[3.14] Gryph's Thirsty Archmage Cremation Necromancer

"
slimob wrote:
Why do you use a Level 19 Sigil of Power?

Because I didn't buy one. :P
Why is nobody using the intensity node if the spell benefits from it.
Maybe I am missing something?
"
Psykrom wrote:
Why is nobody using the intensity node if the spell benefits from it.
Maybe I am missing something?

Intensity stacks are like booze. Too much of a good thing is bad. :D

Jokes aside, every stack of intensity reduces AOE drastically and loses one projectile. It also requires you to cast an additional cremation geyser to get to the new max stacks and just doesn't feel good.

But yes, the numbers look good. Just not in practice
Gryph, would you say Unnatural Instinct is worth it for it's current price (5 ex plus)? It looks like it gives us a bit of AoE, cast speed, duration and mana, but I feel like not enough to be worth it?

Otherwise if I have the helm enchant and the Clarity Watchers' Eye, what would be the next big ticket item to go after?
"
Zhain wrote:
Gryph, would you say Unnatural Instinct is worth it for it's current price (5 ex plus)? It looks like it gives us a bit of AoE, cast speed, duration and mana, but I feel like not enough to be worth it?

Otherwise if I have the helm enchant and the Clarity Watchers' Eye, what would be the next big ticket item to go after?

AOE+Mana are very nice. You can use a rare jewel instead though if you'd like. Life+Mana to start are nice.

As for next piece: I'd go for a better shield in your case. Also, Fertile Catalysts for Rings+Ammy

Can also work on a mana recovery + life stygian. Hunter+Shaper/redeemer base and spam pristine + lucent fossils is a solid starting point for that.
Is a mana recovery stygian min-maxing, or does it make a material difference to survivability?
"
ynnad wrote:
Is a mana recovery stygian min-maxing, or does it make a material difference to survivability?

It makes a material difference to mana recovery. 24% with catalysts and perfect roll.

If you have 4k regen base, that's 1k more mana regen. THAT'S A LOT especially if you want to use righteous fire actively
So this build made my first lvl 100 char! Awesome experience from start to finish. The build allows such a smooth league start and has a high ceiling with the crit version. So tanky, so much damage. Maybe one day Gryph adds a luxury section for people who want to sink currency and get the most out of Crema.

• Character on poe.ninja
  • did 40% Deli from 99 to 100, 0 deaths; 100% Deli is doable, but lots of annoying clicking for loot
  • Delve: reached 700, could go a bit deeper
  • Headhunter: feels nice, fast and safe for mapping (never tried one before). Redeemer belt with Mana Recovery is a (stronger) alternative.
  • other gear replacements: rare helmet + amulet + better weapon – but only slight improvements, not worth the hassle. Crown and Foible are strong. Also lots of different variations for the crit variant in general.
  • Melting Sirus last phase

Keep up your good guides, Gryph! A friend also had lots of fun with your Burning Witch :)
"
entweder wrote:
So this build made my first lvl 100 char! Awesome experience from start to finish. The build allows such a smooth league start and has a high ceiling with the crit version. So tanky, so much damage. Maybe one day Gryph adds a luxury section for people who want to sink currency and get the most out of Crema.

• Character on poe.ninja
  • did 40% Deli from 99 to 100, 0 deaths; 100% Deli is doable, but lots of annoying clicking for loot
  • Headhunter: feels nice, fast and safe for mapping (never tried one before). Redeemer belt with Mana Recovery is a (stronger) alternative.
  • other gear replacements: rare helmet + amulet + better weapon – but only slight improvements, not worth the hassle. Crown and Foible are strong. Also lots of different variations for the crit variant in general.

Keep up your good guides, Gryph! A friend also had lots of fun with your Burning Witch :)

Gratz dude! There are a lot of ways to take this build and I love when you guys take the reigns for what feels good to *you*

Nice Sirus kill btw!
"
entweder wrote:

• Character on poe.ninja

Nice minmaxing on your char! I also never got HH before and thinking to go for some occultist version.
I have 100+ ex right now and the build is pretty much done I feel it's probably one of the worst options to use HH with, since we barely benefit from anything, especially with agnostic.
this is my build
low poeninja damage because of trinity and gmp, and testing with inspired learning first

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info