[3.14] LACERMAN BUILD (Fast ClearSpeed + EZ to Play + All Content + Block)

"
Stehbz wrote:
Cheers for the build and it's appreciated how much you respond to questions in this thread. As a returning player after a long time, the discussions are really helpful to keep learning more about the game. I've invested a fair bit of currency and it's been going really well for me. :)

I'm curious about the Main Hand weapon with Culling and what would could be considered a viable trade-off.
I currently have a Culling MH weapon that is fairly decent.
Culling is awesome, and I love not caring about the last 10% hp of a boss.

Let's say... if there's an axe that does not have culling, but has a huge chunk of additional raw physical on it ( e.g Physical Damage: 234-418 vs 190-348, same attack speeds) would it be worth dropping that culling in order to get more flat damage overall? Or is culling just that good?

Thanks for your nice words! Let's do a comparison on Pob:

500pDPS, no culling: 8.00m DPS
500pDPS, with culling: 8.89m DPS
600pDPS, no culling: 8.56m DPS

All are calculated on Meta Gear Pob. Culling Strike is really good:)
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ 𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐬://𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭.𝐧𝐞𝐭 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟖𝟑𝟔𝟔𝟓
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟐𝟔𝟑𝟗𝟎𝟔
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: 𝐩𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟒𝟕𝟓𝟕𝟑
Hi Pegasus, are we RIP? :)

This build is looking appealing because of the horrid mana costs added to other builds so soultaker kinda alleviates that...

Any thoughts on incoporating kaoms boots in it too to avoid frozens and temporal chains too?
"
Nevzat wrote:

This build is looking appealing because of the horrid mana costs added to other builds so soultaker kinda alleviates that...

Any thoughts on incoporating kaoms boots in it too to avoid frozens and temporal chains too?

Hi Nevzat. Gotta see the numbers on Pob first but build already had Maven arena problems like The Feared, also Maven fight itself required investment before this patch. I'll only make a small update to the build at launch day, will update Pob links and passive trees and leave it there. Bigger updates will be up to you to discuss in this thread. If I was playing, I'd play this build the same, but I can say that time for this build is running out as game is rapidly changing. But it will still be fun for it's very fast clear speed I'm thinking.
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Jul 21, 2021, 9:41:32 AM
"
PegasusRideR wrote:
Yesterday Lacerman build became 2 years old! 22nd May was the day it all started, and also it is time to announce the end of it after 2 years of existence. I'm giving a long break to PoE, also build is getting close to it's expiry date. Maven expansion was a heavy hit to the build(and also to many clear speed oriented builds) introducing Maven and Maven arena. Then I increased tankiness with increasing block by ascendancies and it turned out to be effective defensively, but still needed high investment to overcome Maven fight and Feared-Hidden. Meaning DPS needed increase as well. Then I increased it as high as I could, it's good enough but a little on the lower side for those content, so I'm thinking it's time to end it. Overall it was a fun journey for me, hope it was like that for you too. In these 2 years, we kept growing and became a community and build became better and better each league, which is thanks to you Lacermen as many improvement ideas came from you along the way. Here's a summary of what happened in these 2 years;

It all started with Sunderman build in 22 May 2019 with the release of this 28 minute video and a guide on forums, here. Sunderman wasn't good at start, it used to say "Cannot kill Uber Elder" in Cons. I also got banned from sharing a flask macro made specifically for the build(I didn't know it's forbidden):) Funny times. Then things started to improve. In 3.8, Cannot Kill Uber Elder was removed from Cons, instead it had an AUL kill screenshot in Pros part of Pros and Cons section, here. There it made into a blog post called "POE 3.8 Most Popular Gladiator Builds - Top 5 Friendly Budget", here. It also made into a player called Razunter's list of melee builds, here. Then later following in 3.9 here and 3.10 here. In 3.9, it fully switched to impale and started to become what it is today. First Minotaur video came out that time, here. Thread started to become very active, build started to become powerful. 1 month into league, 26th League Lab ladder record came from EasyKun097. Sadly all ladder links are deleted but his post is here. In the screenshot he's 35th but then he later improved it to 26th that day. In 3.10, after some improvements I released another video showcasing both gears and this time Minotaur kill time was half compared to previous, here. Meta Gear DPS was 4.62m and life was 6.7k back then with %29-0 Attack-Spell block. By that time, around each 3 of 4 Sunder players were playing Sunderman build(I can't find the fucking screenshot). Sunderman became flagship of Sunder builds. Around that time, someone wanted to buy the build and I didn't sell. Actually looks like I didn't even respond, how rude of me, here.

