[3.14] LACERMAN BUILD (Fast ClearSpeed + EZ to Play + All Content + Block)

Hey!

Just wanted to point out that instead of Discipline and Training anointed on our amulet (if our life is fair enough) we could also go for bit cheaper two nice nodes:

1. Aspect of The Panther : 3% attack/spell block, some atk speed + damage and defense from evasion converted to armor.

2. Gemini : 4% attack/spell block (our block with Rumi would be 75%), some atk speed + damage.

Pretty nice anoints for only 1-2c :)

Last edited by kowal86 on May 3, 2021, 6:56:16 PM
How's this build hold up in high tier Ultis? My assassin is getting creamed there, but shits on everything else. Would like to try a character that does them comfortably.
this is my first time playing PoE, my first encounter with sirus, i died miserably didnt know any of the mechanics until i googled it and left with one portal :( only made his hp down to 1/4 on my last try. is there someway to manage the flasks during sirus fight?
@nzjdef
Soul of Ryslatha gives HP flask charge if flask was not used recently - pretty good stuff. You can go into a corner and wait for refill.
Also flasks like that(charge on hit):

@TheWanderer
Fortify is 20% reduction. The support itself is great as it also increases damage quite a bit. Definitely BiS support. If you are looking for further DPS improvements, see my post above. Few of these are easy to obtain.
@horken007

okay i guess i should prepare now for the meta gear/ further upgrades of this build. thank you!!
Last edited by nzjdef on May 4, 2021, 4:00:43 AM
Finally, I reach t16 and it's going smooth. It's a bit slower on the boss fight, 1 t16 map taking me 2 minutes to complete. But I'm so satisfied with this build even though my DPS is only around 3M.
BRUH MOMENT
After drop in it's price, Anomalous Blood Rage is removed from Even Further Upgrades section and added to Meta Gear. This allows us to have Frenzy charges on bosses and benefit from Outmatch and Outlast ascendancy's damage bonus. Now we have up to %27 more DPS on bosses. This costed us %1.2 DPS loss when clearing because of switching from default quality.

For people requesting advice on upgrades, here are the things I keep on recommending a lot:

• Change your life flask to Bubbling Divine Life flask, it works really well with Blood of The Karui. Please check Running The Build section for usage of the two in conjunction.
• Corrupt both your weapons to %30 quality via beastcraft.
• Get a 6-link Belly and add Fortify to Lacerate.
• Get Steel Rings.
• Increase physical damage on rings and amulet.
• Get the boot enchant.

"
PegasusRideR wrote:
"
Kagarrash wrote:
Also i found that at my point Violent Retailation feels more interesting than Outmatch and Outlast in both terms of dps and survivability, what do you think about it ?

Hi. I'm actually thinking about Violent Retaliation change for some time. After reading your post, I decided to test the change and recorded an Ultimatum video. Endurance charges were 3 most of the time, which is pretty good but I felt the DPS loss, which I will explain soon. I still need to do more testing about sustainability of Endurance charges as well. Here we lose "%10 reduced Physical Damage taken while at Maximum Endurance Charges". Also we need "%10 more Physical Damage while at maximum Frenzy Charges" from Outmatch and Outlast ascendancy especially in early game. It gives a nice %10 DPS boost. Because of the wording "increased", Violent Retalation won't be that effective and also it requires getting hit(blocking). We mostly need %10 DPS increase from Outmatch and Outlast before we get hit, for clear especially in early game. You can see "I don't have enough DPS" messages in thread from people having characters in early game, which becomes good with upgrades. But some not having little patience reroll because of this, before even reaching Required Gear stats and truly start experiencing the build. But on the other hand, Violent Retaliation will be good on endgame bosses, which we can have some improvements. Since we can't keep up flasks on bosses, our block chance is %51-%51 while doing them and Violent Retaliation can bring nice increase to this other than it's DPS increases too. I will be thinking and working on this. Maybe if I can find a way to increase DPS first, it sounds good for now. This will probably take me a while as I wasn't planning to make an update this league. Thanks for the idea!

I had 2 options about this change. Find a way to increase DPS for that lost %10 in clears and do the change, or find a better way. So I found a better way. Anomalous Blood Rage! It was in Even Further Upgrades section because it was 9-10ex last league, but this league they are 4.5-5 ex. Violent Retaliation gives %80 increased damage on bosses, let's say we blocked 4 times in 10 seconds, it makes %112 increased damage in total. In my tests I noticed we mostly block 3-4 times in 10 seconds in endgame bosses because we try to avoid their attacks. This brings %9.6 DPS increase on bosses to Meta Gear. But when we change to Anomalous Blood Rage instead of this, we keep Endurance Charges and %10 reduced damage bonus from Outmatch and Outlast when they're max, also %10 more DPS while clearing, which we would lose with the switch. And we get up to %27 more DPS on bosses by adding Frenzy Charges and having %10 DPS bonus from Outmatch and Outlast ascendancy by keeping them at max. So I did some tests on various different bosses about it's sustainability. First phase of Elder fight turned out to be a good testing place for this. I didn't use any totems to make the phase as long as possible and also tried avoiding his attacks even that I didn't need to. In 3 tests I did with Anomalous Blood Rage, I was able to keep up Frenzy Charges at 3 all the time in 3 tests, even without using Ancestral Protector which buffs our Attacks Per Second from 8 to 11 which would cause faster generation of Frenzy charges. Only hitting 3 took a little time here but after that it didn't drop. Then I tested with regular Blood Rage, Frenzy charges didn't go higher than 1 and was 0 at times(from Swagger node's chance to gain Frenzy charge on block). Even if we keep Frenzy Charges at 2 most of the time on some bosses, it's %10.2 DPS increase and still higher than Violent Retaliation's increase. We also lost %1.2 DPS on clears with the change.

