so on and so on.
so if I understand correctly, maim linked to flesh and stone > maim linked to zombies, since the maim effect is going to be amplified further with our aura, right?
asking this because path of building returns me the same result linking main with either zombies or flesh and stone.

also, why would a "crappy" wand with +2 levels be an upgrade compared to cold iron point?
I have tried importing several 15-25 ex wands into my pob, and none of them was really an upgrade.
it often resulted in a dps loss or very close dps to the one of the cold iron point.
"
Giammafix wrote:
so if I understand correctly, maim linked to flesh and stone > maim linked to zombies, since the maim effect is going to be amplified further with our aura, right?
asking this because path of building returns me the same result linking main with either zombies or flesh and stone.

also, why would a "crappy" wand with +2 levels be an upgrade compared to cold iron point?
I have tried importing several 15-25 ex wands into my pob, and none of them was really an upgrade.
it often resulted in a dps loss or very close dps to the one of the cold iron point.

Flesh and Stone's maim effect is affected/tripled by our aura multiplier hence why its significantly stronger then simply linking maim to a zombie.

Asfar as the "crappy wand" goes I cant even begin to help you on that if were that far apart on the topic, my "crappy" wand sells for 50ex minimum and adds massive boosts to everything we have, you cant just try to toggle a couple boxs in PoB to figure everything out for you.

A cold iron point boosts your carrion golems, pride, and dread banner, thats it, get a proper +2 wand and you increase EVERYTHING by 1-2 levels.....again, theres a reason badly rolled ones start at like 16ex and cold iron point daggers are 15c.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Nov 24, 2020, 3:42:57 PM
"
JCOH35 wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:

Flesh and Stone's maim effect is affected/tripled by our aura multiplier hence why its significantly stronger then simply linking maim to a zombie.

Asfar as the "crappy wand" goes I cant even begin to help you on that if were that far apart on the topic, my "crappy" wand sells for 50ex minimum and adds massive boosts to everything we have, you cant just try to toggle a couple boxs in PoB to figure everything out for you.

A cold iron point boosts your carrion golems, pride, and dread banner, thats it, get a proper +2 wand and you increase EVERYTHING by 1-2 levels.....again, theres a reason badly rolled ones start at like 16ex and cold iron point daggers are 15c.

thanks for the answer.
though, I still can't understand how a 15 ex wand would be an upgrade if I lose around 700k dps per golem with a +2 wand, yes it gives a bit more energy shield, and allows us to run one additional spectre, maybe it's good because of the craft "trigger a socketed spell"?
"
WaffleT wrote:
[

Buying a +2 convoking wand (+1 Spell +1 Minion) with other good rolls is a straight upgrade from iron point allowing far more flexibility from +1 to all aura gems and global minion life. More expensive and still has the 1 less golem annoyance from clayshaper

From the original guide but as I said I cant help you if your that dug in on using a starter weapon b/c you blindly follow PoB that you have setup wrong.
alright then.
anyone else who can help me figure out the difference between the cold iron point and the +2 wand in terms of dps? because I honestly don't understand where I'm wrong
"
JCOH35 wrote:

A cold iron point boosts your carrion golems, pride, and dread banner, thats it, get a proper +2 wand and you increase EVERYTHING by 1-2 levels.....

not really everything, only the gems with the "spell" tag iirc
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
JCOH35 wrote:

A cold iron point boosts your carrion golems, pride, and dread banner, thats it, get a proper +2 wand and you increase EVERYTHING by 1-2 levels.....

not really everything, only the gems with the "spell" tag iirc

You need to stop, your like the guy screaming that the earth is flat.....

Would you rather have;

+3 to carrion golems
+3 to dread banner
+3 to pride

OR

+2 to carrion golems
+2 to zombies
+2 to spectres
+2 to animated guardian
+1 to EVERY single aura you run
+1 to minion life support
+1 to feeding frenzy
+1 to minion damage or predator support

Seriously guy.....cold iron points are perfectly fine as you start out but please stop this insane debate, you are wrong, its ok, but just let it go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info