Then in 3.11, Sunder got a big change and Sunder's distance on high attack speed and Multistrike was reduced like a joke, here. That day I either had to end it or had to do something. I thought of change.org first, then I thought "I" had to change something instead. At 7th hour of the league, Lacerman build was ready and posted. It had only Lacerate gem change and a new video, which is the Minotaur video on this thread, here. Then in 14 days, build was fully adapted to Lacerate without big changes but going pure phys. with Brutality and some more changes. Compared to Sunderman, it was a total blast with more DPS and wider Aoe. Harvest(3.11) league went pretty good and smooth. At 6th day of Heist(3.12) league, 16th League Lab Ladder record came from logitewty. Again ladder links are deleted by GGG and I talked to logitewty, we both don't have a screenshot but we have his post and video of the run. Also Catarina video on Xbox from demonardvarks came that time, here. Also in Heist(3.12), we were picked amongs top 5 heist starter builds on expertgamereviews.com, here. Also Razunter kept on picking us for his top melee builds, 3.12, 3.13 and 3.14 as 6th best melee build. It's also the league Al-Hezmin kill video is added, here. In 3.13, Lacerman got it's place amongst top viewed Duelist builds when time after release and views are considered, here(All best ones in one screenshot). Also our small community got 4 more videos. Sirus videos, a Maven kill video and The Twisted. People were helping each other, messages were raining and we totally became a community! But there was a problem. Echoes of The Atlas expansion. Maven and Feared/Hidden was hard to do for us. At that time I made the block change, we increased %29-%0 Attack-Spell block to %51-%51 using Versatile Combatant and an explody chest which made us tankier and Maven and Sirus A9 vidoes came afterwards. Then Multiple Totems change came which increased DPS. With these increases, it became so good that if there weren't Maven and her arena, I was planning to change the name of the build to Lacerman 2. But GGG decided to go bossier and slower as a result with Echoes of the Atlas, there was nothing I could do but try for one more league. In Ultimatum League(3.14), we were the most popular build for a time on poebuilds.cc around league launch date which is the busiest time for build searching, here. Also it was pretty active on poe.ninja despite that popular Lacerate build and Whiskeys was the first Lacerator and 11th Gladiator to level to 100 with Lacerman build, here. Also we hit 873345 views and 1231 messages at the moment. Shortly after launch I increased block to %71-%71 while clearing and improved bossing by adding Anomalous Blood Rage. We were awesome in Ultimatums, but still wasn't enough. Maven fight and Maven arena fights The Hidden and The Feared still requires too much investment. This is unacceptable for me and thus I'm ending the build. I will keep on supporting it until the end of this league, make a Pob update when next league arrives for people wanting to enjoy it one more time and end it there. This game is changing rapidly and together we stood for 2 solid years, but sadly time has come to end it. I want to thank to everybody who's been in Lacerman community, especially people who helped to improve it with their ideas and people who helped each other which will stay amongst the pages of both threads. Currently I'm not planning to make another build in the future, I'm planning to take a break from Poe, but who knows what will happen. I might come back with another build:)

This patch hit us real bad. Pob DPS of Required Gear is reduced from 3.81m to 2.22m and Meta Gear is reduced from 8.89m to 5.02m. %71-%71 Attack-Spell block is reduced to %63-%63. Also Physical Damage Reduction is reduced from %80 to %61 on Required Gear and %79 to %58 on Meta Gear. I updated Pob links and passive trees, also made 2 changes to the build which you can find in Changes Since Release section. I made these for the people wanting to enjoy the build one last time this league as I promised. But after seeing these numbers, I don't recommend playing this build anymore. I hope you enjoyed Lacerman or Sunderman builds in the past, as this build is a thing of the past now. Goodbye everyone!

"
Nevzat wrote:

Sadly, we are.
I would love to see an update for 3.16 to this build, by far my favorite build ever played.
Does anyone use this build on 3.16?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info