"
realizeyes wrote:
Hi. I actually saw the video and i liked the play style and big aeo.

Thing is i have no boss killer right now- i have 30 ex budget on my stash to invest into. I'd like to have an all arounder. This build should be really good on clear but how about boss killing? Mind you im bad at dodging/bosses thats why i need a durable(forgiving) or decent dps build. Will it fit my needs? I see with rumi it goes to around 70 block chance but its not perma.

Hi. For a long time I'm using this build mostly as my only league character. I try different builds from time to time but mostly do this one as single character. Did many 40/40's without needing another build. It's bossing is good enough for me, but this really differs a lot from person to person. That's why I'm making videos, and thankfully people did good boss videos for the thread. I'm also thinking focusing on clear results better in the end. When we think of time we spend clearing vs. time we spend on bosses, clearing is like %90+(not counting map bosses as they die in seconds). That's why I made it and keeping it on clear side, while being able to do bosses good enough. Without Rumi our block chance is %51-%51 on bosses. Will it fit your needs? That really depends. We're tanky on bosses and have good life replenishment with 2 flask strategy, but we don't have super good boss DPS as you can see in the videos.

"
good build, i guess my gear is solid atm i duno what upgrade i should go for next

Thanks. You have 8.35m DPS and 6.3k life. Your gear is pretty good and your DPS is same as Meta Gear DPS at the moment. But there are still upgrades to make. Let's upgrade your gear. Get an amulet with higher physical damage(8.67m DPS), get rings with physical damage, use abrasive catalysts on them and craft %17 increased Damage(9.37m DPS), get a Stygian like one on Meta Gear(9.40m DPS, 6.7k life), get Anomalous Lacerate(9.58m DPS), get 21-20 Impale(9.72m DPS), get 21-20 Maim to Multiple Totems(9.79m DPS), get Anomalous Blood Rage for Frenzy charges on bosses(9.68m DPS), meanwhile doing these upgrades level awakened gems to 5 and get the boot enchant, also increase crafted mod on boots %60(10.82m DPS). Looks like I picked a node by mistake(10.72m DPS, 6.7k life). Good luck upgrading and here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/Xgm3p14N

Next you can get a rare chest like in Even Further Upgrades section and put in Aul's Uprising or Ryslatha's Coil(or both). If you get a double mod Watcher's Eye on top of these, you're mostly done. The only thing remains that I see is "Nearby enemies take 9% increased Damage" mod on helm. You can also get Herald of Purity instead of Arctic Armor if you are fine sacrificing some tankiness. Also I suggest getting Bubbling Divine life flask as it works really well with Blood of The Karui(Please check Running The Build section for usage of the two in conjunction).

"
Can anyone help me to link a good steel ring and amulet from the trade site? Preferably each ring and amulet is less than 1 ex. Thanks

Amulet(1ex, similar and better than yours):
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/leP69vVfV

Ring(1ex, replacement for Kraken Finger ring, 4 mods one with increased damage craftable. There are also cheaper ones):
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/DdGReZ4C5

"
DoctaClueless wrote:
Hey, playing this build as my first real playthrough of Path Of Exile end game. I am currently not really sure how to continue the build and get more damage. Any guidance on what to upgrade or aim for next would be appreciated. https://pastebin.com/xpiE5jYJ this is my POB.

Hi. You have 2.87m DPS and 5.4k life at the moment. Let's upgrade your gear. Refund Soul of Steel and str node and get bleed node and 2 more life nodes(5.6k life), increase crafted mod on your axe to %15 and corrupt both your axes to %30 quality via beastcraft(2.96m DPS), get an amulet with higher physical damage(3.01m DPS), change rings with Steel rings having higher physical damage and life and use abrasive catalysts on them(3.33m DPS, 5.7k life), get a Stygian Vise and an abyss jewel(3.36m DPS, 5.8k life), get a max roll Lion's Roar and get Rumi's Concoction instead of Sulphur Flask(3.29m DPS, %71-%71 Attack-Spell block), change Luminous Glisten jewel with a Watcher's Eye having "12% chance to deal Double Damage while using Pride" mod(3.57m DPS), get a Haemophilia with Vulnerability on hit implicit and change places of Leap and CWDT setups removing Vulnerability from CWDT and adding Divergent Rage to Leap(3.66m DPS, permanent Vulnerability), get Meta Gear cluster jewel(4.03m DPS), meanwhile doing these upgrades make gems 20-20 and get lv1 Lifetap instead of 20(4.30m DPS, 5.8k life). Good luck upgrading and here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/9B58hdrd

"
n1ghtm4re55 wrote:
Hi! Does it have to be an 8 cluster jewel or a 9 one will do the trick?

Hi. 9 will do the trick too if it's much cheaper, but 8 is always best since it's 1 free skill point compared to 9.

"
TheWanderer wrote:
Hello Pegasus, I've had great times with this build since the beginning of the league, very fun build. I have eight watchstones left with two sirus kills and plenty of optimization left to do. Do you may have any tips at what gear should be upgraded or what i should go for next?

I'm also running ruthless support instead of fortify, is that a mistake? I'm dying mostly to t14-t16 ultimatums (which i can improve by just getting better at them) but overall im pretty safe the most part. When I take damage, it can be healed with flasks most of the time.

Hi. Thanks for your nice words! You have 3.56m DPS and 5.0k life. Let's upgrade your gear. First we need to increase life as it's low. Get a 6-link Belly of The Beast(5.4k life), change your Steel ring with one having life(3.61m DPS, 5.6k life), refund jewel next to Slaughter node and get 2 life nodes(3.51m DPS, 5.7k life), get a 420+pDPS axe(3.68m DPS), get an amulet with physical damage(3.88m DPS), get a Steel Ring instead of Vulnerability on Hit ring and get a Haemophilia with Vulnerability on Hit corrupted implicit(4.15m DPS, resists fixed and spread better), get a Stygian Vise and an abyss jewel(4.18m DPS, 5.8k life), change Watcher's Eye to one having "Impales you inflict last 2 additional Hits while using Pride"(4.53m DPS), meanwhile doing these upgrades make gems 20-20 and get the boot enchant(5.16m DPS, 5.8k life). You can use Ruthless with Lacerate but better if you get a Soul Taker with corrupted Fortify implicit first so you will continue to have Fortify. Good luck upgrading and here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/AZNYnEc4

"
kowal86 wrote:
Hey!

Just wanted to point out that instead of Discipline and Training anointed on our amulet (if our life is fair enough) we could also go for bit cheaper two nice nodes:

1. Aspect of The Panther : 3% attack/spell block, some atk speed + damage and defense from evasion converted to armor.

2. Gemini : 4% attack/spell block (our block with Rumi would be 75%), some atk speed + damage.

Pretty nice anoints for only 1-2c :)

Hi. I actually used Aspect of The Panther with the build for some time, in older Sunder version. Both anointments you recommended are good, just make sure you have 5.9k or higher life with these anointments. You can also get Tenacity too for higher DPS and %5 life at a higher price. It doesn't have block though.

"
SnotZombie wrote:
How's this build hold up in high tier Ultis? My assassin is getting creamed there, but shits on everything else. Would like to try a character that does them comfortably.

There is a video in guide on T16 Ultimatums with lower DPS than Required Gear. Required Gear is around 15ex+gems. You can also see all Ultimatum types played in the video. Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jn85tD2O50

"
nzjdef wrote:
this is my first time playing PoE, my first encounter with sirus, i died miserably didnt know any of the mechanics until i googled it and left with one portal :( only made his hp down to 1/4 on my last try. is there someway to manage the flasks during sirus fight?

Because that is a long fight, keeping flasks up is not possible. However you can save Utility flasks for dangerous situations. Get a Corrupted Blood immunity jewel as it is needed in Sirus fights, also better if you increase your life a bit more. You might want to increase DPS some as well. Other than these it's a matter of learning and mastering mechanics of the fight, mainly learning to avoid his attacks. There are 2 Sirus videos in guide that can be helpful. Good luck!

"
Horken007 wrote:
Instant life flask helps more than you guys think.

It's the first time in a league that many people didn't take one. I added usage of the two flasks to flasks part in Gear and Gems section. Also put it on top of this post. Let's see how it goes:) I also just noticed you're doing another build this league. Thanks a lot for still being here and helping out people!
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ https://ironhideout.net 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /view-thread/3483665
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /view-thread/3263906
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: pegasusrider
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /view-thread/3447573
Do you think this build is hc viable ? And what
About ssf viable ?. I havnt played in a while and thinking about trying out this build
is it possible to keep the berserk always on? or at least a lot of the time?
Hey Pegasus! Thanks for this guide. I usually play Flicker and decided to give this build a try. I just hit 32 watchstones and l feel like my damage is very low. Im honestly not sure what order to focus my upgrades on at the moment as l have 6k hp and 2.4m on POB. Can you take a look at my pob: https://pastebin.com/BQjTxhyw and provide me with some guidance on what to focus on? I can clear t14-16 ultimatums, and can kill the conqs (really slow) but l still sometimes die and l think its because my damage is not keeping up. Thanks!
Last edited by thundersp3ar on May 5, 2021, 5:47:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info